Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 04:43 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,389,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Well, unless you're talking about homosexuality

I find it so amusing that people claim they take the Bible literally, yet coveniently twist things around to suit their own personal agendas. And when literal interpretation doesn't suit their needs, then suddenly context and original translation comes into play.
Almost right.

Context and original meaning come first.

Kinda like reading a letter where a young lady in the 1800's said she had a "gay" party.

Can't understand that in today's world unless you check the meaning of "gay" in the 1800's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 03:10 PM

950 posts, read 691,654 times
Instead of the pad, I would be more concerned about your daughter's nails. How old is she? If she's just a toddler, then folded nails indicate mental disability. In the worst case scenario, it indicates Down's Syndrome. But if her nails are normal, then you don't have to worry.

As far as the similarity between your prints and your daughter's, you might have already answered your own question. Is your daughter an adopted daughter or a biological one? That would make a big difference in the prints. And how about your Spouse? What kind of prints does he have? You don't have to answer that one if you don't want to. But I just wanted to do a statistical breakdown which is often done when looking at a family as a whole.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:30 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monastic555 View Post
Instead of the pad, I would be more concerned about your daughter's nails. How old is she? If she's just a toddler, then folded nails indicate mental disability. In the worst case scenario, it indicates Down's Syndrome. But if her nails are normal, then you don't have to worry.
I wasn't concerned. Just curious.

Quote:
As far as the similarity between your prints and your daughter's, you might have already answered your own question. Is your daughter an adopted daughter or a biological one? That would make a big difference in the prints. And how about your Spouse? What kind of prints does he have? You don't have to answer that one if you don't want to. But I just wanted to do a statistical breakdown which is often done when looking at a family as a whole.
I didn't mean that her prints were the same as mine. I meant that her prints on her various fingers are all the same, except for the 2 on her pointer fingers which are identical to each other. And, the same thing with my prints. Every finger has the same print, besides the one on my left ring finger. I was just curious if there was significance to there being different prints on different fingers on the same person. Again, just curious.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I wasn't concerned. Just curious.

I didn't mean that her prints were the same as mine. I meant that her prints on her various fingers are all the same, except for the 2 on her pointer fingers which are identical to each other. And, the same thing with my prints. Every finger has the same print, besides the one on my left ring finger. I was just curious if there was significance to there being different prints on different fingers on the same person. Again, just curious.
In all my experiences,I have not encountered the print-situation you describe. At first, I thought that you referred to the shape or length of the ring-finger. The length is very important too, when compared with the length of the index-finger.

Let me relate the situation of my own ring-finger. If the ring-finger is considerably longer than the index-finger, then it indicates Creativity and artistic ability. That certainly applies to me due to my ring-finger's length. In my case, my creativity is not being a painter or sculptor but instead the ability at inventing creative solutions to my everyday survival, thinking outside of the box, even to the point of bizarreness. In other words, I would be seen as an Eccentric.

That goes along with my Sun-sign, that is, the mount located right below my ring-finger. The vertical line in my Sun-mount is prominent, very pronounced, meaning luck or success with money. As a result, I've never had any struggles with money. No, not a millionaire but always ample money for shelter, food, and health care.

On the other hand, I've had terrible problems with "partners" since creative people usually have that weakness. Let's face it, everybody has both strengths and weaknesses. But my blessings have been my ring-finger and sun-mount, for which I feel very thankful.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Interesting and informative, Monastic. This kind of stuff fascinates me. Thanks for posting.

Is this something you're trained in? Because if you are, I do have a question: The ring finger on my left hand flows in the opposite direction of all my other fingers. Is that normal?

I'd love to read more. Any other site suggestions, or books that you'd recommend?
Since you mentioned the ring-finger, it shows that even the Wedding ceremony has its origins in Palmistry. Admittedly, there are multiple origins for the designation of the ring-finger, but Palmistry is one of them.

Old 09-14-2014, 03:37 PM

The very first time that I encountered palmistry was in the early 1970s when, much to my surprise, I ran across a television show devoted to it. To me, very surprising to have a TV show for it, and on a weekly basis at that!! The palm-reader was from India, a Dahdi Balsara. A half-hour series.

Hanging on the wall was a big diagram showing the palm print for that week. What's interesting was his point made about the differences between Western palmistry and Eastern palmistry, which I'll touch on in a subsequent post.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:02 PM

Let me clarify about the palm's travel-line. The travel-line won't show up if the person is, for example, a taxi cab driver. In other words, if he does that as a routine. Instead, the travel-line would appear for something Unexpected.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:38 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Deuteronomy 18 vs 10-12

There should Not be found in you anyone who makes his son or daughter pass through the fire [ Jeremiah 32 v 35 ], anyone who employs divination, anyone practicing magic, anyone who looks for omens, a sorcerer, anyone binding others with a spell, anyone who consults a spirit medium or a fortune-teller, or anyone who inquires of the dead.......

So palm reading is Not taught as acceptable in the Holy Bible.

Since at Proverbs 3 v 13 is addressing the quality of ' wisdom' , then in connection to ' wisdom ' [ see verses 13 to 18 ] it is ' wisdom ' that brings satisfaction or happiness, Not palmistry.
So, how do you explain the two stones?...And the fact that the Disciples drew lots to choose Matthias?...

Old 01-24-2015, 05:14 AM

1,013 posts, read 909,882 times
A few things about palmistry and the bible.

I would say this.

in the proverbs in the bible it says to NOT ABUSE divination.
as divination is NOT FORBIDDEN for everyone like the pope/priest
it is FORBIDDEN FOR THE MASSES

Especially since most of the masses are corrupt and stupid trying to avoid god's lessons to them and in the end harming others along the way.

Priests are on the other hand suppose to be righteous so can handle good or bad news and accept the divination, as they are suppose to be devoid of all emotion to it so they WILL NOT burn their daughters at the stake or kill others to avoid their own danger.

there in lays the problem

powerful rich people/those that would be in power
that ask for divination cause harm to the world instead if they knew their fate. because sure as hell if they were going to go down they would take everyone with them eg 2008 financial crisis as you can see rich people would take the whole world down if it means them losing that is one example of how corrupt they are and what god has warned against.

Palmistry and divination is neither good nor evil it is what you do with it. Bible does not forbid palmistry but abuse of divination in general from the population.

reading ones own character to find the right path may be permitted.
using divination to get rich/abuse of others is not.

People of faith really need to read between the lines and actually understand what the intentions of god/the bible truly wants imo

IF God was good then he would let good people in regardless of if they believe in him or not.
because that is just what a good god does.
and if a believer commits evil acts then a good God would throw him into the depths of hell regardless of if he believes in Jesus or God.

Why would God be an idiot to let evil into his kingdom after all?
He is not stupid is he?

now on to the technicalities:

Palmistry 2D:4D ratio is proven

Finger prints are used to identify a person by the law.

length of index finger vs ring finger is a large indicator of how much testosterone your body was exposed to in your mother's womb or growing up/finger development.

Your hand may also have markers of lots of lines which indicate lots of stress/thoughts
in a way an extension of your nervous system is appearing in your palm.

how your palm looks, feels, hand texture, how long the fingers are, each phalanges has indicators
of what you did with your hands so it would indicate at least your personality traits.

the non-dominant hand is said to be the past
the dominant hand is to indicate the present self.
the future? it can always change as lines on the hands DO CHANGE ever so slightly.
there are actual reasons for that you know

common sense reasons:
dominant hand you use the most so what you do is indicated on it.
non dominant hand means you use it less and thus it changes less often.
therefore reading the hands are reading what the person has DONE TO IT up to now.
reading what the cells are likely doing INSIDE your body basically.

in a way having an X-ray is LIKE reading your palm to predict diseases that MAY or may not be there.
reading indicators off a photo of your bone structure.
it is just that now palmistry of the bones in one self is much more advanced.

you can even read your brain to tell the character of a person and they do actually.

see: Einstein's brain as they dissected him.
Scientists would call that research but it is the same as palmistry really.
they are examining his brain to indicate his reasons for success and failure
same as palmistry or his IQ basically.

Why was his IQ so high?
well because he had more folds in his brain.
doesn't that sound like PALMISTRY?

ahem....UMM yeah?
x-rays scans then reading them is also a form of palmistry except you can validate them fairly easily or quickly to see if you are correct.
that's all it is

How I would argue with a religious person:
I will say it again and again the truth of science/the truth of religion if you want to be closer to god - is to question and experiment and keep an open mind.
not to close your brain to even palmistry and for those that want to understand god you have to understand how his world works and stand with him.

He does not need a bunch of know nothings as slaves, for me I would want someone on par with me intellectually to talk to instead.
God may be lonely after all and he wants us to talk to him maybe that's why he wants us to pray to him everyday. SO UNDERSTAND him and yourself FIRST and not just follow what he says but observe him and his intentions first. Popes are the only ones permitted to understand god so he is permitted to divine? Horse****. We can try to understand as well. We do not need a pope telling others what to do and what his intentions are. Notice so many Priest scandals in recent years.

That's the reason dumb religious people that follow religion blindly.

GOD wants you to question your faith and then believe him once you find the truth as you are that much more firm in your belief if you swing that way.

Back to palmistry.
What do you make of a rough hand vs a soft hand?
Yes that's right one worked a lot more with their hands vs a person whom never really worked with their hands.
Do longer fingers make a better or worse sports player?

Palmistry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

look at this for indicators of type of hand emotions
Find your elemental hand shape: Earth, Fire, Air, Water & 5 mixed proportional hand shapes!

notes:
fire hands: short fingers + thinner square/rectangle palms = lots of lines
= thinks with emotion
"Fire hand" would exhibit high energy, creativity, short temper, ambition, etc. - all qualities believed to be related to the Classical element of Fire"
so these are usually the brave warriors you want to lead or innovate
could also be scientists for new breakthroughs as they will more likely venture to unknown territory to find the truth.

notes: einstein had a fire hand
Albert Einstein, Physicist, Father of Modern Physics
look at his palms as you can see and he was a innovator in his field while rejecting social norms.

air hands : long fingers + long palm = also lots of lines
= thinkers, analysts
these are the thinkers of society
should be best at academics and sciences/writing/professor

water hand: long fingers and short palm = elegant hands and usually soft
= less lines also found mostly on women
= sentimental, emotional, sensitive
perhaps finding them on teachers/nurses type/daycare

earth palm: short fingers + square palm about equal to the fingers
= less lines
usually rough hand: hard workers, practical, works with their hands, labors, eg construction workers/farmers/gardening/etc

those are general characteristics and generally you can use common sense to see already why that is true.
well go and take a look and see if it is true.

but yes palmistry has largely been abused by the modern era palmists saying they can tell the future

SORRY they cannot nothing is set in stone.
What one can say they can do maybe to READ a person's CHARACTER which may change with time depending on what they do.

this is the problem with religion and diviners.
both want un-doubtful belief in them without question.

IMO using palmistry to find ones own true character is not such a bad thing.
telling the future using religion OR palmistry though is stupid

You might be able to tell a person's LIKELY future based on their personality though but it is not absolute

as you cannot predict the future until it actually happens which may take a long long time. therefore it is deemed unscientific.

We did not prove the 2d:4d ratio until now after all.
but we just proved one part of palmistry to be correct.
not everything though including how many wives/relationships or how long you will live.

life line does not predict death BUT it does predict how much energy you have supposidly

Last edited by gen811; 01-24-2015 at 06:01 AM..

Old 01-25-2015, 08:46 AM

299 posts, read 263,639 times
Divination in all forms is forbidden in the Bible.
Oi! How people try to twist God's words around to make it say what they want...even if it is just to mock. May God have mercy on those who do, that they would see their error and repent!

2 Kings 17:17 - "And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger."
Micah 5:12-13 "And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no [more] soothsayers:
Thy graven images also will I cut off, and thy standing images out of the midst of thee; and thou shalt no more worship the work of thine hands."
Deuteronomy 18:10-13 " There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee. Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God."
Acts 10:8-12 "But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith. Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him, And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord? And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee, and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some to lead him by the hand. Then the deputy, when he saw what was done, believed, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord."
Acts 19:18-20 " And many that believed came, and confessed, and shewed their deeds. Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver. So mightily grew the word of God and prevailed."
Revelation 21:8 "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity