Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 09:14 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,999,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
Matthew 15:24 "I am NOT sent but ONLY unto the House of Israel"
- Yeshua the Christ

What did Yeshua mean by this statement? Let's talk about it.

To me it means that there is a remnant of the House of Israel(Jacob) still on this planet that Yeshua is referring to or else he would not say he's coming for anyone, but instead everyone. or just wouldn't say anything at all. BUT he was specific about the people whom he was talking to in the Holy Bible.

*So what we all need to do is find out if we all can trace our lineage back to the House of Jacob(Israel)

This is how we will recognize GOD's people in the Earth today.
Mt 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Why did Christ say this? First, this is past tense, or in other words He said this, and it happened, when He was here the first time. He said it for a several reasons. One, Christ fulfilled this prophecy:
Isa 9:1 Nevertheless the dimness shall not be such as was in her vexation, when at the first he lightly afflicted the land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, and afterward did more grievously afflict her by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, in Galilee of the nations.
2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
Here's His fulfillment:
Matt. 4:12 ¶ Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, he departed into Galilee;
13 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim:
14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying,
15 The land of Zabulon, [Heb. Zebulun] and the land of Nephthalim, [Heb.Naphtali] by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Nations;
16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
Second, why were The House of Israel lost and sitting in darkness? Because of their idolatry God divorced them and they were dispersed among the nations and lost their 'heritage.'

Third, Christ came to "call them back" to the Father. Did the whole House heed His 'call?' Many did, but not all at that time, but they will in the future. When this happens:
Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Quote:
To me it means that there is a remnant of the House of Israel(Jacob) still on this planet
Yes, there is a remnant of "Israel" right now. These are those who've been grafted into the Olive Tree.

Quote:
*So what we all need to do is find out if we all can trace our lineage back to the House of Jacob(Israel).
You are called 'Israel' if you've been grafted into the Olive Tree. You are part of "Israel" if you are a follower of Christ:
Mt 2:6 And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

Mt 27:42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 09:32 PM

64,138 posts, read 40,463,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
In this case he is also correct. Linguistic double negative is not mathematical and has only been cast in that light fairly recently; Consider the last line to Shakespeare's 116th Sonnet, "I never writ, nor no man ever loved." But the point of this one is clear from what Jesus was explaining to the Canaanite woman: that His mission was only to the Jews and that it was not approporiate to detract from that.
We can agree to disagree, nate.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:51 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,993,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We can agree to disagree, nate.
Iy's not as if it were really important, I just thought you might want to review your thoughts on the matter.

Old 07-05-2014, 04:27 AM

250 posts, read 219,986 times
Quote:
In this case he is also correct. Linguistic double negative is not mathematical and has only been cast in that light fairly recently; Consider the last line to Shakespeare's 116th Sonnet, "I never writ, nor no man ever loved." But the point of this one is clear from what Jesus was explaining to the Canaanite woman: that His mission was only to the Jews and that it was not approporiate to detract from that.
Excellent example nate. I am confounded that anyone with a high school education would not understand this. But some will claim whatever is needed to support their religion. It's a Fundamental thing!

It's like saying, "I have no money, except (but) this twenty dollar bill". That does not mean I don't have that twenty dollar bill nor does it mean I have lot's of money. Just as Jesus clearly says He was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:35 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,181,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Really? So, the idiom is by rote without thought of its meaning?
Do you mean 'written'...or...'Wrote'?...

Old 07-05-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Now let me tie this to jive with what most of you believe. Once the Jews were blinded because they would not accept the Christ and went and killed Stephen, all Jews who have since that time in history have died are currently burning in Hell because they would not accept the Christ. When they are resurrected, they will immediately be dragged before a mock trial, humiliated and scorned, and then thrown into a lake of fire. Ain't that right along with what you believe and preach is going to befall everyone who don't believe in the Christ right up until they die. Anyhow, as Hillary Clinton put it, "What differences does it make?" The 12 were sent unto the lost sheep of Israel while Paul was the apostle to the gentiles. Everyone got taken care of.
Peter was sent to the Gentiles...

Old 07-05-2014, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is okay, Jer . . . Richard is knowledgeable and not an enemy . . . sad to say the same is not true of Faith_plus_nothing (an apt screen name). Whenever negation is used in complex syntax (as in double negatives or whatnot) confusion about protasis and apodosis in condtitionals is not unusual. I know that you know this, Jer . . . but perhaps Richard has a non-linguistic (bias as a Jew) reason for preferring his interpretation. We can ignore Faith's derogatory nonsense.
Humble thanks...

It actually comes from understanding the Irish language and its construction, which seems similar to not only Latin, but also Semitic languages...Níl ach (lit: not but) = Only...
That aside, considering Peter's vision, which he explained later as HaShem telling him that the Gospel was now open to the Gentiles, which I think this is in direct correlation to the Jerusalem Council in Acts where Peter proclaims that HaShem chose him for witnessing to the Gentiles, the correct understanding of what Yeshua stated is that He WAS sent only to the lost sheep of Israel...Otherwise, Peter's vision was meaningless...

Old 07-05-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
But, Yeshua said that He had other sheep from another fold that He had to bring also...But, probably not at that time...

Old 07-05-2014, 07:11 AM

Mshipmate said:
Yes, there is a remnant of "Israel" right now. These are those who've been grafted into the Olive Tree.

No, it is not them that are grafted, it is the Gentiles...Israel is the Cultured Olive Tree, the Gentiles are the Wild Olive Tree which gets grafted into the Cultured Olive Tree....

Old 07-05-2014, 07:37 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,993,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
But, Yeshua said that He had other sheep from another fold that He had to bring also...But, probably not at that time...
Precisely. He was speaking of His initial ministry only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity