Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 12:43 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As you wish . . . but I think having to relive and experience everything you "dished out" (either knowingly or unknowingly) to everyone you hurt in life might be a VERY tedious "regret" class. As you become enlightened and truly feel the righteousness and power of pure agape love .. . and then contrast it with your life and attitudes while learning what it feels like to be on the receiving end . . . you might not be so dismissive of it as a consequence (weeping and gnashing of teeth).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
People are already living with it, so what you are talking about sounds like an ordinary day.
But they are not living with it while in their human mind . . . not knowing and completely understanding through the eyes of God and pure agape love. Of course, while still in the corrupt state of mind they have no basis of comparison and are oblivious. There will be no such obliviousness after death and no human excuses and rationalizations to rely on. Shame will be absolute.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
OSAS from ET is a license to sin,but of cause those that do, were never saved in the first place.
I am sorry the earlier explanation escaped you.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:57 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Everyone sins after enlightenment, so option #3 would exclude the faithful. Or perhaps you are not talking about slips, but the return to a lifestyle which is willfully & habitually sinful with no repentance.
Correct, the voluntary return to a sinful lifestyle and no repentance.

Old 04-29-2014, 12:59 PM

Quote:
No, I got it the first time. Of course it is a license to sin, because you can choose to go through your life sinning, and hating god, and after death you take the "regret" class, and be good to go.
Hey sounds like fun. Think of all thee things you could do and then............ when standing before God, say I was wrong. Great teaching, isn't it.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
He created all things good
Yes, and even Hell/Sheol which is just the grave and ... not hot.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
As you wish . . . but I think having to relive and experience everything you "dished out" (either knowingly or unknowingly) to everyone you hurt in life might be a VERY tedious "regret" class. As you become enlightened and truly feel the righteousness and power of pure agape love .. . and then contrast it with your life and attitudes while learning what it feels like to be on the receiving end . . . you might not be so dismissive of it as a consequence (weeping and gnashing of teeth).
No need to relive it, I feel it now and have changed. Sop no need for a special future where we feel it again. God gave us the ability to feel it now and ... repent.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:02 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Quote:
People are already living with it, so what you are talking about sounds like an ordinary day.
Quote:
But they are not living with it while in their human mind . . . not knowing and completely understanding through the eyes of God and pure agape love. Of course, while still in the corrupt state of mind they have no basis of comparison and are oblivious. There will be no such obliviousness after death and no human excuses and rationalizations to rely on. Shame will be absolute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Hey sounds like fun. Think of all thee things you could do and then............ when standing before God, say I was wrong. Great teaching, isn't it.
Your idea of fun and mine are vastly different . . . or you have not been following my discourse with Finn.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:06 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
Mystic, I don't think people truly understand the ramifications of reaping what you sow. Thus it is brushed off as some sort of "regret class".

In many minds the only punishment that would do is eternal burning, because that is fair.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yes, and even Hell/Sheol which is just the grave and ... not hot.
Do you have a scripture that God created the grave.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:09 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
I understand what you are trying to say, but I do not agree. This must be one of those things the spirit has told you, but is not recorded in the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity