Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 11:10 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times

Advertisements

God does seem at times to have His priorities mixed up. Here He is supposed to be healing Christians so that they can go out and give powerful testimony and witness to the saving power of Jesus...

Instead God invests a truly miraculous healing in a Hindu woman who was admitted to a Hong Kong hospital hours from death, riddled with cancerous tumors caused by Stage 4 Hodgkin's lymphoma. She had a NDE and upon returning to her body was miraculously cured of the lymphoma. The physicals in attendance are baffled and have chosen not to comment on how all this could happen. A Dr. Peter Ko, however, who independently researched the medical records concludes that the lymphoma was real, a fatal type and was cured without any logical medical explanation other than a miracle.

Anita Moorjani

Does God have His priorities screwed up? Why is He curing unsaved Hindus when there are plenty of saved Christians dying every day who would love to have this miracle happen to them so they can go on to testify on the mercy and goodness of God and how He saves His own?

Anita has never given credit to God for what God has done for her, indeed her testimony after being cured is to live for herself and enjoy every second of this life and not worry about the next--a total contradiction to all that the Bible teaches a person on how to live.

How can God's actions be justified, let alone explained?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 11:13 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
All our days are numbered. Her time was not up yet.

Old 06-05-2014, 11:14 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Neither pagans nor Christians own healers they show up all over the place but they are real just as are the hustlers that cash in on them

Old 06-05-2014, 11:44 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,685,319 times
Because god is a mythological entity that doesn't exist. He was created by man because he didn't understand how things worked, were created, etc.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:02 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Because god is a mythological entity that doesn't exist. He was created by man because he didn't understand how things worked, were created, etc.
Actually it is just the opposite.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:19 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
God does seem at times to have His priorities mixed up. Here He is supposed to be healing Christians so that they can go out and give powerful testimony and witness to the saving power of Jesus...

Instead God invests a truly miraculous healing in a Hindu woman who was admitted to a Hong Kong hospital hours from death, riddled with cancerous tumors caused by Stage 4 Hodgkin's lymphoma. She had a NDE and upon returning to her body was miraculously cured of the lymphoma. The physicals in attendance are baffled and have chosen not to comment on how all this could happen. A Dr. Peter Ko, however, who independently researched the medical records concludes that the lymphoma was real, a fatal type and was cured without any logical medical explanation other than a miracle.

Anita Moorjani

Does God have His priorities screwed up? Why is He curing unsaved Hindus when there are plenty of saved Christians dying every day who would love to have this miracle happen to them so they can go on to testify on the mercy and goodness of God and how He saves His own?

Anita has never given credit to God for what God has done for her, indeed her testimony after being cured is to live for herself and enjoy every second of this life and not worry about the next--a total contradiction to all that the Bible teaches a person on how to live.

Because God is not a respecter of persons. Her testimony is marvelous, some of her beliefs i am not sure about, but much of what she believes i do too. I would highly recommend her book "dying to be me", a great read for anyone whose loved ones have passed away and you just cannot shake the belief of that powerful stronghold of the despicable doctrine of eternal hell/torment,torture and punishment, this will do it for you.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:27 PM

3,859 posts, read 3,045,540 times
Everybody dies at some point.

I thought that this forum was for Christians. I am surprised to see that atheists are allowed to post on this forum.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:09 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post

I thought that this forum was for Christians. I am surprised to see that atheists are allowed to post on this forum.
Christians post in the Atheist forum.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:15 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post

As I understand it, the subject matter is about Christianity and I thank God that many other perceptions of Christianity are presented. It's a dull person who does not sharpen his perceptions by contact with others.

Old 06-05-2014, 02:17 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

Anita Moorjani

Well obviously because God is Hindu. Why is that so confusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity