Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 02:23 PM

309 posts, read 262,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Somewhat unsettling.

Strikes me as more symbolic of idolatry and the worship of the "Eye of Horus"
No resemblance! What is unsettling though is that Islam believes that this is the Holy Spirit:

Even more unsettling is that there is no grace through Christ in Islam.

Last edited by lowlyservant; 06-29-2014 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 02:45 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,129,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlyservant View Post
No resemblance. What is unsettling though is that Islam believes that this is the Holy Spirit:

Even more unsettling is that there is no grace through Christ in Islam.

We believe the Angel Gabrial is the Holy Spirit.

True we do not believe Jesus(as) died nor do we believe he can forgive sins. Only God(swt) can forgive sins.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
We believe the Angel Gabrial is the Holy Spirit.

True we do not believe Jesus(as) died nor do we believe he can forgive sins. Only God(swt) can forgive sins.
The truth is not in Islam...Gabriel is not the Holy Spirit. And there is no grace in Islam either.

John !4:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me".

We should not take chances with our immortal souls. If we are wrong, we lose everything - life with God and our beloved families as well. We will be in ruins for all of eternity.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:21 AM

2 Corinthians 4:18 while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Last edited by lowlyservant; 08-23-2014 at 07:52 AM..

Old 08-23-2014, 07:14 PM

I have more scripture to share. Please forgive me for using the same photographs.

Please notice how these supernatural orbs resemble an eyeball. These are the eyes of the Spirit of truth who bears witness:

Proverbs 14:23 The eyes of the LORD are in every place, Keeping watch on the evil and the good.

The Spirit of truth bears witness to the good and evil of all mankind.

Jesus said of the Spirit of truth -

John 16:8-11 and when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteous, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

It is righteous to believe in Christ. This is the will of the Father.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:08 AM

9,915 posts, read 9,625,076 times
lowlyservant, so after all this time, and after all the above responses, do you still believe what you wrote about in your opening paragrah?

Old 08-24-2014, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
lowlyservant, so after all this time, and after all the above responses, do you still believe what you wrote about in your opening paragrah?
Yes, the Holy Spirit is highly misunderstood in the world today. Lies are being spread about the Holy Spirit in the world today and the way we Christians battle the lies in this world is with the truth.

John 14:17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with and will be in you.

NKJV Scholastic Commentary: Neither sees Him nor knows Him does not mean merely that the world is not able to visually identify the Holy Spirit because He is spirit. Something more is meant: The Spirit of God is active in the world, but His acts go unnoticed by the world (see 1 Cor.2:14).

Not only is the world unable to visually identify the Holy Spirit, His acts go unnoticed as well.

We Christians who are not of this world (believing the lies of this world) can not only visually identify the Holy Spirit today, but can notice His acts within this world as well.

Old 08-24-2014, 05:15 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,822,474 times
Quote:
Too many assumptions there. The Photographs do show spots on the pictures, but do not explain what caused them. All reasonable explanations need to be looked at.

There have been several explanations given as to what could have caused them. there has been no proof given as to their origin.

Being a non-Christian I do not see Christian Scripture as being proof of anything.

While you seem to be a nice person and I am certain sincere in your beliefs, your testimony is not proof of anything. It is basically your interpretations of what you have experienced. But, of no value as proof.

Proof comes When two Bear witness to One Truth of evidence. I personally Did not grow up in the church. And minimal media contact to the information. But I began to feel a tug. And saw actions of people around
me turn really wicked to the point I thought I was hallucinating. But the pull was toward numbers and understanding them. Now after having the holy spirit The order of what I was taught Lines up to great deal of Scripture. And the strangest thing all those people acting wicked around me turned into sweethearts.
If you want details.
refer to revelations

Old 08-25-2014, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Proof comes When two Bear witness to One Truth of evidence.
Here is a link from Hub Pages to another person bearing witness that the orb is the Holy Spirit -

Bright Orb of the Holy Spirit captured in photos

The truth about the Holy Spirit in Christian Scripture speaks for itself as well.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:32 AM

There is love in Christ

God in His immense love for mankind created humans to be with Him as part of a most loving heavenly family with the angels. There is nothing more beautiful for mankind than this. To go against this is to go against all we were created for. It is the human and angelic condition that we are evil and wicked without God in the afterlife. One suffers spiritual death, is in ruins and of no value or worth. Man is better off had he not been born. Hence, the value of salvation is greater than the sum of our lives. God is a righteous God and must punish sin. Evil would burn in the hearts of man otherwise. Do to man's iniquities, man was unable to be with God and was to be punished. God in His great plans and love for mankind sent His only begotten Son as Christ, the Redeemer, so that our souls can be salvaged and that we may not suffer the human condition of being without Him.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

God has proven His love for us through His Son Jesus Christ. Amen.

Last edited by lowlyservant; 08-26-2014 at 06:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity