Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 07:37 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,584,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Palmistry (Palm-reading) as taught by the Bible. It can be seen in Proverbs 3:16, which reads "Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor." That agrees with the basic principle of Palmistry that both hands have to be looked at. (Proverbs 3:16)
Long life is in her hand, means what she DOES with her hand, i.e. work.

It is not palmistry because that is condemned in the Bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 08:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Long life is in her hand, means what she DOES with her hand, i.e. work.

It is not palmistry because that is condemned in the Bible.
Interpretations are interesting.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:20 PM

950 posts, read 691,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Yes,multiple interpretations. That's why Christianity is split into so many denominations.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:46 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,221,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
It is not good exegesis to pull one sentence out context of a 'book,' and then out of the context of the entire Scriptures, to prove a point. .
Well, unless you're talking about homosexuality

I find it so amusing that people claim they take the Bible literally, yet coveniently twist things around to suit their own personal agendas. And when literal interpretation doesn't suit their needs, then suddenly context and original translation comes into play.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:23 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,584,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

well, you dont justify something that God has condemned. so try to find out what it means rather than picking and choosing sometihng to fit your personal theology which might be anti-Godly.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
See the right hand represents the heart hand knowing God will bring long life, as believers are called to pray for all their days which represent salvation. were the left hand represents here is the grace being received which is the riches and honor of God ............One example of the right hand is the heart hand is the evil of the right hand mark of the beast , which represents the deeds of evil people which devalue people for the idols of money , But still there is a heart hand which has a good heart by Proverbs 3:16
Actually we agree, because you admitted that the right hand and the left hand each have different meanings. That is the reference to Palmistry.

Old 06-28-2014, 04:34 PM

Analysis of the palm has become scientifically accepted as the diagnostic tool known as Dermatoglyphics:
(excerpt from dermatoglyphics.org) (How it can determine genetic anomalies as well as mental-emotional traits)
Western scientists believe that dermatoglyphics is the DNA genes in the human body that is reflected in appearance. Although everyone has different prints, but certain patterns can be found in our prints. Skin begins to develop in the embryo in the 13th week, and it is formed in the 19th week. It is closely related to the infant’s brain development. The distribution of prints is considered to represent brain cells’ proportion and distribution in each of the brain lobes.
In the nineteenth century, British eugenicist Galton (Sir Francis Galton), had collected many human fingerprints and identify various lines of statistical frequency. He was the first person who proposed that there is a connection between human prints and genetics. In the 1930s, U.S. scholars began to use prints to identify whether a newborn has down syndrome and other potential mental illnesses. Until now, foreign scholars claim that they understand enough of human prints to judge the potential of human brain.
Currently, human prints can be categorized as one of the three main types (whorls-shaped, arch-shaped, and loop-shaped). It is subdivided into eleven basic types, from which many types of analysis have been derived, some focus on the analysis of left brain and right brain, some believe that the print on each finger reflects different abilities. (Thumb ︰ action and execution; index ︰ logic and creativity; middle finger: limb motor ability and art appreciation; ring ︰ power of voice recognition; little finger ︰ text image discerning ) As for the foot pattern, it can determine whether one has congenital diseases. It is as equally important as fingerprints.

fingerprint arch pattern fingerprint loop pattern fingerprint whorl pattern

Uses of Dermatoglyphics
Dermotoglyphics is like a map that leads one to understand his own potential and talents. Everyone inherits innate intelligence from their parents. And everybody genetic parents, and have the innate intelligence from their parents. If one’s intelligence gets no opportunity to be inspired and further developed, there is no way for one to develop a full range of intelligence of memory, understanding, reasoning, analysis, integration, and application. By analyzing dermatoglyphy, we can accurately understand the distribution and amount of cells in the left and right brain of the cell, and predict where the potential lies. Although everyone is bored with strengths and weaknesses; if they are identified early, we may further develop the strengths and improve our weakness, so that the left and right brain may grow in a more balanced and blend way. Demotoglyphics analysis may help:

1. In terms of personal growth:
  • Strengthen interpersonal communication and interaction skills
  • Know how to appreciate people
  • Improve relations between the sexes
  • Enhance EQ and AQ
  • Discover one’s unique gift(s)
  • Improve career
  • Enhance the sense of the value of life and happiness

2. In terms of education:
  • Multiple intelligence assessment for children
  • Parent-child communication and education
  • Target at talents
  • Personalized education
  • Identified one’s gifted area(s)
  • Select a major that best fit one’s desired career path
  • Define the most appropriate way of teaching and learning
3. For enterprises:
  • Recruitment
  • Assessment of job competency and execution style
  • Plan education and training
  • Explore the potential of employee
  • Leadership
  • Interpersonal communication and interaction
  • Consolidation of human resources
dermatoglyphics Analysis

Dermatoglyphics Analysis
Dermatoglyphics Analysis is an integration of brain science, medicine, genetics, psychology and behavioral science. Through nearly five centuries of observation and study of genetic medicine, amount and distribution of neurons is reflected in a regular patterns on our fingerprints. According to European and American experts, they found that fingerprints show different kinds of characteristics, even with monozygotic (identical) twins, their fingerprints are different. At the same time, the same fingerprints will appear again after healing of wound, as long as the injury has not affect the cells. Medical experts, with observation, recording, comparison, induction and other methods, and clinical experiences, confirmed that fingerprints provide accurate analysis of a person’s multiple intelligences and potential. Experts who study dermatoglyphics believe that fingerprints (dermatoglyphy) were marks of embryonic nerves, which may reflect one’s genetic potential. If we understand our own qualities and nurture according, it will tremendously help in terms of career development, managing emotions, increase concentration, and improve interpersonal skills .

Old 06-28-2014, 05:34 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,387,904 times
Interesting and informative, Monastic. This kind of stuff fascinates me. Thanks for posting.

Is this something you're trained in? Because if you are, I do have a question: The ring finger on my left hand flows in the opposite direction of all my other fingers. Is that normal?

I'd love to read more. Any other site suggestions, or books that you'd recommend?

Last edited by Pleroo; 06-28-2014 at 05:45 PM..

Old 06-30-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Interesting and informative, Monastic. This kind of stuff fascinates me. Thanks for posting.

Is this something you're trained in? Because if you are, I do have a question: The ring finger on my left hand flows in the opposite direction of all my other fingers. Is that normal?

I'd love to read more. Any other site suggestions, or books that you'd recommend?
You're certainly welcome, Pleroo. And thanks for the supportive comments. As far as recommendations that you requested, I don't have any for websites at the moment. But regarding books, I plan to do reviews. So stay tuned. Your question about your handprint is ambiguous. In other words-- are you referring to a bent in your finger or do you mean the fingerprint shape at its tip?

Old 06-30-2014, 04:00 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,387,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
You're certainly welcome, Pleroo. And thanks for the supportive comments. As far as recommendations that you requested, I don't have any for websites at the moment. But regarding books, I plan to do reviews. So stay tuned. Your question about your handprint is ambiguous. In other words-- are you referring to a bent in your finger or do you mean the fingerprint shape at its tip?
The pad of the finger. The loop pattern flows in the same direction on all of my finger pads, except the left ring finger, which flows in the exact opposite direction. Since then, I looked at my daughter's hands, and all of her fingers have the same type of print, except her 2 pointer fingers which are the same as each other. So, I'm guessing it's not unusual to have different print patterns on different fingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity