Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 08:10 PM

264 posts, read 351,954 times

Advertisements

You can not RAISE UP the new temple until the old one is torn down.
Our old flesh man is our earthly tent, our temple where we tabernacle with God. Our goal is to tear down that old temple that was erected while we lived in Egypt, and then begin to build UPWARDS from heavenly Jerusalem, on the firm foundation of Christ, The Rock, The Stone, which is the Word of God that raises us up from the dead, unto LIFE. Paul was a very good TENT raiser.

2 Cor 5:1-4
5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
KJV
1 Cor 6:19-20
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
KJV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2013, 04:25 AM

9,700 posts, read 10,065,888 times
In Matthew 27 :51..At the cross of Christ ...``And look , the veil of the Temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom , and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent ......``......See it was God who ripped the veil of authority of the old Temple which the Jewish people would have to go to worship God , as there was no other place , ..... then God put the authority of the New Covenant to Jesus , which the temple of Holy spirit would be a Temple on believers who could go any were in Spirit and in truth , and the temple could never be broken down by the armies of the enemies , and can go to the farthest areas of the earth instead of Jerusalem only

Old 11-23-2013, 06:23 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,396,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
You can not RAISE UP the new temple until the old one is torn down.
Our old flesh man is our earthly tent, our temple where we tabernacle with God. Our goal is to tear down that old temple that was erected while we lived in Egypt, and then begin to build UPWARDS from heavenly Jerusalem, on the firm foundation of Christ, The Rock, The Stone, which is the Word of God that raises us up from the dead, unto LIFE. Paul was a very good TENT raiser.

2 Cor 5:1-4
5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
KJV
1 Cor 6:19-20
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
KJV
How do you plan on doing this ?.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:11 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,438,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Good question. How do you tear down the old one, afaithfulone? If you say something has to be done, it would be helpful to include how to do it.

Personally, I've always been under the impression that the spirit of God (the new man) being raised in us is what "tears down" the old man. Which would be the opposite of what you're saying (that we have to tear down the old before the new can be raised).

"Be transformed by the renewing of your mind so that you may do what is good."

Casting off the idea that God sees us as poor, miserable sinners and is angry with us seems like a good place to start the renewal.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In Matthew 27 :51..At the cross of Christ ...``And look , the veil of the Temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom , and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent ......``......See it was God who ripped the veil of authority of the old Temple which the Jewish people would have to go to worship God , as there was no other place , ..... then God put the authority of the New Covenant to Jesus , which the temple of Holy spirit would be a Temple on believers who could go any were in Spirit and in truth , and the temple could never be broken down by the armies of the enemies , and can go to the farthest areas of the earth instead of Jerusalem only

You are so right. The natural temple represents our old man, and the one built by men's hands and BOTH must be torn down before the spiritual can manifest. We are being built up as living stones into the temple built by the HAND of God by His Spirit and the foundation of HIS WORD. Our bodies must be cleansed and made holy inwardly, be holy as he is holy, but as a body of Christ we are being built together in holiness as a holy temple and a nation who will be the heirs and live in our mother heavenly Jerusalem the city who is the Bride and wife of the Lamb.

Heb 9:8
8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
KJV

Old 11-23-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Good question. How do you tear down the old one, afaithfulone? If you say something has to be done, it would be helpful to include how to do it.

Personally, I've always been under the impression that the spirit of God (the new man) being raised in us is what "tears down" the old man. Which would be the opposite of what you're saying (that we have to tear down the old before the new can be raised).

"Be transformed by the renewing of your mind so that you may do what is good."

Casting off the idea that God sees us as poor, miserable sinners and is angry with us seems like a good place to start the renewal.

Let me just ask you, do you see any who claim that Jesus is their Lord, yet they are walking in their old ways after years and years of becoming a believer? We must be DOERS OF THE WORD, not just HEARERS ONLY. Right?
After all those of the old covenant just looked upon the Word in the STONE, but they could never do them. Well that is why we have a better covenant. Not meaning that we don't have to do them anymore, but we HAVE THE HELPER, they did not! God knows that we can not in our own fallen nature of the beast do what is right because without the Spirit of God indwelling us we CAN'T. So Jesus' paid the price to redeem us by making it possible for the Spirit of God to guide WHO SO EVER WILL want to renew their minds so that they CAN obey the Word, the Voice of God whom God sent to us.

If there are no laws to guide and keep man from becoming corrupt vile beings, then you get CHAOS(No order) Darkness(Evil) Void(empty of LOVE in the world). If you seriously believe that God does not expect us to get rid of our old way of thinking and doing in this dog eat dog(nature of the beast) world man has created for himself, and renew our minds to RAISE UP in our standards as MEN walking UP right on two feet as a man made in the image of God, then you are very deceived and deny the LOVE of the TRUTH. We are not subject to the WHOLE LAW of the 613 which were added for transgressions when we come to Christ, but the 10 written in the STONE WHICH IS CHRIST, the Rock of our salvation are IMMOVABLE for the Word is the same yesterday today and forever and God NEVER CHANGES.

Rom 2:10-15
10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
11 For there is no respect of persons with God.
12 For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;
13(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:
15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another
KJV
James 1:21-27
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
KJV

See the law of liberty says.. if you learn to do what is right to begin with by God's standards, then you won't put your self back under a mountain of LAWS.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

By DENYING MY FLESH daily in a sacrifice holy unto the Lord. By putting others interests and well being before MY SELFISH DESIRES, by keeping my body in check by not committing fornication(sleeping around), by not cheating on my spouse which is adultery, but not lying to get my way in life, by not stealing to meet my needs.. get the picture? We must rid our selves of SELF SURVIVAL like the beast have instilled in them and think for the Best of all involved according to GOD'S WILL, meaning what His Word says is right for His Will is to know and do His Word. We are to allow the Word of God and the Spirit to operate(work) within us to cut and burn away those animal lusts our flesh loves so much but is clearly to our demise.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:32 AM

269 posts, read 208,692 times
i like my imperfect temple... i don't see why i should tear it down.
it is in the knowledge of my own short comings that i can learn and look back to compare my progress too..

tearing down a temple would just be like sweeping the ugly under the rug...
i say reveal the ugly, acknowledge it and gage your progress from it

Old 11-23-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidiaz View Post
i like my imperfect temple... i don't see why i should tear it down.
it is in the knowledge of my own short comings that i can learn and look back to compare my progress too..

tearing down a temple would just be like sweeping the ugly under the rug...
i say reveal the ugly, acknowledge it and gage your progress from it

So you believe that you are in the image of Christ in that still fallen state? Jesus knew NO SIN, and you are only hidden in him UNTIL the end when the birth of the sons of God are revealed. You are supposed to be GROWING in Christ to become made in his image... Do you think it means to outwardly look like a human man that people draw which is idolatry. Or do you think it would please God for you to be in the IMAGE OF Christ as in his attributes?

Your salvation does not depend on YOU for no man can save themselves as they all have become as filthy rags says God. Not Abraham, not Noah, Not Jacob, Not Moses all needed Christ to die in their place and to be given the Spirit of God to indwell them. For if you do not have the Spirit of God working in you, allowing God to prune OFF all the bad stuff in your life(carnal desires) being humble to not resist it, then you are a child of the devil being disobedient to Christ. Jesus had to come Not to just cover up sin while they party on. But to TAKE AWAY OUR SINS.... so that we don't do them anymore!

When time is up, which it is just about for this 6 days in God's timing (6,000 years of work in our timing)Christ warns us that our rewards will be according to each persons own acts:
Rev 22:10-13
10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
KJV

Old 11-23-2013, 11:36 AM

269 posts, read 208,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
So you believe that you are in the image of Christ in that still fallen state? Jesus knew NO SIN, and you are only hidden in him UNTIL the end. You are supposed to be GROWING in Christ to become made in his image... Do you think it means to outwardly look like a human man that people draw which is idolatry. Or do you think it would please God for you to be in the IMAGE OF Christ as in his attributes?

You salvation does not depend on YOU for no man can save themselves as they all have become as filthy rags says God. Not Abraham, not Noah, Not Jacob, Not Moses all needed Christ to die in their place and to be given the Spirit of God to indwell them for it you do not have the Spirit working in you, then you are a child of the devil being disobedient to Christ. Jesus had to come Not to just cover up sin while they party on. But to TAKE AWAY OUR SINS.... so that we don't do them anymore!

When time is up, which it is just about for this 6 days in God's timing (6,000 years of work in our timing)Christ warns us that our rewards will be according to each persons own acts:
Rev 22:10-13
10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
KJV
since the assertion that jesus is perfection hasn't been proven to me, i don't really care who this jesus is.
i just don't think i should ignore my imperfections in order to better myself, if you have a problem with that...tough...it's my life.

Quote:
You salvation does not depend on YOU
oh it most certainly does...since it is up to the individual to decide to believe, according to the christian tradition...

thusly the individual and the savior are equally important to ones own salvation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity