Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 06:12 PM

88,546 posts, read 84,738,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
You don't read your Bible so I can't. and even if I posted the scripture you would find a way to twist it. but Maybe your Pastor can help you?...or not.

but heres' a clue, He was born in the month of Abib. not the dead of Winter Soltice. that's Paganism.

Now go ye and researcheth the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
Can you show that from scripture? I see where it would indicate a fall timeframe based on the timing given about the birth of John and when Mary conceived. You can use the course of service at the temple for Johns father and work it out pretty close. It has been sometime since I looked at all the details but I am sure if you did a search you could find it on the internet.
Luckily for OneFormula, the bible he picked up at a yard sale had the original birth announcement from the Bethlehem Gazette tucked inside the pages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 07:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Why so many unlearned "Christians" in this forum?

I have been waiting for the educated to answer this question, but they (he/she) appears to be focused on Paganism?

Quote:
"How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices? Manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhuman atrocities; and acts of self-righteousness, without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?"

Memo:

Please, do not confuse any answer with that of a "Christmas" toy, or an "Easter" egg?

Quote:
You don't read your Bible so I can't.
I do, and I am still waiting for an educated answer?

Old 07-17-2014, 09:29 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,584,562 times
Quote:
This is proof that a LOT of you "Christians" are being mislead by your churches and are NOT studying your Bibles at all, just carrying them in your hand when you walk into the building (fashion show).

Denouncing Yeshua's words when they are plain as day, denouncing prophecy when it's right in your face, disregarding the OT as if is was a waste of writing, Not knowing who Satan and Lucifer are 2 separate beings, Not recognizing the "times" we are in, etc...the list goes on.... It seems like you "Christians' only believe the "Jesus is Love" doctrine and nothing more else that he proclaimed and taught. Not keeping one commandment

why is that "Christians"?
Hi - not knowing you in real life, but by reading what you have to say, I think you may have been taught the hellfire and brimstone type preaching, and I think perhaps you want to rescue as many people from hell, so i think perhaps you mean well.

If you feel though that we must all live according to your standards, and there are many verses in the Bible that - they do not contradict - but you must know how to read it within context, and read other verses that keep you from misunderstanding the Word of God, i.,e. we cant just pick a verse here and not consider other verses that give you the whole picture.

I do believe the Word of God is perfect, has no condradictions and we are to serve God with holiness and with grace. We are continually being transformed each day into being Christ-like but since we are human and not born with a sinless nature like Jesus, we will stumble, but then we repent from it, and go and sin no more.

I do not believe ONLY Jesus is love, as he preached about Hell much. He doens'nt want us to go there. there are many things that the Bible talks about, its not just love and its not just judgment. There are many issues in there to consider. One of them grace. forgiveness, etc.

Jesus is the Lamb of God, and also the Lion of Judah. You might be preaching Jesus the Lion of Judah.

As for me, I cannot speak for anyone else here. And I testify to you that Jesus Christ is my savior and my Lord, and I have been redeemed, and am continually growing. I am far from perfect, I know some things in my life are not totally perfect, but I'm going to seek the Lord and live for Him. I pray that He will accept me into heaven when its my time, not because of my righteousness, which is NONE. but because of the righteousness Jesus has imputed to me, wiped away my sin account, and living a lifestyle of serving the Lord. If i sin, I should not sin, but if I sin, I have an advocate with the Father - Jesus Christ the righteous.

if thats not good enough for you, it doens't matter. Its Christ I serve and have to please. You dont bother me because I have heard the same kind of "holiness" type of fire and brimstone preaching that used to be more prevalent when I was younger. Or maybe you are some kind of religion which believes in works-based salvation, i dont know.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:36 AM

214 posts, read 230,685 times
Quote:
This is proof that a LOT of you "Christians" are being mislead by your churches and are NOT studying your Bibles at all, just carrying them in your hand when you walk into the building (fashion show).

Denouncing Yeshua's words when they are plain as day, denouncing prophecy when it's right in your face, disregarding the OT as if is was a waste of writing, Not knowing who Satan and Lucifer are 2 separate beings, Not recognizing the "times" we are in, etc...the list goes on.... It seems like you "Christians' only believe the "Jesus is Love" doctrine and nothing more else that he proclaimed and taught. Not keeping one commandment

Funny you should mention adhering to The Word, since Christ also taught us "unlearned Christians" to beware of false prophets and those who proclaim they know the time in which the Lord will come. You seem to possess the sad and misguided belief that you are some sort of modern-day prophet and are thus privy to inside knowledge about our times. And, hallelujeah! You even have mind-reading abilities and know what we think and believe even though you have not met us.
Jesus warned us about people like you; you would have made a good Pharisee.
No offense. Hell, you'll probably even take that as a compliment!

Peace.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:27 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,584,562 times
Moderator cut: quote referred to possible Moderator action

the one good thing that can come out of it is being able to know what is true Christianity.. sometimes we find it in the way others believe. when I was challenged by someone it made me even more sure what I believed was true. and nothing could shake that.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-18-2014 at 01:33 PM.. Reason: Discussing Moderator action

Old 07-18-2014, 11:32 AM

Moderator cut: quote referred to possible Moderator action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
the one good thing that can come out of it is being able to know what is true Christianity.. sometimes we find it in the way others believe. when I was challenged by someone it made me even more sure what I believed was true. and nothing could shake that.
You will believe, what you believe; until, you no longer believe it.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-18-2014 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Discussing possible Moderator action

Old 07-18-2014, 11:34 AM

250 posts, read 218,902 times
Quote:
I don't believe you!

Old 07-18-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith_Plus_Nothing View Post
I don't believe you!
Of course not!

Old 07-18-2014, 02:35 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:

11. Thou shalt not bait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity