Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2008, 11:04 AM

14,941 posts, read 17,291,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I checked out Post #366 and you have stated there you believe God's Words in both the Old and New Testaments. Yet when I ask you to confirm God's own Words in Isaiah 44:24, asking if God's statement is true, you cannot give me a (YES) or a (NO). If you really believe Gods Word you should be able to confirm that Isaiah 44:24 is (true). Yet you can not confirm Gods Words with a (YES) or a (NO).

WHY IS THAT? WHY CAN YOU NOT SAY (YES) or (NO) to Isaiah 44:24?

I DID ALREADY, CAMPBELL, in #366. God bless.

Does absolute Deity have a Deity? Does absolute Deity worship another Deity? Is absolute Deity subject to another Deity? The Son will be subjected to the Father and this , for example, lets me know that one is Supreme.

John 5: 30 I can of myself do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is righteous; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 11-02-2008 at 11:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 11:28 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,993,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post

Does absolute Deity have a Deity? Does absolute Deity worship another Deity? Is absolute Deity subject to another Deity? The Son will be subjected to the Father and this , for example, lets me know that one is Supreme. God bless.
No Shana you did not, you gave me (your spin), and you (REFUSE) to aknowledge Isaiah 44:24 with an affirmative (YES).

Shana, until you can acknowledge that Gods Word is true in Isaiah 44:24 by saying (YES), you are not being honest with yourself or me. It's obvious to me, that is one part of the Bible you do not believe. If you did believe it, you would quickly say (YES) I believe that. It appears you are more concerned with your DOCTRINE, then the truth of the Bible.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown

Does absolute Deity have a Deity? Does absolute Deity worship another Deity? Is absolute Deity subject to another Deity? The Son will be subjected to the Father and this , for example, lets me know that one is Supreme. God bless.

No Shana you did not, you gave me (your spin), and you (REFUSE) to aknowledge Isaiah 44:24 with an affirmative (YES).

Shana, until you can acknowledge that Gods Word is true in Isaiah 44:24 by saying (YES), you are not being honest with yourself or me. It's obvious to me, that is one part of the Bible you do not believe. If you did believe it, you would quickly say (YES) I believe that. It appears you are more concerned with your DOCTRINE, then the truth of the Bible.

Yes, I did, Campbell. Maybe you did not read the entire post. I will not pull it up for you, having done this too many times. I have been very honest in sharing with you. As I shared with you, I accept and believe that OT and NT as God's word. I am very concerned about the truth of the Bible and this is why I am here. God's blessings!

Old 11-02-2008, 11:35 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,725,893 times
Quote:
Curly, I believe that Jesus is the exact image of God which is taught in the scriptures. (Colossians 1) He is the Word made flesh, reveals the invisible God to us, came forth from God, that the Father is greater than He is, is subject to the Father, was given all authority from the Father, all in the scriptures. I do not share anything, Curly, which God has drawn me by faith to believe. I hope that you do not believe that I have ridiculed or mocked you or anyone for your belief in the Trinity. I have only shared my belief and the reasons for this belief and I have also asked for responses to questions just as questions have been asked of me which have been answered. I have also shared scriptures. It has been suggested of me that I do not have the Spirit of God, do not accept God's word, have not been drawn by faith to believe, am not a Christian, just because I believe that the Father is greater than Jesus and that Jesus is the image of God, not the Father. I have given scriptural reasons for my belief. God bless you, Curly.

Still waiting for any response to the above questions, just as I was asked to respond. And I will not accuse anyone of not having the Spirit of God or of not being a Christian because he or she chooses not to respond. God bless.
I did answer and you have not excepted it....

My first post was direct to campbell..... no one else and then here comes the rebuttal!!!

My post was directed towards the false teaching of universalism...... remember?

Then you post about universalist..... and all the other's came .......

All I said to you shana is "I'll be praying for you"....

And then my post to twin.spin ....

So who began all this???????
People don't like my answers to universalism.... is the problem!!

My first post.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlythecosmo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Jesus is God, He always existed, He was never created. Only groups like the JWs believe he was.

Amen! With my eyes I see three, with my heart I see ONE!!
Response to my first post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62

Quote:
Quote:
Doesn`t the bible say he was begotten.
Doesn`t it say he was FIRST BORN over all creation. I guess we can pick and choose which scripture we want to believe is true then give a church indoctrinated opinion about other plain scripture to make it fit what the church has taught us.

My second post....

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Doesn`t it say he was FIRST BORN over all creation. I guess we can pick and choose which scripture we want to believe is true then give a church indoctrinated opinion about other plain scripture to make it fit what the church has taught us.
Ah...spm62, we've been around this block before! And you so know how I feel about all this hog wash your speaking about!
The problem with universalism is that the word of God comes to the believer by faith and the one who walks and believes universalism is walking in heresy so of course they can not see that the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit are ONE!

It takes the Holy Spirit to reveal this truth of God. (sorry God's rules, not man's)
Jesus says that those who abide in His word He would abide in them and reveal Himself to them.... that is why when a people who walk in false teaching can not see the truth of His word, so they come up with things that sound good but are not according to God's Truth... they make His word fit their own means (flesh).
Jesus is not going to reveal Himself to a people who do not believe who He says He is!! Because they don't believe!!!

Also God's word says that the natural man can not receive the things of the Spirit, they are foolish to Him, that is why one can not see that the, Three are One....
They are looking through the eyes of the natural man (flesh)....not through the eyes and guidance of the Holy Spirit. Who reveals all truth to those who believe....

The accuser of the brethren says or makes the excuse or accusation that one has been indoctrinated by the Church, which is a bunch of bologna.
Because only God can reveal the truth of His word to the heart that believes, no church, person, or anything can bring faith into ones heart!!!
Faith is gift from God given by His grace through Jesus Christ!!!

But I really care for you spm62.... and will continue to pray for you that the Holy Spirit will one day open and reveal the truth!! Because no one can do it for you but... HIM!!

My third post....

Quote:

Quote:
What does Universalism have to do with this topic? Also, Curly, many believers who do not believe in the Trinity may believe that the teaching of the Trinity is false teaching and that those who may believe in the Trinity can not see the truth of God's word and may be coming up wit things that sound good but are not according to God's Truth, making His word fit their own means (flesh). Personally, I believe that God reveals as He desires and I don't condemn anyone who believes in the Trinity. They are still my brothers and sisters in Christ and I don't suggest or declare that they don't abide in God's Spirit or that God has not revealed Himself to them, because we may not see eye to eye on this. God bless.

I'll pray for you too shana!

My fourth post.....

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin
curly!
Our church has daily e-mail devotions. Today's was based on Matthew 9:3-8 where Jesus was accused of blaspheming. The religious leaders knew that only God has the right to forgive sins and by Jesus saying 'Your sins are forgiven,' Jesus was placing himself on the same level as God the Father. (which in the KJV, Jehovah was referred to by the spelling LORD, aka I AM)

Furthermore, miracles in the OT where done in the name of the LORD (KJV), Jesus never invoked the name when he preformed miracles, he simply commanded. The disicples used the name Jesus in preforming miracles not LORD.

Jesus' miracles were done to prove one thing...
The miracles done by the apostles (in the name of Jesus) proved one thing.....

Jesus = God
Amen...excellent point!
ONLY GOD has the authority to forgive!!! And in the NT, Jesus forgave and spoke His forgiveness to many in the scripture!

So......Jesus= God

Old 11-02-2008, 11:41 AM

513 posts, read 899,603 times
I believe that jesus is god. The father, son and holy ghost, It was once explained to me years ago by using water.

Water - is liquid, ice, or mist but is all of the same but in different forms. I hope that makes sense.

Old 11-02-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Curly, I believe that Jesus is the exact image of God which is taught in the scriptures. (Colossians 1) He is the Word made flesh, reveals the invisible God to us, came forth from God, that the Father is greater than He is, is subject to the Father, was given all authority from the Father, all in the scriptures. I do not share anything, Curly, which God has drawn me by faith to believe. I hope that you do not believe that I have ridiculed or mocked you or anyone for your belief in the Trinity. I have only shared my belief and the reasons for this belief and I have also asked for responses to questions just as questions have been asked of me which have been answered. I have also shared scriptures. It has been suggested of me that I do not have the Spirit of God, do not accept God's word, have not been drawn by faith to believe, am not a Christian, just because I believe that the Father is greater than Jesus and that Jesus is the image of God, not the Father. I have given scriptural reasons for my belief. God bless you, Curly.

Still waiting for any response to the above questions, just as I was asked to respond. And I will not accuse anyone of not having the Spirit of God or of not being a Christian because he or she chooses not to respond. God bless.
[/quote]

Quote:
I did answer and you have not excepted it....
Where did you answer the responses that asked for in posts #366, 367, and 368, Curly?? Remember you said that only God could answer the questions that I posted??

Quote:
My first post was direct to campbell..... no one else and then here comes the rebuttal!!!

What was that, Curly?

Quote:
My post was directed towards the false teaching of universalism...... remember?
To Campbell? What does Universalism have to do with this subject, Curly??

Quote:
Then you post about universalist..... and all the other's came .......
?? All the others?

Quote:
All I said to you shana is "I'll be praying for you"....
Yes, and I said that I'd be praying for you too, Curly.

Quote:
And then my post to twin.spin ....

Quote:
So who began all this???????

Who began what, Curly? This is a thread on Jesus=God.

Quote:
People don't like my answers to universalism.... is the problem!!
Quote:
There were only a few posts addressing Universalism , which was initially brought up by you, Curly, which has nothing to do with the topic. It was suggested that Universalists do not have the Spirit of God, adhere to false teaching and that this is the reason why they do not accept the concept of the Trinity. I shared that many Universalists may believe that those who accept the Trinity are adhering to a false teaching and do not have the Spirit of God. I also shared that many Universalists accept the Trinity and many do not. Again, what does Universalism have to do with the topic??

Quote:
My first post.....

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34
Jesus is God, He always existed, He was never created. Only groups like the JWs believe he was.

Response to my first post....

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 Quote:
Quote:

And?

Quote:
My second post....

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Ah...spm62, we've been around this block before! And you so know how I feel about all this hog wash your speaking about!
The problem with universalism is that the word of God comes to the believer by faith and the one who walks and believes universalism is walking in heresy so of course they can not see that the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit are ONE!

It takes the Holy Spirit to reveal this truth of God. (sorry God's rules, not man's)
Jesus says that those who abide in His word He would abide in them and reveal Himself to them.... that is why when a people who walk in false teaching can not see the truth of His word, so they come up with things that sound good but are not according to God's Truth... they make His word fit their own means (flesh).
Jesus is not going to reveal Himself to a people who do not believe who He says He is!! Because they don't believe!!!

Also God's word says that the natural man can not receive the things of the Spirit, they are foolish to Him, that is why one can not see that the, Three are One....
They are looking through the eyes of the natural man (flesh)....not through the eyes and guidance of the Holy Spirit. Who reveals all truth to those who believe....

The accuser of the brethren says or makes the excuse or accusation that one has been indoctrinated by the Church, which is a bunch of bologna.
Because only God can reveal the truth of His word to the heart that believes, no church, person, or anything can bring faith into ones heart!!!
Faith is gift from God given by His grace through Jesus Christ!!!

But I really care for you spm62.... and will continue to pray for you that the Holy Spirit will one day open and reveal the truth!! Because no one can do it for you but... HIM!!

And?

Quote:
My third post....

Quote:

Quote:
What does Universalism have to do with this topic? Also, Curly, many believers who do not believe in the Trinity may believe that the teaching of the Trinity is false teaching and that those who may believe in the Trinity can not see the truth of God's word and may be coming up wit things that sound good but are not according to God's Truth, making His word fit their own means (flesh). Personally, I believe that God reveals as He desires and I don't condemn anyone who believes in the Trinity. They are still my brothers and sisters in Christ and I don't suggest or declare that they don't abide in God's Spirit or that God has not revealed Himself to them, because we may not see eye to eye on this. God bless.

I'll pray for you too shana!

Yes, and?

Quote:
My fourth post.....

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin
curly!
Our church has daily e-mail devotions. Today's was based on Matthew 9:3-8 where Jesus was accused of blaspheming. The religious leaders knew that only God has the right to forgive sins and by Jesus saying 'Your sins are forgiven,' Jesus was placing himself on the same level as God the Father. (which in the KJV, Jehovah was referred to by the spelling LORD, aka I AM)

Furthermore, miracles in the OT where done in the name of the LORD (KJV), Jesus never invoked the name when he preformed miracles, he simply commanded. The disicples used the name Jesus in preforming miracles not LORD.

Jesus' miracles were done to prove one thing...
The miracles done by the apostles (in the name of Jesus) proved one thing.....

Jesus = God
Amen...excellent point!
ONLY GOD has the authority to forgive!!! And in the NT, Jesus forgave and spoke His forgiveness to many in the scripture!

So......Jesus= God
Yes? I responded that the Father gave all authority to Jesus, including the authority to forgive sins. Any response to this?

God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 11-02-2008 at 12:14 PM..

Old 11-02-2008, 12:00 PM

Why is it that believers who don't agree with other believers on certain topics like this, are viewed as not having the Spirit of God, not having faith to believe, are looking through the eyes of a natural man, are not Christians??? God bless.

What is an image?

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 11-02-2008 at 12:09 PM..

Old 11-02-2008, 12:15 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,993,931 times
Quote:
Yes, I did, Campbell. Maybe you did not read the entire post. I will not pull it up for you, having done this too many times. I have been very honest in sharing with you. As I shared with you, I accept and believe that OT and NT as God's word. I am very concerned about the truth of the Bible and this is why I am here. God's blessings!
Tell me why you cannot confirm Gods own words in Isaiah 44:24 with an affirmative (YES)?

Old 11-02-2008, 12:24 PM

I did already, Campbell God bless.

Quote:
Yes, I did, Campbell. Maybe you did not read the entire post. I will not pull it up for you, having done this too many times. I have been very honest in sharing with you. As I shared with you, I accept and believe that OT and NT as God's word. I am very concerned about the truth of the Bible and this is why I am here. God's blessings

Old 11-02-2008, 12:26 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,410,981 times
Quote:
Why is it that believers who don't agree with other believers on certain topics like this, are viewed as not having the Spirit of God, not having faith to believe, not being a Christian??? God bless.

What is an image?
What you will find is that most of these people don't agree on many things , not just this one. There is no Christian unity on anything. When you disagree with them, then you are automatically considered to be a false profit. Only spiritual truth eminates from them.

Ever wonder why there are so many 1000s of Christian denominations? Because they don't agree with each other. Ever wonder why people around the world who belong to the same exact Christian denomination so easily go to war and kill each other in Jesus name? They disagree with each other.

They ignore the recorded prayer Jesus gave to his Father to have his followers be united in the same belief so that they could serve shoulder to shoulder in unity and stand out as different from the world alienated from God. Sadly, this has not been the case with most of these people. It's hard to tell a believer from a non-believer ever since the great apostasy in the 3rd & 4th centuries where this belief system was born.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity