Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 11:14 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,519,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
1) The Imperishable Crown – (1 Corinthians 9:24-25)
2) The Crown of Rejoicing – (1 Thessalonians 2:19)
3) The Crown of Righteousness – (2 Timothy 4:8)
4) The Crown of Glory – (1 Peter 5:4)
5) The Crown of Life – (Revelation 2:10)

2 Corinthians 5:10

New King James Version (NKJV)

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad.

Revelation 22:12

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.

Jesus makes it quite clear that our works do matter.
Yep works matter. The "Crown" is the same, just different descriptions and the verses in 2 Cor and Rev speak of either life or death/good or bad. Your crown would not be "bigger" than another's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
True, because if there is segregation in heaven, thats not really a reward. But we will not not what these rewards Jesus is talking about are until he comes back. Im pretty sure one will have more in heaven who was faithful to God and tried to obey his commands than someone who wanted to what whatever they pleased on earth and managed to just get by at the judgement seat of Christ. This is why Jesus said store your treasures in Heaven since everything we have on earth will disappear.

If there is no rewards for righteousness and trying to obey Jesus commands, there is no point of following any of them at all if in the end we all get the same result.
That is the point. The reward is given to those who do their best, not in comparison with others. Those who think they can get by with minimal/less than the can, simply show a heart condition that gets them rejected. Love of God, His Son and neighbor will motivate one and faith is the foundation of that. If someone does not exert themselves mightily, like through a tight door, they don't get in. No variance in reward, just you get in or you don't. After all humility is at the base of our faith and actions, thus a truly humble person would reject any great reward, greater than another's. When some of the disciples/apostles wanted to be greater, they were shown it is humility that counts not desire for position in some way.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:39 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,319,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist-77 View Post
There are multitudes of warning passages that do not blatantly warn of losing eternal life.
Here is one of my favorites:

Matt 7:24-27 • “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them,
I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: and the rain
descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house;
and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.
But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them,
will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: and the rain descended,
the floods came,and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall.”

Great Post
I am convinced that the OSAS doctrine is highly approved by Satan. It flies in the faceof the 2nd part of the great commission in Matt. 28:[20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
These are red-letter words of our blessed Lord and Savior'
Evangelist Greg Laurie agrees with James that Faith without works is dead, being alone. The vast majority of protestant denominations are turning the scriptures into a lie, insisting that we are saved by faith alone. The words quoted from Eph. 2:8-10 by the OSAS crowd usually leave out verse 10. EPh. 2:[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast. [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:01 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,730,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Great Post
I am convinced that the OSAS doctrine is highly approved by Satan. It flies in the faceof the 2nd part of the great commission in Matt. 28:[20] Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Evangelist Greg Laurie agrees with James that Faith without works is dead, being alone. The vast majority of protestant denominations are turning the scriptures into a lie, insisting that we are saved by faith alone. The words quoted from Eph. 2:8-10 by the OSAS crowd usually leave out verse 10. EPh. 2:[8] For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: [9] Not of works, lest any man should boast. [10] For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Amen !!!

Old 11-05-2013, 01:37 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,500,862 times
It's a good thing that Christ came to seek and save the lost, or they would never find their way.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's a good thing that Christ came to seek and save the lost, or they would never find their way.
There is no other way.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:42 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,547,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Prince View Post
Great Post
The purpose of works (according to Jesus) is to glorify God
Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
therefore the other lie of Satan is to pervert the purpose of what works are intended for.
Satan's other lie is the alternative focus by using the word "and" along with "faith" when being saved.

It's not by accident that more people are attracted to Satan's larger lie of a co-savior concept:
"faith and __ works \ obedience to the law "

Old 11-05-2013, 02:50 PM

400 posts, read 604,453 times
I always remember the late J. Vernon McGee on the subject of Bible interpretation. He said to the effect it would sure be a lot easier if everyone saw things the way I do. He went on to say, when we all get to heaven and find out who was right, it won't matter anymore anyway.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,500,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
There is no other way.
He gave humanity, the way, the truth; and the life that we should live.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The purpose of works (according to Jesus) is to glorify God
Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
therefore the other lie of Satan is to pervert the purpose of what works are intended for.
Satan's other lie is the alternative focus by using the word "and" along with "faith" when being saved.

It's not by accident that more people are attracted to Satan's larger lie of a co-savior concept:
"faith and __ works \ obedience to the law "
Note the works that do not save are specifically the works of the Law, not works in obedience to God and His Son. Of course no work without faith is of anymore value than any faith without works. Both are dead.

However calling Jesus Lord, means he is your master and you must obey Him. Matt 28:19,20 being one example and there are others where we have direct commands from Christ, or the Apostles under inspiration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity