Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 07:07 PM

269 posts, read 208,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
When was the last time a drinking fountain was labeled "homosexuals" or "heterosexuals"
When civil unions was used as a means to keep same sex couples from getting married

Quote:
When was the last time gays sat in the back of a bus?
When DOMA was passed

Quote:
Have gays always been allowed to vote?
inalienable human rights issues are not to be voted on, ever consider your right to marry was NEVER up for a vote...because you are a human being as are homosexuals.

you need to establish a justified reason why this would be up for a vote, an opinion based on conjecture conjured up by ignorant people doesn't count.

Quote:
Are people enslaved for being gay?
yes, as their choices in life have become subject to bigots

Old 11-23-2013, 07:10 PM

269 posts, read 208,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
Like people wanting to control me and force me to do business with those I choose not to on religious grounds. This is proof of the point the OP was making. It is about having it forced on Christians. That's all you guy's have been saying you want while claiming it's not true. Just be honest and admit the truth. You want Christians to accept you and give you special rights no other sinful lifestyle has. You are raciest against Blacks by comparing your sinful lifestyle to there skin color.

I shall follow God and obey him over you and anyone else who want me to violate my God's commands. Sorry, you just can't force me to do that.
you seem to be reaching for straws when defending sociopathy...your god is meaningless in the real world

Old 11-23-2013, 07:10 PM

386 posts, read 669,144 times
I don't agree with homosexuality but I also don't agree with hating someone or thinking bad of someone simply because they're homosexual. I serve God by trying to eliminate hate in my life since we are all brothers and sisters in His eyes.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:11 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,903,082 times
Ignore the bible. Use your own sense of decency.

You should accept people as they are - short, tall, any skin color, and any sexual orientation. That is how we are born.

If two homosexuals want to marry, then let them. They aren't hurting you.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:12 PM

668 posts, read 691,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
What exactly are these special rights other sinful lifestyles don't have? Certainly you can't mean marriage as other sinful lifestyles (of course not my definition but yours) can get married.
You want to be able to force Christians to take part in your weddings by forcing them to do business with you. Maybe you missed that part of the discussion.

Bottom line is that Homosexuality is a sin. God will send you to hell for it. You must repent and turn from your sin. Let God forgive you and make you clean again. The few years of what you think is pleasure from your sin in this life is not worth and endless separation from God paying for your rejection of Him.

If I hated you I would tell you "It's OK, god made you that way, continue on". But because I know you are heading to an eternity you don't really want I will not lie to you and encourage you to go to hell. I love you enough to tell you the truth.

God loved you so much that while you are still a sinner He sent His Son to die for your sin. If you will but believe in Him. God has so much more for you when you do.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:13 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,320,010 times
I have decided that people with only one or two rep points are just trying to be confrontational. Who really cares what a few people think? Let them cut off a segment of the population because of their bigotry and hate. As for me, I choose to love all people and not judge the ones different from me. This includes the ones who don't agree with me. I always wonder what will happen when someone they love announces that they are gay. Will they be ostracized, or will their feelings change when they are directly affected.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:14 PM

668 posts, read 691,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minidiaz View Post
you seem to be reaching for straws when defending sociopathy...your god is meaningless in the real world
Only in your world. The God you will stand before and account to for your sin has offered a way out for you. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to pay the penalty for your sin if you will but believe.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:15 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,193,025 times
That isn't a "special" right. That is called not being able to discriminate. And that goes for things other than sexual orientation.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:17 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,239,243 times
Quote:
Of course there are states where women cannot marry women. It's a sin and a sickness. It is a foolish and sick choice and only sexually deviant people would do that. God can heal you and forgive you of that sin but not as long as you are in rebellion and choose to do such sinful acts.
YOUR religion says it is a sin. The laws of this country do not bow to your religious beliefs.

I notice you skipped right over your hypocritical post.

Old 11-23-2013, 07:19 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,239,243 times
Quote:
Like people wanting to control me and force me to do business with those I choose not to on religious grounds. This is proof of the point the OP was making. It is about having it forced on Christians. That's all you guy's have been saying you want while claiming it's not true. Just be honest and admit the truth. You want Christians to accept you and give you special rights no other sinful lifestyle has. You are raciest against Blacks by comparing your sinful lifestyle to there skin color.

I shall follow God and obey him over you and anyone else who want me to violate my God's commands. Sorry, you just can't force me to do that.
No one is forcing you to go into business. IF you CHOOSE to do so, you must follow all of the laws that every other person who CHOOSES to go into business has to follow. Your religion does not give you the right to break the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity