Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 06:11 AM

16,728 posts, read 15,734,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
Everything that's done in the world has a Masonic twist because they currently run everything.

There are "signs" of them everywhere. just look around.
Masons certainly do not run everything. They aren't even particularly influential in the government in modern times. The last President that was a member was Gerald Ford, and before that, was Harry Truman.

You came in here and started a thread with a lie, and , when challenged with the truth, you simply replied with another lie. You have not even posted a link to one of those laughable anti-masonic sites.

Of course there are many Masonic "signs" in the world. Masons often show their civic pride by performing a dedication ceremony to lay the cornerstone for a new public building. As a result, the cornerstone often has a commemoration date and a masonic symbol. Their symbol is on their buildings.

A little simple research would have easily shown that the symbols on the dollar bill you mentioned are not masonic symbols. The all-seeing eye appears in many places in history. The unfinished pyramid was described by the designers of the US seal as a symbol that the work of creating a more perfect union was an unfinished task.

You know, lots of organizations, including the masons, have reasons for criticism. They are not perfect, but the DO perform a lot of good, worthwhile functions in our society. It is irresponsible of you to post all this tripe without doing a LITTLE research to find out the truth.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
What Lies? Are there not Masonic "signs" and imagery woven deeply into this society from past Presidents, to the Constitution and Declaration of Independence they wrote, and every monument, document, statue and sacred place in America?

*The majority of Pastors/Preachers are FreeMasons.

For all I know, YOU'RE a FreeMason. they are everywhere.
Masons did not write the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution. As I mentioned in my last post, masons often volunteer to perform the dedication ceremony for public buildings. This has happened a lot throughout history, particularly with monuments. In areas I'm familiar with, this has not been common with sacred places (churches). Masons would generally tend to avoid making the appearance of favoritism by dedicating a Methodist building if the didn't also do a Baptist one, or even an Islamic mosque.

Although a know 2 or 3 ministers that are masons, it is far from being a majority. Religion is not a proper topic for discussion at masonic lodges. Differences in religious opinions might disturb the peace and harmony that exists among the members.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:23 AM

250 posts, read 219,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Both were Masons.

There is a large list of masons here: A few famous freemasons I trust the list because a) it says it is incomplete, and b) it is compiled by masons. BTW, there are lots of lists on the Internet. Finding one is easy. Most of them will have John Hancock and Sam Adams on them.
The Masonic compiled list I read (made by US Masons) claim they were never members.

While I do see John Hancock listed on a page linked to the page you gave a link to, I cannot find Sam Adams on any list.

Last edited by Faith_Plus_Nothing; 07-13-2014 at 06:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
I don't.

Seeing as ALL of the Founding Fathers were Freemasons that dabbled in witchcraft and all. I would venture to say this country was founded on Masonic prinicples more than Christian ones.

From Washington all the way up to Obama. Freemasons.
Quote:
What Lies? Are there not Masonic "signs" and imagery woven deeply into this society from past Presidents, to the Constitution and Declaration of Independence they wrote, and every monument, document, statue and sacred place in America?

*The majority of Pastors/Preachers are FreeMasons.

For all I know, YOU'RE a FreeMason. they are everywhere.
The lies in your first post. I bolded and highlighted them for you. You claim "ALL of the Founding Fathers were Freemasons" which is a lie.

Why must you lie?

Do you also see black helicopters?

Old 07-13-2014, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
It's ALWAYS Witchcraft and most of those saying it have no idea what they are talking about.

Many of the Founding Fathers were Deists NOT "Christians".
Quote:
A Deist is one who believes in "a GOD". It could be the GOD of GOLD or the GOD of Dirt, etc... which means they could've been worshipping Cows or Peter Pan as GOD for all we know. so to say they were Diests makes them look even more wicked.

and I agree, I KNOW they weren't Christians.
Truth: We think a few of the Founders were deists. Jefferson, Franklin, Washington all come to mind. Nobody will ever know for sure what was in their minds. Personally, I think that it was a death sentence in that day and time to admit you were an atheist, so some people gave lip service to religion, and we now take that lip service and call it Deism. Deism does not specify what god a person believes in but does omit the worship of Jesus from their beliefs. (Hmmm. That also applies to Judaism and Islam, doesn't it.)

BTW, since the Constitution specifically prohibits the government from getting involved in religion, what possible difference could it make what religion each of the Founders practiced?

Old 07-13-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Both were Masons.

There is a large list of masons here: A few famous freemasons I trust the list because a) it says it is incomplete, and b) it is compiled by masons. BTW, there are lots of lists on the Internet. Finding one is easy. Most of them will have John Hancock and Sam Adams on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
The Masonic compiled list I read (made by US Masons) claim they were never members.
I'll stand corrected on Sam Adams. (He was busy brewing beer for the other Founders!) John Hancock was a member of St. Andrews Lodge in Boston. The interesting thing about St. Andrew Lodge is that the meeting records for December 16, 1773, indicate that no meeting was held due to a lack of a quorum.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
I don't.

Seeing as ALL of the Founding Fathers were Freemasons that dabbled in witchcraft and all. I would venture to say this country was founded on Masonic prinicples more than Christian ones.

From Washington all the way up to Obama. Freemasons.
They were Christians, except the 1.9% who were universalists.

Religious Affiliation of U.S. Founding Fathers

Episcopalian/Anglican 54.7%
Presbyterian 18.6%
Congregationalist 16.8%
Quaker 4.3%
Dutch Reformed/German Reformed 3.7%
Lutheran 3.1%
Catholic 1.9%
Huguenot 1.9%
Unitarian 1.9%
Methodist 1.2%
Calvinist 0.6%

Old 07-13-2014, 06:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It was founded on "freedom" from Religion.
Although, you are entitled to your own beliefs.
No, it wasn't. If it was, then the federal government would have the authority to tell States to grant such freedoms to their citizens, but the Fed Gov does not have such authority. Many States actually had laws which made church attendance mandatory, and the 1st amendment makes it impossible for the federal government to do anything about it.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
I'll stand corrected on Sam Adams. (He was busy brewing beer for the other Founders!) John Hancock was a member of St. Andrews Lodge in Boston. The interesting thing about St. Andrew Lodge is that the meeting records for December 16, 1773, indicate that no meeting was held due to a lack of a quorum.
My point was that the OP cannot support his claims and he lies. Lies are not a Christian attribute and exposes something about him. I say it's the wrong formula. Or too much Sam Adams!!!!

Old 07-13-2014, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
My point was that the OP cannot support his claims and he lies. Lies are not a Christian attribute and exposes something about him. I say it's the wrong formula. Or too much Sam Adams!!!!
It's hard to get too much Sam Adams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity