Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2016, 04:26 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
True: we can stay in the Sodom/flesh and the Gomorrah/carnal mind, but trees/wood/boat that don't put forth fruit when the Master calls, still get cast into the fire to try their works. But those that heed the call, find themselves immediately ON THE OTHER SIDE.

And of course, there's always that nagging wind (Satan is nothing but a big bag of wind) trying to keep the fear of death on you (man is bondage to the fear of death/dying to self all of his days, thank G-d we can trade our days for His DAY) and take your eyes off the Spirit, to consider. Peace
In truth, I have no fear of dying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 04:43 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post

Neither do I now, but for sure the Word didn't lie when it said all men are in the bondage to the fear of death (dying to self) all the days of their lives. Peace

Old 04-03-2016, 06:55 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Neither do I now, but for sure the Word didn't lie when it said all men are in the bondage to the fear of death (dying to self) all the days of their lives. Peace
The comfort that our last enemy ' death ' will be brought to nothing - 1st Cor. 15:26; Isaiah 25:8 - alleviates the fear of dying.

Also, knowing the Scriptures such as Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13 Job 14:13-15; Ecclesiastes 9:5 ,
and what Jesus taught at John 11:11-14 that the dead are in a sleep-like state. No pain in death. No post-mortem penalty.
Even the word cemetery means: sleeping place ( R.I.P.)

Since we can't resurrect oneself or another, thankfully Jesus can and will resurrect us - Revelation 1:18

Old 04-04-2016, 01:12 PM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Me neither, I think I actually have a longing for it, and if it were possible, I would never get out of bed, I would continue sleeping forever.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Me neither, I think I actually have a longing for it, and if it were possible, I would never get out of bed, I would continue sleeping forever.

Been there, done that. Pain makes it seem like a pleasant alternative, but it's just not His perfect will for us. Peace

Old 04-04-2016, 02:47 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,378,624 times
I don't think there sufficient evidence in scripture to say God is ok with Palm Reading...but it is very 'handy'! (rimshot) Thankyou! Thankyou! I'll be here all week! ;p

Old 04-04-2016, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
I don't think there sufficient evidence in scripture to say God is ok with Palm Reading...but it is very 'handy'! (rimshot) Thankyou! Thankyou! I'll be here all week! ;p
Good one....

Old 04-04-2016, 06:28 PM

950 posts, read 691,279 times
Quote:
Do you look hand-some?

Old 04-05-2016, 09:41 AM

23,126 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:

Me neither, but it's not just palm reading. The last 100 years has born all sorts of magicians in Christianity. They sure like to read the tea leaves, and people will try and make you believe they have consulted with the spirits and the spirits say,''____________.''

One day I had made my mind up that everything was fake, and I began following signs. I was praying telling God, give me signs. I noticed livelystone thought his computer had a spirit or this sight. I use to think along the same lines, I would be writing something and my computer would freeze and I took it as a sign not to say what I would have said, stuff like that, and that is reading the tea leaves also.

I was always questioning God rolling the dice.

But the hands do have signs in them, and they are symbolic as your whole body is, it's just not used for telling the future.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:48 PM

950 posts, read 691,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Me neither, but it's not just palm reading. The last 100 years has born all sorts of magicians in Christianity. They sure like to read the tea leaves, and people will try and make you believe they have consulted with the spirits and the spirits say,''____________.''

One day I had made my mind up that everything was fake, and I began following signs. I was praying telling God, give me signs. I noticed livelystone thought his computer had a spirit or this sight. I use to think along the same lines, I would be writing something and my computer would freeze and I took it as a sign not to say what I would have said, stuff like that, and that is reading the tea leaves also.

I was always questioning God rolling the dice.

But the hands do have signs in them, and they are symbolic as your whole body is, it's just not used for telling the future.
How is it that you scoff at tealeaf-reading yet you accept and embrace Palmistry signs? Although I agree with you about the Palmistry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity