Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 10:13 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,208,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Feelings come in many forms, they're real, they're important and can protect us... fear, respect, love, uncertainty, ... but the key to feelings is to test them. How many marriages are in the dumper because of feelings? How many Christian's seek what makes them feel good? and not what is good.

First... one should be skeptical about their feelings... then apply them in a perspective state, kinda like trying on shoes ... and with careful application of truth/scripture and seeking counsel, we can reach an objective conclusion.

A man once came to D. L. Moody and said he was worried because he didn’t feel saved. Moody asked, “Was Noah safe in the ark?” “Certainly he was,” the man replied. “Well, what made him safe, his feelings or the ark?” The inquirer got the point.
Yes you guys, I understand the concept of faith over how we feel...I was raised in the Faith message after all...they harp on and on about we are moved by faith and not by sight...

But are you all honestly all trying to tell me you never go off your feelings in your spiritman in situations? That when something seemed "off", it usually was, or conversely, when seeming okay, it was? Of course there are exceptions, but generally, don't we all go off of what seems right on the inside, where the Spirit of God dwells in us as believers? Do we not have the Holy Spirit to lead, guide and direct? Are we saying to ignore the prompting of God's spirit and instead make the Bible an idol that trumps everything else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 10:33 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,294,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post
Yes you guys, I understand the concept of faith over how we feel...I was raised in the Faith message after all...they harp on and on about we are moved by faith and not by sight...

But are you all honestly all trying to tell me you never go off your feelings in your spiritman in situations? That when something seemed "off", it usually was, or conversely, when seeming okay, it was? Of course there are exceptions, but generally, don't we all go off of what seems right on the inside, where the Spirit of God dwells in us as believers? Do we not have the Holy Spirit to lead, guide and direct? Are we saying to ignore the prompting of God's spirit and instead make the Bible an idol that trumps everything else?
Hello, Jeff!! How are you??

I definitely have had situations when I have to lean on what I feel in my spirit and I do feel it's at times the Holy Spirit leading me. But at the same time, I think the danger of leaning on "feelings" can be deceptive and dangerous. How I personally balance this is that I don't let my feelings rule if something is clearly prohibited in scripture. (Such as communicating with the dead) I think as Christians we all experience much spiritual discernment about situations etc. but again, we have to balance this against the Word.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:57 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,208,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Hello, Jeff!! How are you??

I definitely have had situations when I have to lean on what I feel in my spirit and I do feel it's at times the Holy Spirit leading me. But at the same time, I think the danger of leaning on "feelings" can be deceptive and dangerous. How I personally balance this is that I don't let my feelings rule if something is clearly prohibited in scripture. (Such as communicating with the dead) I think as Christians we all experience much spiritual discernment about situations etc. but again, we have to balance this against the Word.
kaykay! I miss you and our sparring! LOL

You know what? As usual you are pretty sage and I guess you would be right!

Old 07-18-2014, 02:51 PM

4 posts, read 2,478 times
As for Lisa Williams or any other medium, I would just once like to have the chance to sit down in front of one and the second they start with the 20 questions, say: "You're the medium here, not me. If you can truly talk to the dead, then you should already know. No questions needed. So, go ahead. Tell me everything. In fact, go ahead and tell me my life story. I'll wait."

Then sit back and watch 'em squirm. It'd be great.

Suffice to say, it's all a bunch of hooey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity