Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:23 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,127,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
In the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man, the Christ warned that if the Jews continued to disbelieve Him that He would turn to the gentiles who had been denied. The rich were the Jews and the poor was the gentile who only had been offered scraps. When the Jews finally killed Stephen, Go blinded them and turned to the Gentiles. Who is a Jew now or better yet, who is an Israelite? Anyone who is saved has been grafted into the tree and counted. It matters not if he be Chinese, Indian, Spanish or what. If he is saved, he is one of Christ's.
Someone that actually understands that parable....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 10:19 AM

550 posts, read 518,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Get rid of the not but or only there...
Can't twist scripture but just for topic sake We can play that way too...it still holds

"I come for the House of Israel"

Why only the House of Israel? and not the whole of mankind? and who is the "House of Israel" today?

can anybody answer this

Old 07-03-2014, 10:20 AM

The Room is quiet now. go figure

Old 07-03-2014, 10:31 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,486,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
Please post the scripture that proves this notion? because facts trump hearsay.

*And you still haven't answered the OP question:
WHY did Yeshua say what he said? past tense or future, he said it, but why?
The reason he said it was because it was true that He was sent to the House of Israel.
They denied him and still do. He caused blindness to come unto them until the fullness of the Gentiles is fulfilled.

I'm not going to post scripture because I have to go back and strip out a whole bunch of httml stuff.
Go read and try to understand Romans Chapter 11.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
The reason he said it was because it was true that He was sent to the House of Israel.
They denied him and still do. He caused blindness to come unto them until the fullness of the Gentiles is fulfilled.

I'm not going to post scripture because I have to go back and strip out a whole bunch of httml stuff.
Go read and try to understand Romans Chapter 11.
And that prophecy hasn't been fulfilled yet, so we agree. So Christ still has a job to do. He is STILL coming for the House of Israel ONLY>

Every prophecy will be fulfilled.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
And that prophecy hasn't been fulfilled yet, so we agree. So Christ still has a job to do. He is STILL coming for the House of Israel ONLY>

Every prophecy will be fulfilled.
Christ will establish his headquarters in Jerusalem. ALL Israel will be saved. ALL Spain, all Asia, all America. ALL will be saved and come into the knowledge of the Lord, especially them that believe. We have that assurance.

All in Christ are grafted into the olive tree.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:13 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,253,226 times
GINOLJC, 2 all,
lets get the scripture right first, and then discuss, Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. not just the house of Israel but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. and there are two houses of Israel, or sheep. there is a carnal house, or the former house, who walk after the Law. and a spiritual house, or a latter house, who walk in Grace.

2 Esdras 6:7 Then answered I and said, What shall be the parting asunder of the times? or when shall be the end of the first, and the beginning of it that followeth?
8 And he said unto me, From Abraham unto Isaac, when Jacob and Esau were born of him, Jacob's hand held first the heel of Esau.
9 For Esau is the end of the world, and Jacob is the beginning of it that followeth.

Jacob and Esau, is the key here, Esau is the end of the world, or age.

scripture, Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. there is an outward Israel, flesh, LAW, and there is an inner Israel, spirit, GRACE.
now lets see this in the KJV and understand the meaning.
Romans 9:8 "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
seed as in one, JESUS Christ. the house of Israel is not genetic, but Spiritual. whosoever, believeth and is baptize shall be save. so one house two people save and the unsaved. the lost sheep is those who still want to walk according to the LAW, instead of walking according to the Spirit in GRACE.

lets again see the inner house walker vs the outward house walker. Romans 2:28 "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

so God diversified spirit, himself came to those who are lost. the revelation is in the Spirit.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:18 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,476,068 times
Quote:
The Room is quiet now. go figure
You missed post #2

Old 07-03-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
GINOLJC, 2 all,
lets get the scripture right first, and then discuss, Matthew 15:24 "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. not just the house of Israel but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. and there are two houses of Israel, or sheep. there is a carnal house, or the former house, who walk after the Law. and a spiritual house, or a latter house, who walk in Grace.

2 Esdras 6:7 Then answered I and said, What shall be the parting asunder of the times? or when shall be the end of the first, and the beginning of it that followeth?
8 And he said unto me, From Abraham unto Isaac, when Jacob and Esau were born of him, Jacob's hand held first the heel of Esau.
9 For Esau is the end of the world, and Jacob is the beginning of it that followeth.

Jacob and Esau, is the key here, Esau is the end of the world, or age.

scripture, Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. there is an outward Israel, flesh, LAW, and there is an inner Israel, spirit, GRACE.
now lets see this in the KJV and understand the meaning.
Romans 9:8 "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
seed as in one, JESUS Christ. the house of Israel is not genetic, but Spiritual. whosoever, believeth and is baptize shall be save. so one house two people save and the unsaved. the lost sheep is those who still want to walk according to the LAW, instead of walking according to the Spirit in GRACE.

lets again see the inner house walker vs the outward house walker. Romans 2:28 "For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

so God diversified spirit, himself came to those who are lost. the revelation is in the Spirit.
Absolutely. This United States - Great Britian stuff is fun to read but Israel was/is scattered. Not only that but we in the US are such a mixture one might find his dna to not only include that of some Israelite but also that of some Spaniard or German, Asian or Frenchman and God only knows what all else. Yes, there was a national Israel but that Israel is mostly a mixed peoples today. There is and remains a spiritual Israel which is ALL peoples of all nationalities that have been saved. To the Jew first? Yes. Salvation was first offered to the Jews from a national standpoint. They rejected the Christ and many continue to reject Him today. Once the fullness of the Gentiles has been achieved, God will once again offer salvation to those who rejected him. Understand Ezekiel's Valley of Dry Bones. ALL national Israel will one day be resurrected as flesh beings. So also will all other human beings who miss the first resurrection which will be the resurrection of the saved into spiritual bodies.

I don't have any problem with someone wanting to be a Jew or Israelite. One should first seek to be part of spiritual Israel first and foremost however.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:01 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,253,226 times
yes, Ezekiel 37:3 "And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord GOD, thou knowest”.

the apostle Peter on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. question, is God still calling today, YES, then the promise is for those who answer the call. Romans 9:8 "That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed. the promise is in Christ JESUS, for it is the Spirit that gives LIFE to DRY BONES.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity