Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 02:04 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,405,743 times

Advertisements

Growing up I always believed that death was an unnatural thing and that man in Christ could live forever and never needed to die. I never really questioned this belief because I thought all christians believed likewise. I thought this was a standard principle of those who believed in Christ. So it came as a bit of a shock to find out that I seemingly am the only one here who believes that man does not have to die a physical death.

So lets look at this together and see if this childlike faith I had growing up stands the test or whether it was just a young childs fancy.

I will gather some scripture later ( I'm at work right now on lunch) and be back to post them, maybe today and maybe tomorrow. In the mean time if anyone has any scriptures that show that we have to die please give them so I can look at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 02:07 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,801,417 times
Nothing is inevitable except death and taxes, but being taxed to death is not!

Look, the Apostles of Jesus all died. So yeah, death is inevitable.

Now then, if you are talking about the final death, the last judgement, then that is a different discussion.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Nothing is inevitable except death and taxes, but being taxed to death is not!

Look, the Apostles of Jesus all died. So yeah, death is inevitable.

Now then, if you are talking about the final death, the last judgement, then that is a different discussion.
Nope talking about a physical death. So as you say it is inevitable please give scripture that states such.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:11 PM

550 posts, read 517,996 times
Yes. We are commanded once to live, and then the judgement. Hebrews 9:27-28

So we are allowed ONE chance to impress GOD or just be wood for the fire. back to dust.

This is why LIFE is called a "Present". Respect it. Love it. Build it. Seek Him. Win.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFormula View Post
Yes. We are commanded once to live, and then the judgement.

So we are allowed ONE chance to impress GOD or just be wood for the fire. back to dust.

This is why LIFE is called a "Present". Respect it. Love it. Build it. Seek Him. Win.
Please give scripture to back up your belief, otherwise it is only your opinion.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:18 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,449,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Growing up I always believed that death was an unnatural thing and that man in Christ could live forever and never needed to die. I never really questioned this belief because I thought all christians believed likewise. I thought this was a standard principle of those who believed in Christ. So it came as a bit of a shock to find out that I seemingly am the only one here who believes that man does not have to die a physical death.

So lets look at this together and see if this childlike faith I had growing up stands the test or whether it was just a young childs fancy.

I will gather some scripture later ( I'm at work right now on lunch) and be back to post them, maybe today and maybe tomorrow. In the mean time if anyone has any scriptures that show that we have to die please give them so I can look at them.
Bot for everyone.

Those alive at the end do not die.

ASV Revelation 7:14 And I say unto him, My lord, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they that come of the great tribulation, and they washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

The words "came out" indicate they went through it and were still alive and on earth. While those who gop to heaven must die, even if just in the twinkling of an eye, those who come out of the GT do not die. They then benefit from:

NIV Revelation 22:2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:34 PM

550 posts, read 517,996 times
Yeshua had to die in the flesh, so do we. no way around that. that IS the gate we must go through to get to the other side and see what The Most High has for us. Sadly, a LOT of people are not gonna like what he has waiting for them.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:01 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,568,016 times
I'm not sure I'm understanding the question? Is physical death inevitable? Do you know anyone who is over 120?

Old 07-02-2014, 03:22 PM

9,697 posts, read 10,046,682 times
In Acts 7:60....... There is a man Stephen who was full of faith in Jesus , but he came to the leaders of the Religion of his day and condemned them for killing Jesus and they were wrong , so they stoned him, and the scripture says : ``And he knelt down , and cried with a loud voice , Lord lay not this sin to their charge , and when he had said this he fell asleep ``...............See here is one scripture who Christians did not literally die , but they said he fell asleep ............. Jesus also said that God is the God of the living and not the dead and that Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob are still alive , to the people he was preaching to ......

Old 07-02-2014, 03:25 PM

198 posts, read 263,356 times
I Cor 5:50- I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity