Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 10:16 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,703,076 times

Advertisements

JESUS IS GOD THE FATHER!!

Those who are saved must come to the knowledge of the truth, for that is God's appointed way to save sinners: if we do not know the truth, we cannot be ruled by it.

Those who do not believe Jesus is God is not worshiping in the Truth of God's precious word.
The only person who is going to reveal this truth is the Holy Spirit through the power of His word and without Him you can not do nothing...
And many do not have Him!! They deny Him and hang on to their own knowledge and wisdom and the wisdom of man.

There are many who proclaim to know the way.... They are smooth talkers just a Jude warned us....taking the very word of God and twisting it to their own knowledge for their fleshly lust!! And proclaiming it in vain.....to be the Truth!

It is by faith that one believes that Jesus is God! Our Lord God said, "The just shall live by faith".
The Christian life begins with faith and is maintained through faith. The only way we can be in right relationship with God is through faith.

God has spoken......

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them.
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Professing to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man~ and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchange the truth of God for the the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather then the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
Romans 1:17-25

In the scripture the Lord Jesus spoke to us about in the last days will come the great apostasy which we are seeing right before our very eyes...
So many are believing the lies of the father of this world, Satan!
Satan has be accusing the church since the beginning of time... And those who follow him are doing the very thing...
To willfully suppress the truth of God is to sin against Him. They refuse to honor God's authority resulting in opposition to Him.

They seek Him in vain after their own lustful knowledge which has blinded them from the truth!! The claim Jesus was just a man, not God. They exchange the glory, ignoring God's power so clearly revealed in creation, they worship idols (knowledge). They reduced God to the form of a corruptible man, and even creeping things.

Trust the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Prov. 3:5-6

Remember saints of the Lord God Almighty....

In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah:
"We have a strong city; God will appoint salvation for walls and bulwarks. Open the gates, that the righteous nation which keeps the truth may enter in.
You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, For in YAH, the Lord, is everlasting strength. Isaiah 26: 1-4

Praise be to our God, Jesus Christ, for all eternity. Amen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 10:31 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,502,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
There is one absolute Deity.
Absolutely correct and biblical

Quote:
How is one who is absolute Deity be subject to absolute Deity?
Can`t..that`s where the church taught doctrine of the trinity falls apart

Quote:
No one is subject to absolute Deity. There is no one above absolute Deity. Jesus is subject to the Father, because the Father is absolute Deity. Jesus said that He could do nothing of Himself. Absolute Deity has all power. Jesus is the exact image, likeness, representation of the invisible God, the Father, Campbell. He is not the Father who is is absolute Deity. He has the title of God because the Father gave Him this title and He is filled with the fulness of God. God, the Father, gave Him all authority. When we "look at Jesus" we "see" the absolute Deity, the invisible God because Jesus is the exact image, likeness, representation of the invisible God. He reveals the Father, the absolute Deity, to us.
Absolutely right on. Jesus says time and again that he could do nothing of himself..does that sound like the supreme deity? Jesus is subject to someone...does that sound like the supreme deity? He got his authority from someone else...does that sound like the supreme deity? He prayed to someone else..does that sound like the supreme deity? He says someone is greater than him...does that sound like the supreme deity?

Quote:
The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are united, one in purpose. Jesus prayed for His disciples to be one just as He and the Father are one.
God bless.
Right again. I find it ironic that church christians love to quote that verse about Jesus being one with the Father but fail to mention the second part about us being as one in the same way.

I see time and again how church christians just simply cannot believe what they read in the bible. They continually have to add something to scripture to make it fit their ideology. I finally gave up believing in a trinity after reading debate after debate like this one. I studied,prayed and researched different arguments for and against a trinity eventhough I knew all the arguments for a trinity because I had been part of the church system for 40 yrs. I would be on so called christian websites and usually there would be one guy or maybe two exposing the trinity as false using scripture and a whole host of church christians jumping on the one trying to defend it. They just could not refute the scriptures though they tried and tried to hold onto their man taught doctrine with adding or molding scriptures. The more I read and the more I prayed about it the more obvious it became that a trinity was not scriptural and just something taught by the church. Thank God after much praying he opened my eyes. I beseach anyone who truly seeks the truth to hearken unto God,let go of your ego, and truly pray, study and God will open your eyes. However,if you want to run with the crowd and refuse to even consider that most of what you`ve been taught by the church is wrong then it`s man` s teaching you will follow. Thanks shana once again for a great post, and for shining the light of God`s truth on this forum. God bless

Old 11-11-2008, 10:33 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,444,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Too bad you can't just ask Jesus if he is God. Although he seems to repeatedly separate himself from God in the bible. But this conversation has no end as it is all based on what you think the word "god" means, and there are so many definitions.
I did. Ask Jesus that is, if He's God, really! You know what He said? I Am that I Am and you can call me Father, Lord, Abba, Daddy, Jesus, as long as you call on me!

Old 11-11-2008, 10:34 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,975,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
Too bad you can't just ask Jesus if he is God. Although he seems to repeatedly separate himself from God in the bible. But this conversation has no end as it is all based on what you think the word "god" means, and there are so many definitions.
Well the Father calls Jesus God, and that's good enought for me. And the Father tells us there is only One God, and I believe that to. The problem comes in when others say they believe those statements, but in reality do not. And that is why certain groups, or cults cannot comfirm Gods own words in those verses. They will write a whole chapter trying to explain what God really ment, rather then agree with what God simply stated.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:43 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,444,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well the Father calls Jesus God, and that's good enought for me. And the Father tells us there is only One God, and I believe that to. The problem comes in when others say they believe those statements, but in reality do not. And that is why certain groups, or cults cannot comfirm Gods own words in those verses. They will write a whole chapter trying to explain what God really ment, rather then agree with what God simply stated.
Ohh, I'm repping and typing at the same time!!

Old 11-11-2008, 10:47 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,703,076 times
Quote:
Amen! Praise God our Lord Jesus!!

All one can do is proclaim the Gospel (the good news) as Jesus has commissioned us to do through the power of His Holy Spirit and it is the responsibility of the one who receives or rejects God's Truth!!!

Blessings

Old 11-11-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I agree. Do you believe the following verse. Like you stated in one of your previous post, a simple yes or no answer is all that`s needed.

"For even if so be that there are those being termed gods, whether in heaven or on earth, even as there are many gods and many lords, nevertheless for US there is ONE God, the FATHER, out of Whom ALL IS, and we for Him, and ONE LORD, JESUS CHRIST, through Whom all is, and we through Him" (I Cor. 8:5-6).

Old 11-11-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Amen! Praise God our Lord Jesus!!

All one can do is proclaim the Gospel (the good news) as Jesus has commissioned us to do through the power of His Holy Spirit and it is the responsibility of the one who receives or rejects God's Truth!!!

Blessings
Campbell doesn`t believe Jesus is the Father curly!

Old 11-11-2008, 10:56 PM

11,902 posts, read 3,715,839 times
Quote:
If the Father is never wrong, and He tells us in Isaiah 46:9 that He is the only God. Why does the Father call Jesus God? Which is it? Is Jesus a God we should worship? or should we only worship the Father only? Because the Father said He is the only God. How can the Father say He is the only God, when at the same time He is calling Jesus God? Giving someone authority is one thing, but God tells us that Jesus is also God. And He tells us this, when He clearly states (He is the only God).
And God made Moses a god to Pharaoh - was he wrong there? Also Psalms 82:6 I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High.

Also Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou [art] my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
If Jesus was the son from eternity why is God saying this day have I begotten thee?

Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give [thee] the heathen [for] thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth [for] thy possession.

Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Psa 2:10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

Psa 2:11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Psa 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish [from] the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed [are] all they that put their trust in him.

There is no other God beside God - Jesus is his anointed Messiah - he is in Jesus reconciling the world to himself, we worship Jesus as Gods representative (mediator) he is reconciling all to himself through Christ.

Philipians 2:11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

This does not say that every tongue is confessing Jesus is God (the same as the Father) it is that he is Lord - and the glory is directed at God (the Father)

When Jesus says that he has been given all authority by God the Father and that he can do nothing of himself - it is obvious that means that before he received those things he did not have them - if he was part of God from eternity and did not have a beginning his Father would not have been able to give him anything because he would have had those things from eternity.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
And God made Moses a god to Pharaoh - was he wrong there? Also Psalms 82:6 I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High.

Also Psalm 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou [art] my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
If Jesus was the son from eternity why is God saying this day have I begotten thee?

Psa 2:8 Ask of me, and I shall give [thee] the heathen [for] thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth [for] thy possession.

Psa 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Psa 2:10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.

Psa 2:11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.

Psa 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish [from] the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed [are] all they that put their trust in him.

There is no other God beside God - Jesus is his anointed Messiah - he is in Jesus reconciling the world to himself, we worship Jesus as Gods representative (mediator) he is reconciling all to himself through Christ.

Philipians 2:11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

This does not say that every tongue is confessing Jesus is God (the same as the Father) it is that he is Lord - and the glory is directed at God (the Father)

When Jesus says that he has been given all authority by God the Father and that he can do nothing of himself - it is obvious that means that before he received those things he did not have them - if he was part of God from eternity and did not have a beginning his Father would not have been able to give him anything because he would have had those things from eternity.
Reps to you meerkat..awesome post...I love the light of God`s word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity