Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:37 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,279,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
OK, cg81, I just realized that I completely hi-jacked your thread and made it all about me. I'll break my off-topic posts out into a new thread.

I'm so sorry.
No, please don't! This thread is for discussing things like that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 01:38 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,902,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
No, please don't! This thread is for discussing things like that!
LOL, you responded as I deleted. I went back in to get the posts that weren't applicable to the OP and realized it was the whole thread and not just me.

LOL

If you're cool with it, I am too!

Old 12-18-2007, 01:46 PM

3,086 posts, read 6,279,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
LOL, you responded as I deleted. I went back in to get the posts that weren't applicable to the OP and realized it was the whole thread and not just me.

LOL

If you're cool with it, I am too!
Lol! Yeah, I didn't really have a set topic in mind. Really it's the OP that's off topic!

Old 12-18-2007, 01:49 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,902,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg81 View Post
Lol! Yeah, I didn't really have a set topic in mind. Really it's the OP that's off topic!
hehehe. That's gotta be some kind of first there for CD.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:11 PM

1,439 posts, read 3,888,719 times
Little Thirsty will say whole heartedly that Big T is awesome at thoughtful gift giving. Digital Photo frame is awesome. Give her a trip to the WOmen of Faith Conference and she can stay at the Thirsties
And Alpha, if you picked out the same coat she picked for herself, then you know your wife VERY well! Give yourself some credit

Old 12-18-2007, 06:23 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,710,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
I googled "monk bobble head" and came up with the NBC Universal Store. I didn't do any other searching, but that is where I got mine. I can't wait 'til he opens it. I can't even imagine where I'm going to have it displayed. He once bought me a Wonderwoman Bank. He was really insulted when I wasn't sure who he got it for. I made the mistake of telling him that a doctor once told me that I looked like the astress who plays Wonderwoman and he always loved Wonderwoman.

Good luck on your search...
Thanks, I'll check that out... sounds like my dh and I. Last year he got me a candle holder that was a bug. A wired shaped one that you put outside about a foot tall. I'm always buying things for our patio. Well I just kind of looked at him and said, thanks trying to figure out what he was thinking when he bought it. I do spent a lot of time outside during spring and summer. Well as I looked at it little closer later as I was cleaning up, under its wings and tucked all through it was hundred dollar bills. I thought that was pretty clever!! But there for a while I was getting a little worried.....lol He is always doing that to me....but I always manage to stay about 2% ahead of him. Well at least I like to think I do ! This year I really got him and can't wait.....

Old 12-18-2007, 06:39 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,793,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Well as I looked at it little closer later as I was cleaning up, under its wings and tucked all through it was hundred dollar bills. I thought that was pretty clever!! .

Hmmm...I am sure that my WonderWoman bank was completely lacking in money....

Old 12-18-2007, 06:52 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,543,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_thirsty View Post
Little Thirsty will say whole heartedly that Big T is awesome at thoughtful gift giving. Digital Photo frame is awesome. Give her a trip to the WOmen of Faith Conference and she can stay at the Thirsties
And Alpha, if you picked out the same coat she picked for herself, then you know your wife VERY well! Give yourself some credit
Little T..What did Big T get you..I usually open whatever my h gets me as soon as he steps outside for awhile I am soooo good at unwrapping things and getting them back exactly like they were and in the exact position they were sitting under the tree

Old 12-18-2007, 06:55 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,710,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Little T..What did Big T get you..I usually open whatever my h gets me as soon as he steps outside for awhile I am soooo good at unwrapping things and getting them back exactly like they were and in the exact position they were sitting under the tree
That is way to cute....lol,lol,lol
I'll have to try that one...

Old 12-18-2007, 08:38 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,017,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
BLUE! You wouldn't so something like that...WOULD YOU?

Around here, we usually try to get everyone something (halfway ) practical that can be used all year that we wouldn't have necessarily went out and bought otherwise. lol

Got hubby a DVD recorder, got a Indianapolis Colts bedroom set for my 12 year old Colts fan, a great music phone for my 16 year old (he very much deserves it! He's very responsible, good grades etc...just our way of acknowledging him in that sense ) and so on.

As for me, I would so much rather my hubby just gives me money to spend on everyone else so I can see their smiles...that means more to me than anything anyone can give me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity