Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 10:20 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josaleah View Post
But what if God reveals what His purpose for election is in His Word? Would it then be for us not to know? Why he chooses some and not others is not the question.
Some of us are being called and chosen to be members of the reign of Christ in the next age (shorlty to come) and judge and purge what shall become the Children of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2014, 10:41 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Some of us are being called and chosen to be members of the reign of Christ in the next age (shorlty to come) and judge and purge what shall become the Children of God.
Those of you who are universalists, in your understanding, what are the identifying attributes of someone who is one of "the elect"?

Old 06-25-2014, 10:43 AM

30 posts, read 21,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Would you say that election, in a nutshell, is being blessed for the purpose of being a blessing?

Old 06-25-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Those of you who are universalists, in your understanding, what are the identifying attributes of someone who is one of "the elect"?
I know I am not listing identifying attributes, but this verse came to my mind: Romans 8:14
For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:05 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,576 times
Quote:
Those who know Jesus and He knows them, i.e. the relationship or intimacy of the 5 wise virgins who had oil is in operation.

I have to admit the whole concept of the elect tends to fit a futurist perspective than a preterist view. I'd be interested to hear the preterist view of the 'future sounding' scriptures people have given.

Old 06-25-2014, 12:22 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
I know I am not listing identifying attributes, but this verse came to my mind: Romans 8:14
For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Those who know Jesus and He knows them, i.e. the relationship or intimacy of the 5 wise virgins who had oil is in operation.
What do the bolded phrases mean to you, practically speaking, Josaleah and Age, respectively?

Old 06-25-2014, 03:37 PM

Quote:
What do the bolded phrases mean to you, practically speaking, Josaleah and Age, respectively?
As His child His Spirit lives within me and leads me. This is not a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear but a spirit of adoption as a son. This spirit within me causes me to cry out, "Abba Father". I am being led by my Father not a slave master. He bears witness with my spirit that I am His child. As He is my Father, I can trust Him to lead me in the killing of sin in my life or putting to death the deeds of the body. He is working in me to free me from the power of sin, so that I may live in obedience to Him. Being led by the Spirit means I see sin for what it is and desire righteousness as I see and trust in the surerior worth of my Father to any and every vain thing this life affords. Being led by the Spirit means I live in freedom and joy and love and communion with my Father so that my life shines His light in the darkness. I want to be led by the Spirit in such a way that others will take notice and ask for me to give the reason for the hope that is within me. Hallelujah! What a Savior!!!

Old 06-25-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Someone who where the love of the many (ALL) has not run cold. One who loves their enemies, who blesses them that curses them, one that does good to those that persecute them.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Would you say that election, in a nutshell, is being blessed for the purpose of being a blessing?
Most definately.

Old 06-25-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
As His child His Spirit lives within me and leads me. This is not a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear but a spirit of adoption as a son. This spirit within me causes me to cry out, "Abba Father". I am being led by my Father not a slave master. He bears witness with my spirit that I am His child. As He is my Father, I can trust Him to lead me in the killing of sin in my life or putting to death the deeds of the body. He is working in me to free me from the power of sin, so that I may live in obedience to Him. Being led by the Spirit means I see sin for what it is and desire righteousness as I see and trust in the surerior worth of my Father to any and every vain thing this life affords. Being led by the Spirit means I live in freedom and joy and love and communion with my Father so that my life shines His light in the darkness. I want to be led by the Spirit in such a way that others will take notice and ask for me to give the reason for the hope that is within me. Hallelujah! What a Savior!!!
Wonderful! Ditto!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity