Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 02:46 PM

264 posts, read 351,199 times

Advertisements

Jesus went into hell for 3 days. But it may surprise you when he actually entered hell. It was not after his death. It was the evening that he was betrayed by one of his own people and put in the hands of CARNAL MAN. He had not experienced anything like it up until that time.

He was ROASTED as our Passover Lamb as he was mocked, spat on, flesh torn, forehead pierced, hands and feet pierced, and every imaginable thing that HELLISH BEASTS can do to one another.

The Jews rehearse this every year and they prepare the Lamb on Friday the preparation day and by sundown they are to FEED UPON THE LAMB which is to be eaten FULLING by morning. That is exactly as Jesus who's body we are to feed upon being our meat, our Bread of life, our Passover Lamb fulfilled the Passover feast.
He was not in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights AFTER HIS DEATH but he entered HELL before.

Jesus was in hell for 3 nights and 3 days and here is how:
On the Jewish day begins at EVE or SUNDOWN. So beginning on Wednesday SUNDOWN in the garden of Gethsemane which was actually Thursday Eve 1 then Thursday Day 1, Thursday SUNDOWN was Friday Eve 2 then Friday Day 2 (PREPERATION DAY), Friday SUNDOWN was Saturday Eve 3 then Saturday Day 3. Jesus arose from his tomb at the end of the third DAY which was just before Saturday SUNDOWN being the DAWN OF A NEW DAY BEING THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK SUNDAY EVE and stood in the midst of the disciples.
Mary would have came to the tomb to anoint the body at Friday Sundown which was Saturday Eve but it was the Sabbath and she had to wait till THE END OF THE SABBATH which was Saturday about SUNDOWN which he had already arose. She would not have waited till Sunday morning when the Sabbath had ended just before sundown which would have been another 12 hours later.
Jesus stood in the midst of the disciples on Saturday EVE which is still the 7th day on our calendar until midnight, yet was considered the dawn of A NEW DAY, being the FIRST DAY of the week. So Jesus who is our 7TH DAY REST being the Sabbath arose on THE 7TH DAY NOT THE 8TH.
John 20:16-19
16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.
19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
KJV

When it says the first day, it does not mean the first daylight, it means the beginning of the first day of THE WEEK being Saturday Eve!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2013, 03:58 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
In 1 Peter 3: 18-20.... Says ...``For Christ also has once suffered for sins , the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God , being put to death in the flesh , but quickened by the Spirit , By which also he went and preached to the spirit in prison , which sometime were disobedient , when once the long suffering of God waited in the days of Noah , while the ark , that is eight souls were saved by water ``............. See Peter says that Jesus went to preach to the spirits in prison which would this hell , that the messiah has come and the disobedient to God were always wrong

Old 11-30-2013, 04:01 PM

33,249 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
Jesus went into hell for 3 days. But it may surprise you when he actually entered hell. It was not after his death. It was the evening that he was betrayed by one of his own people and put in the hands of CARNAL MAN. He had not experienced anything like it up until that time.

He was ROASTED as our Passover Lamb as he was mocked, spat on, flesh torn, forehead pierced, hands and feet pierced, and every imaginable thing that HELLISH BEASTS can do to one another.

The Jews rehearse this every year and they prepare the Lamb on Friday the preparation day and by sundown they are to FEED UPON THE LAMB which is to be eaten FULLING by morning. That is exactly as Jesus who's body we are to feed upon being our meat, our Bread of life, our Passover Lamb fulfilled the Passover feast.
He was not in the tomb for 3 days and 3 nights AFTER HIS DEATH but he entered HELL before.

On the Jewish day begins at EVE or SUNDOWN. So beginning on Wednesday SUNDOWN in the garden of Gethsemane which was actually Thursday Eve 1 then Thursday Day 1, Thursday SUNDOWN was Friday Eve 2 then Friday Day 2 (PREPERATION DAY), Friday SUNDOWN was Saturday Eve 3 then Saturday Day 3. Jesus arose from his tomb at the end of the third DAY which was just before Saturday SUNDOWN being the DAWN OF A NEW DAY BEING THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK SUNDAY EVE and stood in the midst of the disciples.
Mary would have came to the tomb to anoint the body at Friday Sundown which was Saturday Eve but it was the Sabbath and she had to wait till THE END OF THE SABBATH which was Saturday about SUNDOWN which he had already arose. She would not have waited till Sunday morning when the Sabbath had ended just before sundown which would have been another 12 hours later.
Jesus stood in the midst of the disciples on Saturday EVE which is still the 7th day on our calendar until midnight, yet was considered the dawn of A NEW DAY, being the FIRST DAY of the week. So Jesus who is our 7TH DAY REST being the Sabbath arose on THE 7TH DAY NOT THE 8TH.
16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master.
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
18 Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her.
19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
KJV

When it says the first day, it does not mean the first daylight, it means the beginning of the first day of THE WEEK being Saturday Eve!
Actually, Jesus didn't go to 'hell.' When Jesus dismissed His spirit from His body, He went to Paradise as stated in Luke 23:43. Jesus told the criminal who had asked Jesus to remember him when He came in His kingdom that He would be with Him that day in Paradise.
Luke 23:42 And he was saying, ''Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom. 43] And He said to Him, ''Truly I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.''
Note that Jesus did not say, ''Truly I say to you today, you will be with Me in Paradise.'' There is no punctuation in the Greek, and nowhere in any of the other ''Truly I say to you' statements of Jesus is the word 'today' found. Some people claim that Jesus said ''Truly I say to you today'' (and place a comma after that) in order to emphasize what He was saying. But when Jesus wanted to emphasize something, beginning with ''Truly I say to you'' WAS the emphasis. And again, Jesus did not use the word 'today' in any of His ''Truly I say to you'' emphatic statements except for Luke 23:43. Jesus told the criminal that that very day he would be with Him in Paradise.

Before Jesus ascended to the right hand of the Father Paradise was located in one of the compartments of Hades which is where Old Testament saints went when they died. And that is where Jesus spent the three days that His body was in the tomb.

Now Jesus did make a trip to 'Tartarus' where the group of fallen angels who were part of the Genesis 6 affair are even now incarcerated until such time as they are transferred to the lake of fire.
2 Peter 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into Tartarus and committed them to pits of darkness, reserved for judgment;
Now compare 2 Peter 2:4 with 1 Peter 3:18-20.
1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; 19] in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, 20] who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water.
But Jesus went to Tartarus after His resurrection and announced something to the effect that He had been victorious over Satan and that they (the fallen angels) were on the losing side. Of course we can't know exactly what He said, but it would have been along those lines.

Some, however, think that 1 Peter 3:19-20 refers not to the imprisoned spirits in Tartarus who are mentioned in 2 Peter 2:4, but to the spirits of the evil men who rebelled against God during the time when Noah was constructing the ark. But I hold to the first view.

Old 11-30-2013, 04:33 PM

400 posts, read 602,072 times
Quote:

KJV

Is there a literal Hell?
Did Jesus die in Hell? If so, from what?
What does, "It is finished," mean?
Did Jesus die a second death on the cross?
Was Jesus under God's wrath?
Is the Apostle's Creed wrong? "Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell: The third day he rose again from the dead: He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty."

Old 11-30-2013, 04:53 PM

Jesus did not go into heaven until after 40 days after his resurrection. He told the thief on the RIGHT-SIDE of him that TODAY you will be in paradise with me, so he did go to those who where in the BOSOM OF ABRAHAM in the UPPER compartment.
Hell begins on earth just as heaven does as well. The lower parts of the earth means those who are lost who are wicked, imprisoned in their minds to sinful thoughts, sleeping in death without God.
Alive and Dead have two meanings.
Our bodies do see decay but some do remain alive which I believe to be re-carnation for the fact that Jesus said of John to Peter, I did not say that he would not die, I said what if I have him tarry until I come? Which shows that Jesus said it IS possible to keep returning to life.
Even John the Baptist did not realize that he was Elijah who had been TAKEN UP long before John the Baptist. But JESUS said he was Elijah.
Before Jesus paid the sin debt there was no way for the human race to be restored to godliness. Ever hear of LOW CLASS/LOW LIFE or UPPER CLASS/HIGH LIFE? These are statuses in life due to our deeds. The devil too has an UPPER CLASS yet they have made their way by ill gotten gains which will not save their soul So they are really LOW CLASS and while they may have money, they are poor, naked and blind for they do not care for the WISDOM of God to LIVE by.

Poverty, famine, low class is due to POOR standards. When we live lives doing things like Cain, then we get the results that Cain received. He was sent out of the presence of the LORD to be a wanderer in the earth, without God's protection, provision and blessings.

Your heavenly life will come just as soon as you quit allowing your flesh that causes you to sin control you. You must OVERCOME your beastly nature to be led of the Spirit to receive the KEYS(knowledge) to the kingdom of God so that you will be able to enter into your PROMISED LAND.
Luke 17:20-21
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
KJV
Eph 4:8-10
8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.
9(Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?
10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
KJV

The Song of Solomon talks of how his beloved refuses to AWAKE, this speaks to the body of Christ who refuses to stay awake and WATCH. They are those who are sleeping and with the enemy whom the god of this world's system has them asleep so that they will not be ready when The Head comes for his holy body who are filled with the Spirit and ready to be CAUGHT UP. Because those who are still living according to their carnal nature can not inherit the kingdom of God for they did not know the Word at all so they couldn't possible be in his image as one looking face to face in a mirror.

1 Cor 15:50-52
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
KJV
1 Thess 5:2-9
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
KJV

Old 11-30-2013, 05:38 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,406,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In 1 Peter 3: 18-20.... Says ...``For Christ also has once suffered for sins , the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God , being put to death in the flesh , but quickened by the Spirit , By which also he went and preached to the spirit in prison , which sometime were disobedient , when once the long suffering of God waited in the days of Noah , while the ark , that is eight souls were saved by water ``............. See Peter says that Jesus went to preach to the spirits in prison which would this hell , that the messiah has come and the disobedient to God were always wrong
Actually he died, went to the grave, and after 3 dayswas raised a spirit (quickened) and then preached to the spirits in prison.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:46 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,406,841 times
Quote:
Jesus did not go into heaven until after 40 days after his resurrection. He told the thief on the RIGHT-SIDE of him that TODAY you will be in paradise with me, so he did go to those who where in the BOSOM OF ABRAHAM in the UPPER compartment.
Depends on where you put the comma.

A General Rule
Greek grammars are not silent on the subject. In Koine Greek sentences[9] an adverb which further defines a verb takes second position.[10] Thus when an adverb directly follows a verb it generally modifies the verb it follows[11].
If we apply this general rule to the exegesis of Luke 23:43 the adverb SHMERON in second position to the verb LEGW should indicate that the adverb “today” modifies the first part of Jesus’ saying, thus supporting the rendering "truly I tell you today, you will be (Thus a future event promised on that day, but to occur later).

The Empirical Evidence
An examination of all occurrences of the adverb SHMERON in the Greek bible, from the Greek Septuagint up to the Greek New Testament indicates that this general rule does indeed apply to the adverb SHMERON.
A computer aided search of the Greek uncovers some 332 instances of SHMERON found in 314[16] verses. The adverb takes second position to a verb 71 times as found in 67[17] verses.

A Specific Rule

When the Greek adverb SHMERON takes second position to a verb in the same sentence[20] it always further modifies the verb in the first position, without exception, in the corpus of the Greek Septuagint and Greek New Testament.[21]

Old 11-30-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartstarr1960 View Post
Is there a literal Hell?
Did Jesus die in Hell? If so, from what?
What does, "It is finished," mean?
Did Jesus die a second death on the cross?
Was Jesus under God's wrath?
Is the Apostle's Creed wrong? "Suffered under Pontius Pilate; was crucified, dead and buried: He descended into hell: The third day he rose again from the dead: He ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father Almighty."
When one becomes SIN they enter into hell and torment and finally death. We know that he KNEW NO SIN, but WAS MADE SIN to take our place.
2 Cor 5:21-6:1
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
KJV

He went into hell to suffer at the hands of man and arose on the 3rd day from the garden of Gethsemane where he was betray and given over to the hands of man, till the Sabbath Day REST where he arose. He was not in the tomb for 3 days, that is just want man wants to see it say, but it does NOT.
Matt 20:18-19
18 Behold, we go up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man shall be betrayed unto the chief priests and unto the scribes, and they shall condemn him to death,
19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.
KJV
Luke 24:7
7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
KJV
Luke 9:22
22 Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.
KJV

We just believed that it meant AND BE SLAIN AND AFTER 3 DAYS OF BEING IN THE TOMB BE RAISED, but it never says that! It just says HIS DEATH WILL FINISH THE WORK AND THEN HE WILL ARISE and it will have been the 3rd day since HIS HELL BEGAN.

Old 11-30-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

A General Rule
Greek grammars are not silent on the subject. In Koine Greek sentences[9] an adverb which further defines a verb takes second position.[10] Thus when an adverb directly follows a verb it generally modifies the verb it follows[11].
If we apply this general rule to the exegesis of Luke 23:43 the adverb SHMERON in second position to the verb LEGW should indicate that the adverb “today” modifies the first part of Jesus’ saying, thus supporting the rendering "truly I tell you today, you will be (Thus a future event promised on that day, but to occur later).

The Empirical Evidence
An examination of all occurrences of the adverb SHMERON in the Greek bible, from the Greek Septuagint up to the Greek New Testament indicates that this general rule does indeed apply to the adverb SHMERON.
A computer aided search of the Greek uncovers some 332 instances of SHMERON found in 314[16] verses. The adverb takes second position to a verb 71 times as found in 67[17] verses.

A Specific Rule

When the Greek adverb SHMERON takes second position to a verb in the same sentence[20] it always further modifies the verb in the first position, without exception, in the corpus of the Greek Septuagint and Greek New Testament.[21]

No, Jesus is clearly telling the thief on THE RIGHT that TODAY I have come into my kingdom and so you will be with me in paradise. We know that Jesus did not return to literal heaven for 40 days as his resurrection when HE ASCENDED, he was not CAUGHT UP, like his body will be.
He did a finished work on the cross and we are now able to receive the Spirit of God to help us to learn how to do right, not just look upon the law being just a hearer only, but a DOER OF THE WORD to foil the works of the devil that holds man captive to sinful ways and easily TEMPTED.
Luke 23:42-43
42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
KJV

Paradise is any place in the kingdom of heaven rather it is your heaven on earth or literal heaven that will come down to earth after the 1,000 yr Rest.
Luke 23:43
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
KJV
2 Cor 12:2-4
2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven.
3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth
4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.
KJV
Rev 2:7
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
KJV

Once Jesus paid the Ransom, they were no long held by DEATH. Paradise is the upper parts where they rested in PEACE, where the OT saints were kept separate from those that were in the LOWER parts of hell in torment and heat.
I do believe there is a literal heaven and hell, I also know that they do BEGIN on the earth for what ever we loose on earth shall be allowed in our heaven and what ever we bind on earth shall not be allowed in our heaven. Abraham SEEN Jesus' day and awaited it and after Jesus's resurrection, the OT saints CAME OUT of their graves and were given the Spirit, and walked around in the city to fulfill Ez.37 Dry bones

Matt 27:51-53
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
KJV

John 8:56-58
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
KJV

Old 11-30-2013, 06:36 PM

33,249 posts, read 26,463,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

A General Rule

The Empirical Evidence

A Specific Rule

It would be redundant and a clumsy way of speaking to say ''I say to you today.'' Of course He was saying it on the day He was saying it. He wasn't saying it to the criminal yesterday, and He wasn't saying it to him tomorrow, Jesus was saying it to him at the moment He was saying it.

It would also not be in keeping with His customary way of emphasizing a statement. On no other occasion when Jesus made His customary emphatic statement, ''Truly I say to you'', did He include the word 'today.' It is not likely that He would have changed His manner of speaking on this occasion.

The Greek/English Interlinear New Testament, UBS 4th edition, Nestle-Aland 26th edition places the comma after, ''I say to you.'' This Bible translation consists of the Greek New Testament published by the United Bible Societies and the Novum Testamentum Gaece edited by Eberhard and Erwin Nestle, followed by kurt Aland, and represents the best in modern textual scholarship. The group of international scholars who worked on it were all experts in Greek and textual criticism, and worked together to produce a unified edition of the two texts.

People who believe in soul sleep like to put the comma after the word 'today', but the Bible does not teach soul sleep. It teaches and even shows that believers go to heaven when they die. Simply refer to Revelation 6:9-11 and 20:4. These souls are in heaven prior to the resurrection of their bodies.

But before Jesus ascended, all saints went to the Paradise side of Hades/sheol. Now however, Paradise is identified with the third heaven in 2 Corinthians 12:2-4.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity