Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 06:20 AM

5,595 posts, read 15,395,389 times

Advertisements

Who is Jesus? Please watch or listen and be blessed. You may wish to skip the lengthy opening in order to find the start of the message, since the entire video is so long. Enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 11:29 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,308,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Is Jesus God? Now before you post here, please be aware that others may not have the same opinion as you. Let`s not get our feathers all ruffled if that is the case. Let`s present our belief with love and understanding and try to learn from each other without condeming someone to hell. Having said that,the previous warning doesn`t apply to me....just kidding..
Yes, Jesus is God.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:29 PM

5 posts, read 6,238 times
God : Father, son , spirit
Water: Liquid, Solid, Gas three different forms same essence
automatically God Must have a spirit in order to love and have a personality ..i believe that the only reason that Jesus did not know when the world will end is because God was Man (Jesus) and he felt like man and he couldn't lie so he basically needed to be limited and being god he knew he was gonna have to be limited in a sinful, predestined, free willed world or else there wouldnt be as much mystery or options that is needed to fufill the criteria of a predestinated, freewilled world..so he didnt make an agreement with himself to not know when the world will end he made a desision for his own phisical form ..and as far as why did he pray to himself prayer leads to hope and you need hope as a man in a land of evil...plus people fell at Jesus`s feet and praised him if he wasnt god then y dosent he tell them dont worship me worship my father ..another thing to point out is that u cant be with god unless u go through jesus, if jesus isnt god then y dose he hold this much of a level of authority ,its because hes god and if u dont love him then u u dont love god ....well yea hope this helped...=) anything to add let me know

Old 03-16-2009, 08:04 AM

987 posts, read 1,119,963 times
I wanted to make a quick statement about glory, that some have said God won't give His glory to another. That is correct, God will not give HIS glory to another. But there are scriptures about others having glory, including humans, do a word search in the concordance. Read 1 Corinthians Chapter 15, specifically verses 40-43. There Paul speaks about one glory of the sun, and a different type of glory for the moon and stars. We will have bodies of glory when we are resurrected. God naturally has the highest glory. But he has allowed for a lesser glory to inhabit his creation. I also wanted to point out that someone had stated that creation was made from nothing but that is incorrect. The Bible states that ALL is OUT of God. No one is allowed the glory of the Father. Yet we are given a certain amount of glory. We are told that the woman is the glory of her husband and the woman's hair is her glory.

As has been mentioned, if a king goes on a trip to another country and leaves his son, the Prince, in charge while he's gone, then the same respect and obedience is to be given to the prince as the king's representative in fulfilling the OFFICE of king. And he is due a certain amount of respect himself if he governs in the manner of His Father, the true power. That is the key.

Shana, I so loved your post that spoke of the Word as God's message. That IS what Jesus did. He showed us the Father. HE showed us the Father's complete control over His creation yes, Jesus did create everything, but He was given this power and assignment by the Father. The core of Jesus' message was the love the Father has for us when Jesus poured out his life for us on the Christ.

Jesus is hte ultimate example to us that no matter what we achieve in the way of power and wealth while we walk this earth, we should not boast in any of it, for we have NOTHING that the Father did not give us. Jesus created everything by the power of the Father and yet he humbled himself and did not seek His own glory, but He will receive his own glory, as we all will share in a certain amount of glory, for we will be one with the Father as Jesus is one with Him, Yeshua was the Firstborn of many sons (not a few MANY) but in DUE TIME.

God put Pharaoh on the throne, He set Joseph in place, He can delegate authority and power to whomever He chooses, and that in no way lessens HIS glory. That's another good example---Joseph. He rose to great power in Egypt, the Pharaoh made all except Himself subject to Joseph. Yet he was the ultimate head. Not one person, but two. Husbands and wives are not one person, but they are to perform many functions as a united front. Ice, water and steam are not all these at the same time. I am NOT my own mother, or my own daughter. Even if someone clones me, it will not be my thoughts directing that cloned individual. We will not do everything simultaneously. It won't be me inhabiting that body.

Touchy subject. Some of my favorite 'teachers' believe in the trinity and other doctrines Idisagree with. I still respect them for the wisdom they have. Enjoy your Monday and week.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:43 PM

14,897 posts, read 17,188,625 times
Thank you for sharing Scarletwren. You made some great points. God's blessing.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:43 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,308,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
John 1:1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ... John 1:14 - The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 8:58 - "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

Based on the above verses and various others it is my faith and belief that Jesus is God made flesh. He is not just 'full of God' or 'a god' or a creation of God, he IS God incarnate. Jesus is fully human and fully God. This is my belief.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:52 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,841,643 times
Question How to get from duality to trinity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by George D. Hall View Post
God : Father, son , spirit
Water: Liquid, Solid, Gas three different forms same essence
automatically God Must have a spirit in order to love and have a personality ..i believe that the only reason that Jesus did not know when the world will end is because God was Man (Jesus) and he felt like man and he couldn't lie so he basically needed to be limited and being god he knew he was gonna have to be limited in a sinful, predestined, free willed world or else there wouldnt be as much mystery or options that is needed to fufill the criteria of a predestinated, freewilled world..so he didnt make an agreement with himself to not know when the world will end he made a desision for his own phisical form ..and as far as why did he pray to himself prayer leads to hope and you need hope as a man in a land of evil...plus people fell at Jesus`s feet and praised him if he wasnt god then y dosent he tell them dont worship me worship my father ..another thing to point out is that u cant be with god unless u go through jesus, if jesus isnt god then y dose he hold this much of a level of authority ,its because hes god and if u dont love him then u u dont love god ....well yea hope this helped...=) anything to add let me know

There is the duality of infinity and finity. To get to trinity the math. betrays us and the matter remains the vision of only the approaching equilibrium of the sunlight above. The sunlight above can confront the wind which made the world irreversibly fielded for the ideal wand and magic of Lucifer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity