Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 07:19 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,415,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Jesus=God? All day long.............................................. .................Final Answer!!
Jesus is God.....my final answer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 07:22 PM

14,905 posts, read 17,200,511 times
Yes, Jesus = God in a restrictive sense, ILNC. What is an image? Anybody? Just asking. God bless.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Yes, Jesus = God in a restrictive sense, ILNC. What is an image? Anybody? Just asking. God bless.
No Jesus=God because He is God.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:40 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,706,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Jesus is God.....my final answer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane
Jesus=God? All day long.............................................. .................Final Answer!!
Amen and Amen!!! Jesus= God, Jesus is God, Jesus is "Mighty God"! Jesus is "Prince of Peace", Jesus is "Mighty Comforter", Jesus is the "Great I Am", Jesus is the "Alpha and Omega", Jesus is the "Living Word", Jesus is the "Truth and the Way".....my final answer!!!

Old 11-11-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo View Post
Amen and Amen!!! Jesus= God, Jesus is God, Jesus is "Mighty God"! Jesus is "Prince of Peace", Jesus is "Mighty Comforter", Jesus is the "Great I Am", Jesus is the "Alpha and Omega", Jesus is the "Living Word", Jesus is the "Truth and the Way".....my final answer!!!
AMEN! He is all of the above!

Old 11-11-2008, 07:59 PM

Yes, Jesus = God in a restrictive sense.

What is an image? Anybody? Just asking.

He is the exact image, likeness, or representation of the invisible God, Amen? (Colossians1) But the invisible God, God the Father is absolute Deity. He gave all things to Jesus, the Son and He appointed Jesus, the Son. The Son was given all authority by the Father who is absolute Deity. The Son can do nothing without the Father, the source. The Son always points to the Father. The Son delivers all things to the Father, is subject to the Father and will be subject to the Father. He will reign until He puts all enemies under His feet.

How can one who is absolute Deity be subject to absolute Deity?

How can one who has all authority be given any authority?

How can one who is absolute Deity be a likeness of absolute Deity?

1 Corinthians 8:
4Concerning the eating then of the things sacrificed to idols, we have known that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one;

5for even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven, whether upon earth -- as there are gods many and lords many -- 6yet to us [is] one God, the Father, of whom [are] the all things, and we to Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom [are] the all things, and we through Him;

John 5: 30 I can of myself do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is righteous; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 11-11-2008 at 08:20 PM..

Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,978,050 times
Quote:
There is one absolute Deity. How is one who is absolute Deity be subject to absolute Deity? No one is subject to absolute Deity. There is no one above absolute Deity. Jesus is subject to the Father, because the Father is absolute Deity. Jesus said that He could do nothing of Himself. Absolute Deity has all power. Jesus is the exact image, likeness, representation of the invisible God, the Father, Campbell. He is not the Father who is is absolute Deity. He has the title of God because the Father gave Him this title and He is filled with the fulness of God. God, the Father, gave Him all authority. When we "look at Jesus" we "see" the absolute Deity, the invisible God because Jesus is the exact image, likeness, representation of the invisible God. He reveals the Father, the absolute Deity, to us.

The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are united, one in purpose. Jesus prayed for His disciples to be one just as He and the Father are one.

God bless.
If Jesus is a second God, who do we Worship, do we worship Jesus as God, or do we Worship the Father as God ?

And in Isaiah 45:5 It states that "I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me (THERE IS NO GOD).
Was God wrong when He said that? Because, (the Father calls Jesus God).
It appears if Jesus is a second God as you say, then the Father must be wrong.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:25 PM

He is the exact image, likeness, or representation of the invisible God, Amen? (Colossians1) But the invisible God, God the Father is absolute Deity. He gave all things to Jesus, the Son and He appointed Jesus, the Son. The Son was given all authority by the Father who is absolute Deity. The Son can do nothing without the Father, the source. The Son always points to the Father. The Son delivers all things to the Father, is subject to the Father and will be subject to the Father. He will reign until He puts all enemies under His feet. He has the title of God because the Father gave Him this title and He is filled with the fulness of God. God, the Father, gave Him all authority. When we "look at Jesus" we "see" the absolute Deity, the invisible God because Jesus is the exact image, likeness, representation of the invisible God. He reveals the Father, the absolute Deity, to us.

1 Corinthians 8:
4Concerning the eating then of the things sacrificed to idols, we have known that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one;

5for even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven, whether upon earth -- as there are gods many and lords many -- 6yet to us [is] one God, the Father, of whom [are] the all things, and we to Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom [are] the all things, and we through Him;

John 5: 30 I can of myself do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is righteous; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

The Father is never wrong. He gave Jesus all authority and the name above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow and every tongue should confess that Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 11-11-2008 at 08:45 PM..

Old 11-11-2008, 09:04 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,978,050 times
Quote:

He is the exact image, likeness, or representation of the invisible God, Amen? (Colossians1) But the invisible God, God the Father is absolute Deity. He gave all things to Jesus, the Son and He appointed Jesus, the Son. The Son was given all authority by the Father who is absolute Deity. The Son can do nothing without the Father, the source. The Son always points to the Father. The Son delivers all things to the Father, is subject to the Father and will be subject to the Father. He will reign until He puts all enemies under His feet. He has the title of God because the Father gave Him this title and He is filled with the fulness of God. God, the Father, gave Him all authority. When we "look at Jesus" we "see" the absolute Deity, the invisible God because Jesus is the exact image, likeness, representation of the invisible God. He reveals the Father, the absolute Deity, to us.

1 Corinthians 8:

The Father is never wrong. He gave Jesus all authority and the name above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow and every tongue should confess that Jesus is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

God bless.
If the Father is never wrong, and He tells us in Isaiah 46:9 that He is the only God. Why does the Father call Jesus God? Which is it? Is Jesus a God we should worship? or should we only worship the Father only? Because the Father said He is the only God. How can the Father say He is the only God, when at the same time He is calling Jesus God? Giving someone authority is one thing, but God tells us that Jesus is also God. And He tells us this, when He clearly states (He is the only God).

Old 11-11-2008, 09:59 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,036,328 times
Too bad you can't just ask Jesus if he is God. Although he seems to repeatedly separate himself from God in the bible. But this conversation has no end as it is all based on what you think the word "god" means, and there are so many definitions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity