Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 10:43 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,349,068 times

Advertisements

Chick-fil-A is the "canary in the coal mine."

First homo-loving antichrists attack Chick-fil-A...
next it will be Bible-believing churches that still
preach homosexuality is a sin. Next, it will be
individual Christians.

Antichrists will have to ban the Bible too, because
it mandates the death penalty for homosexuals
[Leviticus 20:13.]

In the Old Testament, God allowed Babylon and Edom
to destroy Jerusalem and the temple because Israel
sinned and allowed sodomites in the temple.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:10 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
the institutional churches have already been silences by way of 501c. The institution has no say in spiritual matters anymore.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:10 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Am I the only person who never even HEARD of this "Chick-Fil-A" joint before this controversy arose?

Anyway. It's a private business. They can say whatever they want. I wouldn't support their business because I disagree with the people who run it and think they are not very nice, but freedom of speech is a given. There's no law that says a business owner has to be a kind person, as long as you aren't breaking the law.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:18 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
there are many other chicken sanwiches a person can buy. You are not forced to eat there. The political corectness is out of control

Old 07-26-2012, 11:20 AM

994 posts, read 1,592,561 times
Chick Fil A is a bad place anyways. It's not chicken, you know.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Am I the only person who never even HEARD of this "Chick-Fil-A" joint before this controversy arose?

Depends upon your location.

Chick-fil-A has been in the Dallas areas for many years.

It is one of the very few fast-food places I frequent.

Chick-fil-A makes good products. I like their chicken sandwiches, chicken and biscuit for breakfast,
waffle fries and homemade lemonade.

btw... they are closed on Sunday.

Old 07-26-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireandice1000 View Post

Chick Fil A is a bad place anyways. It's not chicken, you know.

Not true.

Their chicken sandwiches are made with the chicken breast.

It is not 'pressed and formed' chicken pieces; it is the real thing.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:15 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post
Depends upon your location.

Chick-fil-A has been in the Dallas areas for many years.

It is one of the very few fast-food places I frequent.

Chick-fil-A makes good products. I like their chicken sandwiches, chicken and biscuit for breakfast,
waffle fries and homemade lemonade.

btw... they are closed on Sunday.
Yes, I read that they are closed on Sunday. I used to live in a predominantly Jewish town, and a lot of the stores were closed on Saturday. And that town is in a county where most types of stores cannot be open on Sunday (known as "blue laws"). If they want to be closed on Sunday, that's the choice of the business.

Anyway. I looked up Chick-fil-A to see if they were in NJ, and not only are they in NJ, there's one in the mall ten minutes from where I live. I'm not much of a shopper and have never been to the food court there, so that's probably why I've never heard of it.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

Yes, I read that they are closed on Sunday. I used to live in a predominantly Jewish town, and a lot of the stores were closed on Saturday. And that town is in a county where most types of stores cannot be open on Sunday (known as "blue laws"). If they want to be closed on Sunday, that's the choice of the business.

Anyway. I looked up Chick-fil-A to see if they were in NJ, and not only are they in NJ, there's one in the mall ten minutes from where I live. I'm not much of a shopper and have never been to the food court there, so that's probably why I've never heard of it.

No blue laws here anymore. Chick-fil-A chooses to be closed on Sunday... and their business thrives
[which is probably one of the reasons why antichrists have a vendetta against them.]

About 25 years ago, Chick-fil-A was in a local mall. That was my first contact with them. Every time
we went to the mall, we'd eat at Chick-fil-A. That mall has since been torn down. Now there are many
stand-alone Chick-fil-A's in the area... and all of them stay busy.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:08 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Ain't America wonderful..
We have the right/freedom to speak our minds..
But how amazing that some people still don't know that

I could care less what the owners believe or say about gay marriage, religion or politics. It is their opinion and last I checked we are all entitled to an opinion or two.

As long as they abide by the laws of the land and keep on making good chicken sandwiches, and don't hand me a religious tract with my receipt, I have no reason to boycott or in any other way trash their business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity