Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:38 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,502,019 times

Advertisements

Is Jesus God? Now before you post here, please be aware that others may not have the same opinion as you. Let`s not get our feathers all ruffled if that is the case. Let`s present our belief with love and understanding and try to learn from each other without condeming someone to hell. Having said that,the previous warning doesn`t apply to me....just kidding..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 06:50 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,794,128 times
John 1:1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ... John 1:14 - The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:58 - "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Based on the above verses and various others it is my faith and belief that Jesus is God made flesh. He is not just 'full of God' or 'a god' or a creation of God, he IS God incarnate. Jesus is fully human and fully God. This is my belief.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:57 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,502,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
John 1:1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ... John 1:14 - The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:58 - "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Based on the above verses and various others it is my faith and belief that Jesus is God made flesh. He is not just 'full of God' or 'a god' or a creation of God, he IS God incarnate. Jesus is fully human and fully God. This is my belief.
Thanks for posting mams

Old 12-17-2007, 07:19 PM

23,020 posts, read 34,397,699 times
John 10:30 "The Father and I are one".
Isaiah 9:6 " For a child is born to us, a son is given to us, and the government will rest upon His shoulders. These will be His royal titles: Wonder Counselor, MIGHTY GOD, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace".
Isaiah 7:14 "All right then, the Lord Himself choose the sign. Look, the virgin will conceive a child, she will give birth to a son and will call Him Immanuel-God is with us".
John 14:9 " Jesus replied Philip don't you even yet know who I am, even after all the time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father, so why are you asking to see Him?"

Based on these verses plus the ones Mams mentioned, I am in complete agreement with him that Jesus IS God, fully human yet fully God, when Mary kissed her baby, she was kissing God.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:24 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,886 times
"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." (1 Timothy 3:16)

Without question 100% God 100% man. Blessed be His name!

Old 12-17-2007, 08:40 PM

128 posts, read 409,141 times
Ahh, the good old trinity thread. Bound to reach 20 pages long.

Just some simple questions.

[SIZE=5][SIZE=3]IF JESUS WAS GOD...
WHY DID HE CALL GOD, ‘HIS GOD & FATHER?’-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]JOHN 20:17
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•WHY DID HE SAY, "THE FATHER IS GREATER THAN I AM?"-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]JOHN 14:28
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•WHY DID HE SAY HE DIDN’T KNOW THE ‘DAY OR THE HOUR’ OF THE END, ONLY GOD DID?
-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]MARK 13:32
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•WHY DID HE COME, NOT OF HIS OWN WILL, BUT GODS?-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]JOHN 8:42; 13:16, 21; 17:13
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•WHY DID HE TEACH, NOT HIS OWN THINGS, BUT GODS?-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]JOHN 14:10, REV.1:1
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•WHY DID JESUS SAY THAT WHO GETS WHAT IN HEAVEN, IS NOT HIS TO DECIDE, BUT GODS?-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]MATT. 20:23
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•WHY IS HE REPEATEDLY CALLED THE "SON OF GOD," BUT NOWHERE ‘GOD THE SON?"-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]MATT. 16:13-16
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•WHY DID PEOPLE NOT DIE WHEN THEY SAY JESUS?-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]EX. 33:20
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•WHY DOES THE BIBLE SAY THAT "NO MAN HAS EVER SEEN GOD AT ANY TIME?"-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]JOHN 1:18
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•WHY DID HE SAY THAT [/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
ONLY[SIZE=5][SIZE=3] GOD IS GOOD?-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]MARK 10:17, 18
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•WHY DID JESUS SAY
THAT ONLY GOD DRAWS PEOPLE TO HIMSELF?-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]JOHN 6:44
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•WHY DO ALL ACKNOWLEDGE THAT JESUS IS LORD, TO THE GLORY OF "GOD THE FATHER," AND NOT TO JESUS HIMSELF?-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]PHIL. 2:12
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•HOW COULD GOD RAISE JESUS TO A HIGHER POSITION, IF JESUS WAS ALREADY GOD?-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]PHIL. 2:9
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•HOW COULD HE "HAND OVER" THE KINGDOM TO GOD, IF JESUS WAS GOD?-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]1 COR. 15:24
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•HOW COULD HE SUBJECT HIMSELF TO GOD, IF HE WAS GOD?-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]1 COR. 15:28
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•HOW IS JESUS A MEDIATOR, BETWEEN GOD AND MAN, IF HE IS GOD?-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]1 TIM. 2:5, 6-COMPARE JOHN 14:6
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•WHO DID JESUS PRAY TO, HIMSELF?-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]MARK 15:34; 22:41, 42, MATT. 26:39; JOHN 11:41, 42
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•WHOSE VOICE WAS HEARD FROM HEAVEN, IF JESUS WAS GOD AND ON THE EARTH?-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]JOHN 12:28, MATT. 3:17; 17:5
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•ONLY GOD HAD NO BEGINNING, HE ALWAYS WAS-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]REV. 1:8; PS. 90:2B
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•JESUS WAS CREATED BY GOD, HE HAD A BEGINNING-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]COL. 1:15; JOHN 1:18; REV. 3:14; PROV. 8:22
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]•JESUS STILL BENEATH GOD WHEN RESURRECTED TO HEAVEN-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]1 COR. 11:3; PHIL. 2:5, 6; ACTS 7:55, 56; REV. 3:12[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]ok, i dont know what is up with this freaky html
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Old 12-17-2007, 08:44 PM

128 posts, read 409,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post

Other Bible Translations of John 1:1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

The original ancient manuscripts, "In a beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and a god was the word." (Emphatic Diaglott, 1942)

Biased translation in Empgatic Digalott, "In the beginning was the Logos, and the Logos was with God, and the Logos was God."

The original ancient manuscripts never listed Jesus as being God. That biased tranlsation has been kept there by supporters of the Trinity.

Last edited by Hoosier; 12-18-2007 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: removed red color--difficult to read for other posters

Old 12-17-2007, 09:08 PM

61 posts, read 156,758 times
Philippians 2:5-11

5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Let me heartily agree with John the apostle, "Amen, Come, Lord Jesus."

Old 12-17-2007, 09:23 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,891,928 times
YEs, Jesus is God. Jesus is not a god....well...unless you believe in multiple gods....but since this is in the Christianity forum, I guess you're looking for Christian responses.

As such, Christians don't believe in multiple gods, just one God. Some folks do, apparently, believe Jesus was a god(one of several), I believe He is God.

An excerpt on John 1:1

Quote:
John 1:1 in a literal translation reads thus: "In beginning was the word, and the word was with the God, and God was the word." Notice that it says "God was the word." This is the actual word for word translation.
taken from here http://www.carm.org/jw/john1_1.htm

Also see http://www.christiananswers.net/q-acb/acb-r001.html or http://www.comereason.org/cmp_rlgn/cmp025.asp

Old 12-17-2007, 09:24 PM

23,020 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Philippians 2:6 "Though He was God, He did not demand and cling to His rights as God".
Colossians 1:15 "Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before God made anything at all and is supreme over all creation".

The verse in Philippians is a strong statement that to me proves Jesus is God.

Who was Jesus praying to? God the Father, that's who
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity