Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2013, 01:03 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times

Advertisements

I do think he will be fined if anyone chooses to push the issue. You cannot choose who to serve and who not to serve. That was stopped with the Civil Rights Movement, and that would include sexual orientation. I can't say I refuse to take as a client someone who is heterosexual or homosexual or any other orientation. It is against the law.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:36 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
Yes I do have a right to earn my living as I see fit. And I can do as I have stated.
Whatever. I have the right to organize a picket line and march up and down in front of your business to protest your refusal to serve the LGBT community. I have the right to organize a boycott of your business.

But, if you're so tremendously unhappy with having to actually follow the law you are, indeed, allowed to close down your business. A gay man and his new husband then have the right to open whatever business it is that you do and, like good little capitalists, make a ton of money by NOT discriminating based on race, creed, sexual orientation, etc.

It's a fabulous country. And nature abhors a vacuum.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:43 PM

33,540 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What about the Pastor in Philly that was put in jail until he agreed to perform a gay marriage?...
That is not why he was arrested... Pastor arrested protesting Kane's gay-marriage stance - Philly.com

Old 11-23-2013, 01:49 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You mean a fundie got their facts wrong?

Tell me it is not so.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
Very well stated. This is indeed the real issue. Special privileges based on a sinful lifestyle that they choose. No one is born to sin and rebel against God!
What special privileges? You must mean the special privileges that you have, right?

Old 11-23-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
I have a right to make a living and should not have to give up my other rights to do so. In fact I won't. I will run my business and not hire or do business with anyone I believe to be homosexual or promoting any other sin. It is my right and I shall not give it up without a fight. Come try and make me.
Seems to me that you will have no business, as according to what I have heard from Christians all people are sinners.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:59 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Seems to me that you will have no business, as according to what I have heard from Christians all people are sinners.
You will get no response to this. He has been called out multiple times on this and has no answer.

Old 11-23-2013, 02:47 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
Very well stated. This is indeed the real issue. Special privileges based on a sinful lifestyle that they choose. No one is born to sin and rebel against God!
Very basic biblical teaching is this.

We are all born in sin. It's a condition that is common to all of the sons and daughters of Adam. We are born with the "Adamic nature" that every single human being inherits. That is the reason Jesus had to be born of a virgin, otherwise he could not have accomplished his mission as one who was without sin.

The second point is similar to the first. All unregenerate human beings are not only in rebellion against God they are at enmity with God and are totally separated from God with no communion possible in any way shape or manner. This is basic Christianity 101. Jesus came so that we could have a relationship with God, that we could be forgiven by God and so that we could have such close communion with him that we could call him our "Abba Father" or Daddy.

Understand something here, we are not sinners because we sin, we sin because we are sinners. There is a world of difference between those two concepts. When we have the correct understanding of this truth it causes us to be able to love the sinner and relate to everyone regardless of his sins because we were in the exact same place they are in. We realize that we ourselves are no different except by God's grace and that nothing in or of ourselves gains us any merit in God's eyes.

When you are considering of how, as a Christian you should be treating or relating to a homosexual or any other sinner for that matter you should always consider Jesus' parable of "The good Samaritan".
Now I don't think there is any class sinner alive today that was despised and hated to the degree the Samaritans were hated by the Jews. The Samaritan had mercy on this injured man even thing he know the man hated him and everything he was or could ever be. We Christians are called to be the same. We are to be loving and compassionate even to those who actively hate us and everything about us. Now, that is a tall order to be sure and we are totally incapable of it in and of ourselves. The power of the Holy Spirit assists us in this work and the conviction of the Holy Spirit commands us to be this way. If you feel differently. If you feel the sinner deserves your condemnation or your rejection or exclusion then it is highly doubtful that you are a Christian at all.

Old 11-23-2013, 03:22 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla Martin View Post
Dear Hyker,
With all due respect to you and your valued thoughts on this timely subject of import to all I humbly present the following articles, while in no way confirming contrary beliefs to your own, they indicate a difference of opinion from behind the pulpits in America and Europe. Churches Fear Lawsuits for Refusing Gay Weddings - Todd Starnes - Page full
Church same-sex blessings across Europe « Via Integra
Presented with blessings for your continued safe journey to truth.
And with all due respect Priscilla, that article is by a well known gay-bashing 'journalist' Todd Starnes who has been routinely caught out replacing the facts with.... well... non-facts.

In any case, churches will never be forced to perform marriage ceremonies for SSM (although there are many who will choose to perform them).

Old 11-23-2013, 03:31 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What about the Pastor in Philly that was put in jail until he agreed to perform a gay marriage?...
Wait ... what???!!!

I live in Philly, and I never heard of such an outlandish thing.

Can you please cite your source???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity