Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 12:03 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
The correlation between the two is not direct. The 2 wars of the last century came as men followed their instincts of greed and power. There are evil people in this world that would like to lay claim to inventing plans for the conquest of all sorts of things, but they are only subject to their own slavery to sin. One such person was Albert Pike, who gave the plan and reason for the wars, saying that there would be one more war to finish the plan. So far, what he said has come true. The letter may have never been written, but just the fact that this information is given prophetically, and then comes true, is reason for study.

People of power have been trying and fighting to gain more and more money and control since ancient times, and a careful study of these things, including the last 2000 years, can be shown from a historical perspective, to be written prophetically in the Bible.

The rise of fundamentalism is not so easy to trace, yet it is a development of church history. Even many Christians fail to realize that the last 2000 years have been a time of goodness mixed with sin, in which God has allowed the Holy Spirit to be a promise given to those that would receive, that would grow right along side (and within) a mixture that is leavened with corruption. God's plan is to eventually divide those that desire to follow God's plan of using the Spirit, versus those that would use force and coercion. God said, "Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit". The last 2000 years has been a time of forcefulness in coercing people to join and fight against others, along with a time of some people being convinced peacefully by the Spirit and coming into an understanding of the true peace of God.

I don't belong to any church, but I often visit a Christian church close to my home. Onei,l mile away from this church is the factory that builds the infamous Apache Helicopter. Many of us know of the death and destruction that this war bird has caused. It is an awesomely fearful machine! As I sit in church, oftentimes I think of how many of the people in the congregation work at that plant building death and destruction, and how they deal with it. I don't blame them for working there, any more than I blame the soldiers of our country for being forced to fight in invented wars. It's part of the age in which we live, yet I am surprised that there is so little said about these things as being against God's plan of eventual peace. So few people understand the depths of sin that our country has plunged to. You see, I too, have come to see these things as they are after dealing directly with the military, the illegality of the IRS, the corruption of our government officials, and so many other things, and even though I have come to realize that the US government may as well be known as an arm of antichrist, I have to realize that only with God's direct intervention to planet earth of the Second Coming, will these things begin to be corrected.

Paul said that there would be a falling away before Jesus comes and the Day of peace begins, but few of us realize how each and every one of us is surrounded by darkness. I honor those that are seeking peace, and those that help others, and I despise the depths of ignorance of those who don't recognize the sin in our midst, the corruption that is besetting us, but it's the ignorance that I despise, not the person. This is the REAL antichrist! Antichrist means "In place of Christ". Jesus proved with His life that He would not use force or coercion to bring about His Kingdom, and He has stayed true to His word. Christianity, as a corporate group has not. Do I hate Christianity? No...It is a mixture that has done its job of revealing the hearts of men, both good and bad, right and wrong. The plan of Albert Pike, that I mentioned before, was to divide and conquer; to eventually pit Christanity against Judaism, and Islam. The plan is unfolding as we can see, and the US Government is playing a pivital part in this evil. I hate the fact that we have to go through all of this corruption to reach peace, but it surely is close. Yes, Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Light, and Jews and Muslims need Jesus as the way to the Father that they don't understand or don't want to understand, but Christianity also has a great many faults that need to be resolved, and WILL be resolved, and one of its biggest faults is its need to use force rather than peace through the Spirit.
Amen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 12:31 PM

33,227 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpethim View Post
The correlation between the two is not direct. The 2 wars of the last century came as men followed their instincts of greed and power. There are evil people in this world that would like to lay claim to inventing plans for the conquest of all sorts of things, but they are only subject to their own slavery to sin. One such person was Albert Pike, who gave the plan and reason for the wars, saying that there would be one more war to finish the plan. So far, what he said has come true. The letter may have never been written, but just the fact that this information is given prophetically, and then comes true, is reason for study.

People of power have been trying and fighting to gain more and more money and control since ancient times, and a careful study of these things, including the last 2000 years, can be shown from a historical perspective, to be written prophetically in the Bible.

The rise of fundamentalism is not so easy to trace, yet it is a development of church history. Even many Christians fail to realize that the last 2000 years have been a time of goodness mixed with sin, in which God has allowed the Holy Spirit to be a promise given to those that would receive, that would grow right along side (and within) a mixture that is leavened with corruption. God's plan is to eventually divide those that desire to follow God's plan of using the Spirit, versus those that would use force and coercion. God said, "Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit". The last 2000 years has been a time of forcefulness in coercing people to join and fight against others, along with a time of some people being convinced peacefully by the Spirit and coming into an understanding of the true peace of God.

I don't belong to any church, but I often visit a Christian church close to my home. One mile away from this church is the factory that builds the infamous Apache Helicopter. Many of us know of the death and destruction that this war bird has caused. It is an awesomely fearful machine! As I sit in church, oftentimes I think of how many of the people in the congregation work at that plant building death and destruction, and how they deal with it. I don't blame them for working there, any more than I blame the soldiers of our country for being forced to fight in invented wars. It's part of the age in which we live, yet I am surprised that there is so little said about these things as being against God's plan of eventual peace. So few people understand the depths of sin that our country has plunged to. You see, I too, have come to see these things as they are after dealing directly with the military, the illegality of the IRS, the corruption of our government officials, and so many other things, and even though I have come to realize that the US government may as well be known as an arm of antichrist, I have to realize that only with God's direct intervention to planet earth of the Second Coming, will these things begin to be corrected.

Paul said that there would be a falling away before Jesus comes and the Day of peace begins, but few of us realize how each and every one of us is surrounded by darkness. I honor those that are seeking peace, and those that help others, and I despise the depths of ignorance of those who don't recognize the sin in our midst, the corruption that is besetting us, but it's the ignorance that I despise, not the person. This is the REAL antichrist! Antichrist means "In place of Christ". Jesus proved with His life that He would not use force or coercion to bring about His Kingdom, and He has stayed true to His word. Christianity, as a corporate group has not. Do I hate Christianity? No...It is a mixture that has done its job of revealing the hearts of men, both good and bad, right and wrong. The plan of Albert Pike, that I mentioned before, was to divide and conquer; to eventually pit Christanity against Judaism, and Islam. The plan is unfolding as we can see, and the US Government is playing a pivital part in this evil. I hate the fact that we have to go through all of this corruption to reach peace, but it surely is close. Yes, Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Light, and Jews and Muslims need Jesus as the way to the Father that they don't understand or don't want to understand, but Christianity also has a great many faults that need to be resolved, and WILL be resolved, and one of its biggest faults is its need to use force rather than peace through the Spirit.

Actually, when Christ returns and establishes His Millennial kingdom on the earth it will indeed be by force as He destroys the armies which seek to oppose Him (Zech 14:1-3; Revelation 19:11-21). As the statue in Nebuchadnezzar's dream indicates (Daniel chapter 2), the 10 rulers in existence when Christ returns will be destroyed by Him. And Jesus will rule with a rod of iron. Psalm 2 tells us that when Jesus establishes His kingdom He will break the rebellious nations with a rod of iron and will shatter them like pottery.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:27 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Actually, when Christ returns and establishes His Millennial kingdom on the earth it will indeed be by force as He destroys the armies which seek to oppose Him (Zech 14:1-3; Revelation 19:11-21). As the statue in Nebuchadnezzar's dream indicates (Daniel chapter 2), the 10 rulers in existence when Christ returns will be destroyed by Him. And Jesus will rule with a rod of iron. Psalm 2 tells us that when Jesus establishes His kingdom He will break the rebellious nations with a rod of iron and will shatter them like pottery.
...give ignorant men a script, and they will follow it to the letter.

"The Scriptures are syncretistic (mixed and blended) in nature; as written by men."

Last edited by Jerwade; 07-06-2014 at 01:35 PM..

Old 07-06-2014, 01:32 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
Jesus commanding an army of angels is not the same as fundamentalist Christianity crying "let loose the dogs of war," and voting in the politicians who wage it for the glory of corporations--and to keep us with cheap oil.

Old 07-06-2014, 01:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Comparing Jesus Christ to a tribal god of your ancestors is so 2000 BC

Old 07-06-2014, 01:46 PM

153 posts, read 150,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzyrules View Post
do you think there is any correlation between the world wars and the rise of christian fundamentalism in the early 1900s?
no

Old 07-06-2014, 02:04 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
edited: because I really don't want to start talking politics on this forum...

Last edited by .sparrow.; 07-06-2014 at 02:12 PM..

Old 07-06-2014, 02:14 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
That's not what was emphasized, but it's all you saw in what was said due to; a difficulty in reading comprehension?
If you esteem wars as a good thing, which they never are - then you have more than a reading problem.

"Sending a bandage is not the same as that of preventing a wound."

Instead of praying for victory; pray for peace.
if you think I said war is a good thing, then it is obviously not me who has reading comprehension problems.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
That's not what was emphasized, but it's all you saw in what was said due to; a difficulty in reading comprehension?
If you esteem wars as a good thing, which they never are - then you have more than a reading problem.

"Sending a bandage is not the same as that of preventing a wound."

Instead of praying for victory; pray for peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
if you think I said war is a good thing, then it is obviously not me who has reading comprehension problems.
If, is a small word that carries a bigger meaning.
Now, if, you want to hide behind what you thought?
And avoid, what I was emphasizing - that's fine with me.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:54 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
If, is a small word that carries a bigger meaning.
Now, if, you want to hide behind what you thought?
And avoid, what I was emphasizing - that's fine with me.
straining at gnats and swallowing a camel i think is what Jesus( not pcamps) said.

Maybe we should put that camel( carnal thinking) on a diet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity