Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 07:45 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,081,281 times

Advertisements

Easiest way to deal with all of this would be: Read the bible. Listen to what Jesus said. He doesn't talk about Catholics, or Protestants, or Baptists, Hindu, Reincarnation, etc. etc. etc.- organized religion is a truly confusing thing, and can cause so much dissension, taking peoples' eyes off of the Truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 08:41 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,370,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mostie View Post
Easiest way to deal with all of this would be: Read the bible. Listen to what Jesus said. He doesn't talk about Catholics, or Protestants, or Baptists, Hindu, Reincarnation, etc. etc. etc.- organized religion is a truly confusing thing, and can cause so much dissension, taking peoples' eyes off of the Truth.
The bible is not perfect either and has beeb written by men with their own agendas. However, simply read the message of Jesus and exclude everything else. That will work quite nicely.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:32 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,551,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
The bible is not perfect either and has beeb written by men with their own agendas. However, simply read the message of Jesus and exclude everything else. That will work quite nicely.
Well the gospels written by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John were written by men with agendas----TO TELL ABOUT JESUS' RESURRECTION AND THE TRUTH ABOUT THE SAVOIR OF ALL MANKIND.

Old 12-23-2013, 05:16 AM

668 posts, read 692,063 times
The Catholic's view on salvation if of no consequence. They are not involved in the process at all.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:11 AM

889 posts, read 827,366 times
<p>&lt;p&gt;
Quote:
Originally Posted by FundamentalBibleBeliever View Post
The Catholic's view on salvation if of no consequence. They are not involved in the process at all. &lt;img title="OK" class="inlineimg" alt="" src="images/smilies/oglvvd.gif" border="0" smilieid="180"&gt;
Matthew16:13-19 says otherwise. Is the Bible the pillar and bulwark of the truth?</p>

Old 12-23-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
The Catholic's view on salvation if of no consequence. They are not involved in the process at all.
Ignorance is bliss:

Please read the catechism. Your minister is feeding you lies.

From the catechism (see bold):

Quote:
"Outside the Church there is no salvation"

846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:

Old 12-23-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Ignorance is bliss:

Please read the catechism. Your minister is feeding you lies.

From the catechism (see bold):
Of course a group that want's you to believe they are the way of salvation is going to write that they are part of the process. Just because you write it about yourself does not make it true. Scripture does not say that your group is needed to achieve salvation that is in Christ Jesus alone. Sorry.

Old 12-23-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Of course a group that want's you to believe they are the way of salvation is going to write that they are part of the process. Just because you write it about yourself does not make it true. Scripture does not say that your group is needed to achieve salvation that is in Christ Jesus alone. Sorry.
Did you bother to read the quote from the catechism?

I will post it again:

[quote]"Outside the Church there is no salvation"

846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:

Did you read the bold part?

They say salvation comes from Christ. They are not saying anything else.

They also say that you as a non-catholic are also saved. This is quite different than the teaching you get from your minister. Ministers love to spread misinformation.

Old 12-23-2013, 10:10 AM

[quote=Julian658;32720040]Did you bother to read the quote from the catechism?

I will post it again:

Quote:
"Outside the Church there is no salvation"

Did you read the bold part?

They say salvation comes from Christ. They are not saying anything else.

They also say that you as a non-catholic are also saved. This is quite different than the teaching you get from your minister. Ministers love to spread misinformation.
All I said was that the Catholic's have no part in my salvation. I don't need to read what they write to know that. What's your point?

My minister has always taught me that salvation comes from Christ. We have always held that non-Catholics are saved or could be saved I should say. We even believe a Catholic can be saved.

Please explain this "lie" you claim my minister is teaching me?

Old 12-23-2013, 01:03 PM

[quote=FundamentalBibleBeliever;32721000]
Quote:
Did you bother to read the quote from the catechism?

I will post it again:

All I said was that the Catholic's have no part in my salvation. I don't need to read what they write to know that. What's your point?

My minister has always taught me that salvation comes from Christ. We have always held that non-Catholics are saved or could be saved I should say. We even believe a Catholic can be saved.

Please explain this "lie" you claim my minister is teaching me?

Within the context of Christianity:

Many believe that the Catholic church tells people that only Catholics are saved. And that is not true.

Likewise, I have also heard Protestants say that Catholics are not saved and that is not true either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity