Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 07:39 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,248,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Modalism
Modalism, also called Sabellianism, is the unorthodox belief that God is one person who has revealed himself in three forms or modes in contrast to the Trinitarian doctrine where God is one being eternally existing in three persons. According to Modalism, during the incarnation, Jesus was simply God acting in one mode or role, and the Holy Spirit at Pentecost was God acting in a different mode. Thus, God does not exist as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit at the same time. Rather, He is one person and has merely manifested himself in these three modes at various times. Modalism thus denies the basic distinctiveness and coexistence of the three persons of the Trinity.

Modalism was condemned by Tertullian (c. 213, Tertullian Against Praxeas 1, in Ante Nicene Fathers, vol. 3). Also known as Sabellianism, it was condemned as heresy by Dionysius, bishop of Rome (c. 262).

Modalism is probably the most common theological error concerning the nature of God (i.e., who God is). "Present day groups that hold to forms of this error are the United Pentecostal and United Apostolic Churches. They deny the Trinity, teach that the name of God is Jesus... modalist churches often accuse Trinitarians of teaching three gods. This is not what the Trinity is. The correct teaching of the Trinity is one God in three eternal coexistent persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit." - http://www.theopedia.com/Modalism
GINOLJC,
thanks for the respond.

Lets examine what you have said,
during the incarnation, Jesus was simply God acting in one mode or role, and the Holy Spirit at Pentecost was God acting in a different mode.

here is your first ERROR. you said, “Jesus was simply God acting in one mode or role, and the Holy Spirit at Pentecost was God acting in a different mode. Jesus is not acting, nor in a mode, he is GOD shared in flesh. Supportive scripture, 1 Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. so you don’t believe GOD, yes GOD was MAN IFESTED in the Flesh, no role, no acting, as he said it is I, him, (smile)..... LOL. he said, GOD, the Lord JESUS, "if you believe NOT that I am he, you will die in your sins. (smile).

second ERROR of yours, you said, “Thus, God does not exist as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit at the same time. did I say that, or your definition that you're trying to push on me, (smile). you better understand diversity, by sharing. he exist as title holder Father, and title holder son at the same TIME, who is the Spirit, the HOLY Spirit, one PERSON. just read John 3:13, (smile). that's what I said, just what the bible said, are you calling the bible Modalism?, well. get the story right. and while on EARTH as a man was not the HOLY SPIRIT in him?. listen Luke 4:18 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised”. supportive scripture, John 14:11 "Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. who is the ME?, that man, who share the nature that is God , read phil 2:6, not a role, for a mode, but God, LOL. see only one PERSON, but you have three PERSON, that’s Modalism in reverse, and you can’t even see it. LOL. blind as a bat. oh well.

then your third ERROR, you said, “Rather, He is one person and has merely manifested himself in these three modes at various times. Modalism thus denies the basic distinctiveness and coexistence of the three persons of the Trinity”. LOL, LOL, LOL, ..................... I almost fell out of my chair when I read this. “distinctiveness and coexistence”, are you really hearing what you’re saying. LISTEN to the BIBLE,

#1 Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. there is no coexistence, when you say the FATHER is God, and the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God and you say that they are distinctive, YOU JUST VIOLATED THE WORD OF GOD. notice the wording in Isaiah 44:6, it have no God, the “G” in God is capitalized, so when you say three (G)od distinctiveness and coexistence that straight out polytheism, Modalism in reverse, you have three God, LOL.

#2. Isaiah 44:8 "Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
again, notice the cap “G” in God. God, don’t know any second person, or a third person as you have, LOL. boy this is good.

#3. Isaiah 45:5 "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me” “I” is a single designation, you have three single designation, because remember you said that they are distinctive, so again that polytheism. you have three person with your trinity.

#4. Isaiah 45:21 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. if you say Jesus the son is a separate PERSON, then he is no SAVIOUR. for there is only ONE SAVIOUR, and in your separating that is division, and God is not divided.

so try again. and get out of polytheism, and Modalism in reverse and come to the Lord Jesus.

PS before you accuse me of a doctrine I don't support, understand what I been saying. desperate people get desperate in time of trouble. and the time is NOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 11:30 AM

GINOLJC
Last time we look at the Lamb standing, and the King sitting. for years most Christians have said, the Father sits on the throne, and the son is the Lamb standing. well I beg to differ. it is the ONE and SAME person whom we call by the Epithet, “GOD”, who is the only true SPIRIT, and that's the Holy Spirit. lets again look at the EVERLASTING ONE from the OLD TESTAMENT perspective, and see who really sits on the throne. and in this very scene, here, in Revelation chapter 5, we can understand Psalms 110:1. "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. lets examine this scripture carefully.

if you will, turn to Marks Gospel concerning David son?. listen to the record, Mark 12:35 "And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David? 36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool. 37 David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly”. did one see the revelation right in front of our eyes?. listen to marks account carefully. verse 36, “For David himself said by the Holy Ghost. hold it, I thought it was by the spirit that he spake, lets check the record in Matthew 22:43 "He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying”. well which is right, by, “the Holy Ghost” of Marks gospel, or in “spirit” according to Matthews gospel. notice the small case “s” in spirit, in Matthews gospel. to the natural, or carnal mind, one would say that's not the Holy Spirit. so which one is it, and which one is correct?. as the bible states, test the spirit by the Spirit. Zechariah 4:6 "Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts. the LORD, all cap refers to his spirit with a small case “s” in spirit, (smile), well, well, well, now aint that something, before I answer that I’ll let the residents expert come up with some explanation, boy, oh boy, I’m loving this.
now that we know that the LORD have a small case “s” in spirit, lets continue.

lets look at the psalmagain and insert Marks, and Matthews accounts into it, JUST FOR CLEARITY, and the point to be made, listen, Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD (Holy Ghost) said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I (Holy Ghost) make thine enemies thy footstool. did we get that?. now Revelation chapter 5, question, who was sent into all the earth?, answer, the Holy Ghost, Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth”. I’m making a bold statement here, the HOLY GHOST IS THE LAMB, and JESUS IS THE LAMB, WHOM IS GOD. but you will say, the Christ is the Lamb, yes I know that, but Christ is God. Revelation 3:1 "And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead”, who is the “he”, here?, who have the seven spirit of God, just as the Lamb, and who art dead?. answer, the one who have the seven stars in his hand, so the question, who have the seven stars?, answer, Revelation 1:16 "And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength”. so who is this?, back up to verse 13 and lets see. "And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle”. well, well, well, the Son of Man, is the Lamb, who is the Lord.but is he, the Son of Man, the Lord, the HOLY GHOST, who is GOD?. YES, I can go directly to 2 Corinthians 3:17a and make quick work of that answer, "Now the Lord is that Spirit”. my, my, my. but is it not GOD, the one who sits on the throne is also the “Lord”, the same person?, YES, scripture, Revelation 16:5 "And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus”. and is not he, the Lord, who is the, which art, and wast, and shalt be, is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, THE ALMIGHTY?. lets see, Revelation 1:8 "I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty”. there he is, the SAME PERSON, and now get this, AT THE SAME TIME. see no Modalism here, the same PERSON, at the same time in heaven and on earth. because the Holy Spirit who is God was sent into “ALL THE EARTH”. there he is, all at the same time. just as 1 Corinthians 12:6 states,"And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. the SAME GOD which worketh all in all.

my God, just how many way can one explain “diversity”?. not three person, not two person, but only one person, shared. not any distinctiveness and coexistence, but only the “diversified” spirit in flesh, notice the small case "s" in spirit, (smile). the one God who worketh ALL in ALL,

People listen up. Modalism is the work of the devil, he just flipped the script on us. he put Modalism in reverse and called it trinity, and no one really took the time to read their bibles to see if there is really three PERSONS, or three TITLES of the SAME ONE PERSON. just read this posts again, as a matter of fact read all of my posts and judge for yourself. just read and judge, and one can see the TRUTH.

Old 08-16-2014, 02:07 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,077,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
GINOLJC,
thanks for the respond.

Lets examine what you have said,
during the incarnation, Jesus was simply God acting in one mode or role, and the Holy Spirit at Pentecost was God acting in a different mode.

here is your first ERROR. you said, “Jesus was simply God acting in one mode or role, and the Holy Spirit at Pentecost was God acting in a different mode. Jesus is not acting, nor in a mode, he is GOD shared in flesh. Supportive scripture, 1 Timothy 3:16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. so you don’t believe GOD, yes GOD was MAN IFESTED in the Flesh, no role, no acting, as he said it is I, him, (smile)..... LOL. he said, GOD, the Lord JESUS, "if you believe NOT that I am he, you will die in your sins. (smile).

second ERROR of yours, you said, “Thus, God does not exist as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit at the same time. did I say that, or your definition that you're trying to push on me, (smile). you better understand diversity, by sharing. he exist as title holder Father, and title holder son at the same TIME, who is the Spirit, the HOLY Spirit, one PERSON. just read John 3:13, (smile). that's what I said, just what the bible said, are you calling the bible Modalism?, well. get the story right. and while on EARTH as a man was not the HOLY SPIRIT in him?. listen Luke 4:18 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised”. supportive scripture, John 14:11 "Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. who is the ME?, that man, who share the nature that is God , read phil 2:6, not a role, for a mode, but God, LOL. see only one PERSON, but you have three PERSON, that’s Modalism in reverse, and you can’t even see it. LOL. blind as a bat. oh well.

then your third ERROR, you said, “Rather, He is one person and has merely manifested himself in these three modes at various times. Modalism thus denies the basic distinctiveness and coexistence of the three persons of the Trinity”. LOL, LOL, LOL, ..................... I almost fell out of my chair when I read this. “distinctiveness and coexistence”, are you really hearing what you’re saying. LISTEN to the BIBLE,

#1 Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. there is no coexistence, when you say the FATHER is God, and the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God and you say that they are distinctive, YOU JUST VIOLATED THE WORD OF GOD. notice the wording in Isaiah 44:6, it have no God, the “G” in God is capitalized, so when you say three (G)od distinctiveness and coexistence that straight out polytheism, Modalism in reverse, you have three God, LOL.

#2. Isaiah 44:8 "Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
again, notice the cap “G” in God. God, don’t know any second person, or a third person as you have, LOL. boy this is good.

#3. Isaiah 45:5 "I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me” “I” is a single designation, you have three single designation, because remember you said that they are distinctive, so again that polytheism. you have three person with your trinity.

#4. Isaiah 45:21 "Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. if you say Jesus the son is a separate PERSON, then he is no SAVIOUR. for there is only ONE SAVIOUR, and in your separating that is division, and God is not divided.

so try again. and get out of polytheism, and Modalism in reverse and come to the Lord Jesus.

PS before you accuse me of a doctrine I don't support, understand what I been saying. desperate people get desperate in time of trouble. and the time is NOW.

No one is paying attention to your modalistic preaching, which is what it is...You try to fit a square peg in a round hole...

Old 08-16-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No one is paying attention to your modalistic preaching, which is what it is...You try to fit a square peg in a round hole...
well then, why are you paying so much attention to what I'm posting?, (smile). trying to learn something

I'm like my Lord and Saviour, "its hard to kick against the prick"

so, as long as I got you reading, that's good .

Old 08-17-2014, 08:38 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,077,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
well then, why are you paying so much attention to what I'm posting?, (smile). trying to learn something

I'm like my Lord and Saviour, "its hard to kick against the prick"

so, as long as I got you reading, that's good .
You are not making any impact...

Old 08-18-2014, 07:45 AM

GINOLJC

The book of Isaiah

a Book of “Diversity”, the God of ONE, in number

Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

lets keep our facts in place, for the sake of argument.

premise #1. when we use the term “God” most Christian say this is the “Father”. and will use this scripture as to support this claim. 1 Corinthians 8:6 "But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him”. most Christian, not all, will say that the word God here is speaking of the Father, so the Word God = Father, and the word Lord = Jesus the Christ. just for argument sake we will use these identification. so as to most they say TWO PERSON.

premise #2. The Lord, (Son), is not the LORD, (God), it’s TWO separate People, or Person, and they back this up with, John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent”. they say that this clearly separate the Father from the Son. just for argument sake we will use these identification. as most say, TWO PERSON.

premise #3. and in using the word God, most christian, not all, will say, God the Father NAME is, Yah-weh, or Jehovah, and the Son NAME is Jesus. again for argument sake we will use these identification.

premise #4. question, with a title Father, and a title Son, where do this leave the one who most call the Holy Ghost, or, the Holy Spirit?. what is his name, since most say he’s a person too, making THREE PERSONS.

as we read our bibles, did our Lord’s own hand picked apostle knew that he was God, the EVERLASTING ONE in the Flesh?, YES, when he open their understanding. as we read, we overlook evidence in front of our eyes. lets start with the lead apostle, Peter, since we're still on the "everlasting" one. on the day of Pentecost, the apostles was preaching to the people. and the people responded with a question, “what shall we do?”, (acts 2:27). and the apostle Peter responded with these words. Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation”. as we read these verses, we over look an important statement that the apostle makes here. did one see it?, read it again. if not, here it is. look at verse 39, I’ll highlight and bold what we’re looking for. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. notice the words he used, the Lord OUR God. the Lord is God, just as Thomas said, “My Lord, and my God”. YES, Jesus the Christ is Lord, (in flesh), and he is God, (in Spirit). for he himself said, John 14:11 "Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. the same person, only shared. now what did this statement of Peter here, in acts 2:39, do ?. it eliminate premise #1, 2 and 3 all at the same time. lets start with premise #2 first, it states, The Lord, (Son), is not the LORD, (God), it’s TWO separate People, or Person, and they back this up with, John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent”. they say that this clearly separate the Father from the Son. well clearly, we see that the Lord is God, (the eternal Spirit), one Person, Lord God in flesh as the bible states. there is no “and” in between the words Lord God, so John 17:3 as they used to prove two person fails again. now, knowing this, premise #1 fall also. why, because they say God = Father, they say, Son = Lord, so we see this argument falls also. when statements keep failing as we see, one need to check on what they are really, really saying. so the apostle Peter testify against these premises #1, 2, and now, #3 as to who is the NAME of God. since the Lord is God, and the Lord’s name is JESUS, and he is the same person, then God's name as we been saying is JESUS. lets prove this out by God himself. Romans 14:11 "For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. notice the word "Lord" that the apostle use. so where was this written at?, answer, Isaiah 45:23 "I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear”. Who is the, “I”, “myself”, “my”, and the "me” here in this verse?, answer, the LORD GOD of the old testament. the one whom you call yah-weh, and jehovah. well lets see who it really is, Philippians 2:10 "That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth”. WHO ARE OUR KNEES BOWING TO?. answer, JESUS, case closed. a rock singer, back in the day, by the name of George Clinton, he had a song called, “the Atomic dog”. I know this is before you time, for many of you. but his lyrics went something like this. Bow-wow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah, Bow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah, Bow-wow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah, Bow-wow-yippie-yo-yippie-yeah. YES, every knee will “BOW”, and every tongue, (phil very next verse 11), will said, “yippie-YEAH”, or YES, Lord JESUS, to the Glory of GOD. and God name that is GLORIFIED is above all NAMES, JESUS. God is the greater witness, for none is greater than God, who is the Lord JESUS, him I call for the witness.

if one cannot believe GOD himself, ?????????????. then it’s a wrap them, 2 Corinthians 4:3 "But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. John 3:18 "He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God”. and that name is JESUS. and what is that belief in that name?, John 16:8 "And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me”. read that again.
yes, that name, the name that is above every name, even above the tetragrammaton, YHWH, now aint that 101c something . for the tetragrammaton only identify WHAT he is, but the NAME “JESUS” Identify WHO he IS. it is at the Name of JESUS, not some, suppose UN-PRONOUNCED, four letter name which no body knows, and only guessed at. a made up name by man and put on the TRUE GOD without his permission. you know where I’m going with this, it's called blas?????. the Lord God of the Holy prophets, the one who sent his angel to John, the one whom Peter preached on Pentecost, have already told you his name, Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

God, the Lord God of the Holy prophets have told you his name, now, here in Revelation, and when he came into the world as the child of Isaiah 9:6. listen again, Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife. 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

now if God is with us, and premise #1 say, the Father is God, then Isaiah 9:6, where it say “EVERLASTING FATHER” is proved out again. and it also supports 1 Timothy 3:16 which states, "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. there is no controversy, why do I say this. some have claim that the word “GOD”, here is not in the original texts. but God is in the original texts in Matthew 1:23. and the way God was with us, was by being in what we are in, “FLESH & bones”, with blood. see how the bible confirm itself. just let the bible interpret it self. scripture, 2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. so quit trying to interpret the bible based on any previous made beliefs, or doctrines. just believe the bible for what it says. don’t add, or subtract, but RIGHTLY DIVIDE.

may God, the Lord JESUS open your understanding.

be blessed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity