Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 09:36 AM

10,060 posts, read 12,822,405 times

Advertisements

For decades, Jack Chick has published comic-style pamphlets propagating conspiracies about the Catholic Church. The man is such a recluse - a sign of mental instability, IMHO - that some people didn't believe he existed.

Jack T. Chick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 09:59 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,941,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
For decades, Jack Chick has published comic-style pamphlets propagating conspiracies about the Catholic Church. The man is such a recluse - a sign of mental instability, IMHO - that some people didn't believe he existed.

Jack T. Chick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You don't know Jack! ---the "real" Chick, that is.

You don't know Jack... Chick (in The Craptacular Web at TRHOnline.com)

Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 PM

5,537 posts, read 7,119,296 times
Chick's stories are an embarrassment to our entire planet, if not the solar system.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:40 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,653,446 times
I don't have a problem with the theology behind the Chick Tracts. This one does a very thorough job showing why Roman Catholicism is not Christianity the way the Bible lays it out. If it differs from the scriptural definition of Christianity, it's not true Christianity. How could it be?

Old 10-15-2012, 10:08 PM

488 posts, read 555,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
I don't have a problem with the theology behind the Chick Tracts. This one does a very thorough job showing why Roman Catholicism is not Christianity the way the Bible lays it out. If it differs from the scriptural definition of Christianity, it's not true Christianity. How could it be?
It does a very thorough job of making a lot of claims with absolutely no evidence, and spouting some outright bullcrap.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill80 View Post
It does a very thorough job of making a lot of claims with absolutely no evidence, and spouting some outright bullcrap.
Couldn't the same be claimed about your statement? It's just your opinion, with no evidence and outright bullcrap. Where's your evidence that Jack Chick's theology is not biblical? Where does it differ from the scriptures? Jack Chick has actually laid out his case right in the tract, with scriptural references and biblical examples to back up his theology. He tells how the Catholics believe or behave on an issue and shows in the scripture how it doesn't line up. That's the evidence to back his claims. Thus, it's not bullcrap, but documented evidence.

Your turn to provide more than just a rude comment without evidence.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:00 AM

The one childhood Sunday School (smart) life lesson I somehow managed to take home was that hatred is intrinsically wrong, yet every aggressive Christian religious campaign drips with it.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 AM

22,930 posts, read 28,302,797 times
Chick Tracts are hilariously awesome. I find it a little sad that Jack seems to actually believe the nonsense he publishes. But the content itself couldn't be funnier if it tried.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:13 AM

"...exactly what you'd expect to get if you blended Stan Lee and Fred Phelps."

Old 10-16-2012, 10:35 AM

Well, the Bible did say people will hate and revile the truth. It's true in this thread.

How are the Chick tracts hateful or untrue?

Catholicism calls itself "Christianity" but goes against the Bible's teachings on it. And, since the Bible is the authority and the rule book for what's Christian and what's not, how is it the Bible's fault? Catholicism made up their own doctrines and rituals and call it Christianity. Catholicism is at fault, not Christianity or the Bible.

What if I showed up at your house every night, ate dinner at your table, put my photos in your scrapbook, called your father "dad," and told the world I was a part of your family while doing everything your family doesn't believe in. By everyone's reasoning here, I would have every right to BE a member of YOUR family and YOU would be the hateful ones people should be mocking and ridiculing for your hate and intolerance of me.

See how that works? It's the same with Christianity. The Bible is the authority over what Christianity is and isn't. Not any man or organization. If you're a Christian, you're living according to God's Word, in obedience, not making up your own doctrines and rituals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity