Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 11:48 PM

97 posts, read 55,662 times

Advertisements

Actually how would you read Isa 41:10b then? That is speaking of Gods right hand?
Deut 18:10 God commands There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or daughter pass through the fire anyone who employs divination anyone practising magic anyone who looks for omens a sorcerer anyone binding others with a spell anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune teller or anyone who inquires of the dead.
Gal 5:20 Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealously, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, envy, drunkenness, wild parties and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will NOT INHERIT Gods Kingdom.
Horoscope Controversy An article that appeared in L Osservatore Romano sparked a religious controversy when it criticized Catholics who consult horoscopes "Like astrology, palm reading, card reading and other things of this.sort" said the author theologian Gino Concetti "horoscopes are against the religious principles of the Bible."
Rev 13:16 It puts under compulsion all people the small and tge great the rich and the poor the free and the slaves thst these should be marked on their right hand or on their forehead.
Psalm 73:23 But now I am continually with you You have taken hold of my right hand
Eccl 10:2 KJV A wise mans heart is in his right hand but a fools heart is in his left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 10:19 AM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrin57 View Post
Actually how would you read Isa 41:10b then? That is speaking of Gods right hand?
Deut 18:10 God commands There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or daughter pass through the fire anyone who employs divination anyone practising magic anyone who looks for omens a sorcerer anyone binding others with a spell anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune teller or anyone who inquires of the dead.
Gal 5:20 Now the works of the flesh are plainly seen and they are sexual immorality, uncleanness, brazen conduct, idolatry, spiritism, hostility, strife, jealously, fits of anger, dissensions, divisions, sects, envy, drunkenness, wild parties and things like these. I am forewarning you about these things the same way I already warned you, that those who practice such things will NOT INHERIT Gods Kingdom.
Horoscope Controversy An article that appeared in L Osservatore Romano sparked a religious controversy when it criticized Catholics who consult horoscopes "Like astrology, palm reading, card reading and other things of this.sort" said the author theologian Gino Concetti "horoscopes are against the religious principles of the Bible."
Rev 13:16 It puts under compulsion all people the small and tge great the rich and the poor the free and the slaves thst these should be marked on their right hand or on their forehead.
Psalm 73:23 But now I am continually with you You have taken hold of my right hand
Eccl 10:2 KJV A wise mans heart is in his right hand but a fools heart is in his left.

We are all born as the son of the left hand and the great crossing over is through the body into becoming the son of the right hand and this is why there has to be a rebirth, to be born again. The son of the left hand is going to die every time, and that's why we see the thief on the left dying, because he represents flesh.

The spirit of Adam is in your left eye and he is to guide the whole body but his spirit is fallen. You stand in the middle and you have to decide. Your right eye will see what it wants and say,'' Let's do this thing.'' Your left eye is supposed to be a guiding spirit that says no, and demands that we not do a thing but this is a fallen spirit. There you are in the middle of the two and you are the one who stands in the breach between good and evil. If your right eye is bad, then rip it from your head because your desires will overcome you and your whole being will be lost because you give into the desires of your right eye and your left eye is not strong enough to withstand that desire, and so Jesus came to be a new Adam, a new spirit that would give you strength to deny your desires.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:33 PM

950 posts, read 691,654 times
I was wondering how my recent hand-surgery affects the lines in my palm. The diagnosis was a so-called Trigger finger in which a finger could not bend. It's where one of the tendons inside your palm gets inflamed, so it results in severe stiffening, rigidity of one or more fingers. So the orthopedic surgery would correct the tendon.

Although I was put under anesthesia, the surgery is not too complicated as it involved a hand instead of a vital organ. So the stitches were removed in little more than a week. And to my relief, now my finger can bend normally.

How it relates to Palmistry is because I've heard that such things as Scars can affect the reading. The healing is alright but the result is the particular area that has an upraisedportion. So I was wondering if anybody else has a Scar or disfigurement that affected their Palm-reading.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:52 PM

You are supposed to see a mountain with two peaks where one of these peaks is Adam and represents the spirit, the other peak is called,'' Eve,'' and represents your flesh, your life.

From the two of these peaks being one mountain, you spiritual life is going to be born under the mountain and press it's way upwards until the mountain is cut in half. Your two hands mirror each other and so if it is your right hand, it means a change in your physical life, and if it be in the left hand, it means a change in your spiritual life, and if it is the left hand and the child of the two peaks has been altered, well.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:13 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,925 times
and like an unruly child they thrash about, desperately seeking instruction in correction.
no, they refuse to listen.

Old 10-15-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Actually,the Bible approves of divination. A good example of Christian divination is the Urim and Thummin as seen in Exodus 28:30 and Numbers 27:21. They were gemstones kept in Aaron's armor. From those gems, the way their lights would sparkle would divinate the message.
you shall place the Urim and the Tummim into the choshen of judgment so that they will be over Aaron's heart when he comes before the Lord, and Aaron will carry the judgment of the children of Israel over his heart before the Lord at all times.

So the Lord said to Moses,
“Take Joshua son of Nun, a man in whom is the spirit of leadership,[a] and lay your hand on him. 19 Have him stand before Eleazar the priest and the entire assembly and commission him in their presence. 20 Give him some of your authority so the whole Israelite community will obey him. 21 He is to stand before Eleazar the priest, who will obtain decisions for him by inquiring of the Urim before the Lord. At his command he and the entire community of the Israelites will go out, and at his command they will come in.”

Old 10-15-2018, 05:46 PM

But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

The Lord of the Lights
Every good act of giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father who made the heavenly lights; with him there is neither variation nor darkness caused by turning. 18 Having made his decision, he gave birth to us through a Word that can be relied upon, in order that we should be a kind of firstfruits of all that he created. 19 Therefore, my dear brothers, let every person be quick to listen but slow to speak, slow to get angry; 20 for a person’s anger does not accomplish God’s righteousness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOIybPGuZGY

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topi...s-about-light/

Old 10-16-2018, 05:37 PM

950 posts, read 691,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

The Lord of the Lights
Every good act of giving and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father who made the heavenly lights; with him there is neither variation nor darkness caused by turning. 18 Having made his decision, he gave birth to us through a Word that can be relied upon, in order that we should be a kind of firstfruits of all that he created. 19 Therefore, my dear brothers, let every person be quick to listen but slow to speak, slow to get angry; 20 for a person’s anger does not accomplish God’s righteousness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOIybPGuZGY

https://www.biblestudytools.com/topi...s-about-light/
Thank you for those links. I had already seen an article on that Oracle of Stones but this is the first time I've seen a Video-- in this case, a video of a highly-respected, reputable priest explaining their use. The reason I had brought up the Urim and Thummin in the first place was because some detractors had condemned divination when in actuality the scriptural passages show the Urim and Thummin as an authoritative divination tool.
Again, thank you for those links.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Thank you for those links. I had already seen an article on that Oracle of Stones but this is the first time I've seen a Video-- in this case, a video of a highly-respected, reputable priest explaining their use. The reason I had brought up the Urim and Thummin in the first place was because some detractors had condemned divination when in actuality the scriptural passages show the Urim and Thummin as an authoritative divination tool.
Ask somebody what the urim and thummin looked like and how they were used, I would sure like to know, all I have is speculation. I also speculate how the soul of Samuel was brought forth, and that is pretty interesting because if you want to speak to a spirit, it is done through smoke.

Old 10-16-2018, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Triple 5,
The Truth is that there is no divination ever taught to Aaron.
The link I provided of a prominent person reveals that the rumor is untrue.
If you continue on such an endeavour there will be absolutely No room for discussion.

Perhaps the religion and spirituality forum would better suit the topic. This is not the place to do so.
Neither would the judaism forum be.
It is entirely inappropriate to Lie in order to pursue an agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity