Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 06:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
And you can use that same exact argument about interracial marriages. You have the same exact rights regarding marriage as I do. You have to marry someone of the same race. That didn't last either.
Makes too much sense - must reject.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:09 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,236,480 times
Quote:
And you can use that same exact argument about interracial marriages. You have the same exact rights regarding marriage as I do. You have to marry someone of the same race. That didn't last either.
Have people forgotten that marriage was invented by God?

Comparing homosexuality to race is baseless. One is a human rights issue, the other is an entitlement issue by changing the definition of an entire institution to appease a small minority. They want special rights above and beyond everyone else.

Whether you like it or not, marriage is a holy union between man and woman ordained by God. The laws, dictionaries and public opinion may change about the definition of marriage, but God won't change, and these unions will never be blessed.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:15 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,170,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Have people forgotten that marriage was invented by God?

Comparing homosexuality to race is baseless. One is a human rights issue, the other is an entitlement issue by changing the definition of an entire institution to appease a small minority.

Whether you like it or not, marriage is a holy union between man and woman ordained by God. The laws, dictionaries and public opinion may change about the definition of marriage, but God won't change, and these unions will never be blessed.
You do whatever you want in your church. Marry who you want. I don't care. Honestly I am perfectly happy if you don't want to have gay people married in your church or recognized under your rules.

But not everyone believes in god. And not everyone that believes in god believes in your god or the same rules as you. Have you forgotten that?

So no, it is not a matter if "I like it or not". That is like me saying to you "if you like it or not god does not exist". I'm guessing that wouldn't fly with you, would it?

Old 11-23-2013, 06:17 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,934,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I was just pointing this out in response to the poster that claimed that churches can refuse to marry gay couples, that at one time it did happen and a pastor was jailed for it...
I don't believe that happened the way you describe, especia;ly not in the 80's

Old 11-23-2013, 06:17 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,236,480 times
Quote:
You do whatever you want in your church. Marry who you want. I don't care. Honestly I am perfectly happy if you don't want to have gay people married in your church or recognized under your rules.

But not everyone believes in god. And not everyone that believes in god believes in your god or the same rules as you. Have you forgotten that?

So no, it is not a matter if "I like it or not". That is like me saying to you "if you like it or not god does not exist". I'm guessing that wouldn't fly with you, would it?
Doesn't matter, we're given free will to either believe or not believe in God. You're choosing not to believe.

I don't care whether gays marry. As I said, laws will change.

I was correcting you on your false comparison between race and homosexuality.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:20 PM

269 posts, read 208,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You have the exact same rights regarding marriage as I do. You have to marry someone of the opposite gender.
no, silly you want to marry someone of the opposite sex...she doesn't

jim crow laws were already dealt with

Old 11-23-2013, 06:23 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,170,062 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter, we're given free will to either believe or not believe in God. You're choosing not to believe.

I don't care whether gays marry. As I said, laws will change.

Not a false analogy at all in the context I was using it in.

And if all you were doing was talking about race and homosexuality why did you bring in that god invented marriage?

Old 11-23-2013, 06:27 PM

269 posts, read 208,387 times
Quote:

let me correct you.

there is no difference between being born gay and being born of a certain race...
or being born with blue eyes, or being born left handed
there is no justification for defending an opinion based on conjecture that would marginalize people who are born of a certain race and a certain sexual orientation as that opinion is not something people are born with

unjustified discrimination is ugly...
and you aren't making it any prettier

Old 11-23-2013, 06:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,210,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You have the exact same rights regarding marriage as I do. You have to marry someone of the opposite gender.
And, as each of the 50 states passes marriage equality laws, you will have the right to marry someone of the same gender! You will have EXACTLY the same right as every gay man and lesbian woman in the United States. And more freedom! No "have to". Freedom. equality. That's what makes us Americans! Yay.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 11-23-2013 at 06:43 PM..

Old 11-23-2013, 06:31 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,934,911 times
Hooray for equal protection!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity