Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2014, 07:18 AM

172 posts, read 274,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Hello CDJudge,
I would rather consider it a simplistic way to view the salvific effects which come out of Christ's obedience to the cross.

I believe God gives us YEARS and YEARS to prove mankind won't accept Him unless He chooses them to be believing that which Christ has already done for them. Their belief does not make what Christ did to be so. It is so. We just believe it is so.

You mean God doesn't save the evil, rotten, hateful and scornful people? Did He wait for you to be perfect before He gave you faith?
Are you for real?? Do you really think people like this (you?) should enter Heaven? I don't think so and that is their (your) choosing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 07:23 AM

172 posts, read 274,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
Read the thread...
I don't want to read the entire thread. It's the same ol din from atheists. So, I chose to reply to the original post. Don't like it? Too bad.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:40 AM

8,183 posts, read 6,952,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The software will be updated in due time.

Old 06-12-2014, 08:53 AM

17,966 posts, read 16,001,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJudge View Post
Are you for real?? Do you really think people like this (you?) should enter Heaven? I don't think so and that is their (your) choosing.
The only reason anyone will be saved is due to what Christ accomplished in His death, burial and resurrection for all mankind. It is not based on what we do or do not do.

Will you be the same sinful person you are now when you are resurrected?

Old 06-12-2014, 09:31 AM

995 posts, read 958,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I just thought of something. - the title of this - Love is incompatible with eternal torture. I think about God, who sent his Son Jesus - so perfect, sinless, totally pure, and became a man, and then doing no wrong, he chooses the torture of the cross and all that to pay for our sins. THAT is totally incompatible with a pure holy God.

If God the Father did not spare his son, for our sins, which is TOTALLY incompatible with His nature and who he is, then that means something very important.

If the OP's title is true, then God made a way so that we would not have to endure eternal torture of hell. We have a chance now to be saved while alive. Why not take that chance now?

since sin is totally incompatible with God, then God sent a way for us to be saved so that we dont have to endure the torture. Jesus did though. in our place. hell must be an awful place so that God did all that to save us from it.

Jesus did not suffer for anyone's sin. He suffered because he was a victim of his religion of terror. Jesus would have been a savior if he threw Moses and his false God into the lake of fire. Instead, Jesus performed all his miracles on their behalf, condemning mankind.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:36 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,384,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJudge View Post
I don't want to read the entire thread. It's the same ol din from atheists. So, I chose to reply to the original post. Don't like it? Too bad.
Ok, lets try this again.. "It's the same ol din from atheists."? This shows why you should read this thread or at least a part of it.

Oh very well. Nevermind that your caricature and simplification of this debate is logically and morally very flawed and your objections have already been responded to over and over over the course of this thread. You've obviously already made up your mind about what you think, so its your loss. I was just trying to help! I'm sure we'll end up explaining everything again anyways..That's the way these thread go.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
Jesus did not suffer for anyone's sin. He suffered because he was a victim of his religion of terror. Jesus would have been a savior if he threw Moses and his false God into the lake of fire. Instead, Jesus performed all his miracles on their behalf, condemning mankind.
Let's all pray for Rider's Pantheon. Pray that God saves him and brings him into a realization of the truth.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:22 PM

45,716 posts, read 27,332,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Let's all pray for Rider's Pantheon. Pray that God saves him and brings him into a realization of the truth.
Saves him from what?

Old 06-12-2014, 02:22 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,362,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Saves him from what?
Himself.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Saves him from what?
Pray that God saves him for God and for Christ and for eonian life. And that God saves him from being blind to the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity