Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was His death planned, and what was its purpose?
Gos planned it as a settlement for our sins, so that those who believe would have everlasting life 67 67.00%
Not planned by God, but His death still serves as an example and it "restores the community" 2 2.00%
Planned by God in order to release the Holy Spirit to men 5 5.00%
Jesus did not die for our sins, He was murdered 26 26.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 09:00 PM

63,942 posts, read 40,218,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
His redemptive work on the cross is what saves us from the penalty of sin. The things he taught us are only important AFTER we have placed our faith in Him.
"Without faith it is impossible to please God". Heb. 11:6
::Sigh::Don't forget the "Bibbity Bobbity Boo."

Last edited by MysticPhD; 05-06-2015 at 09:26 PM..

Old 05-06-2015, 09:21 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,823,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It appears that the only thing which has changed from the ANIMAL SACRIFICES is the wrapping paper?
Actually, that's correct, in a manner of speaking.

Hebrews 11

11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; 12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh, 14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Old 05-06-2015, 09:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,410,443 times
Quote:
It appears that the only thing which has changed from the ANIMAL SACRIFICES is the wrapping paper?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Actually, that's correct, in a manner of speaking.

Hebrews 11

11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; 12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh, 14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Authorship unknown, but perhaps, it was written by a Jewish-Christian?
In other words, the Bible is syncretistic in nature; a blending of various beliefs.

Inclusive of those that are Pagan; Roman, Greek and Egyptian Mythologies.

Last edited by Jerwade; 05-06-2015 at 09:56 PM..

Old 05-06-2015, 10:08 PM

Quote:
In other words, the Bible is syncretistic in nature; a blending of various beliefs.

As I'm sure you know, the Hebrews passage is backed up by many other passages, including the words of Christ.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:44 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,763,649 times
The more I read about why Jesus came here and died, the more confused I get. Heck, I am even confused when I read that Jesus was not God in the flesh but instead he was the son of God, but we are also God's children, so how are we different from Jesus then? And if you really think about it if our souls come from God giving us the breath of life then are we not also a part of God in the flesh? I think I need to stop thinking.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:28 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,270,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
The more I read about why Jesus came here and died, the more confused I get. Heck, I am even confused when I read that Jesus was not God in the flesh but instead he was the son of God, but we are also God's children, so how are we different from Jesus then? And if you really think about it if our souls come from God giving us the breath of life then are we not also a part of God in the flesh? I think I need to stop thinking.
Start with who and what Jesus did teach during His ministry. This will create an understanding and begin to build the "relationship" that is necessary to know Him.

Going in with predetermined ideas will confuse anyone. When we do that we start looking for things that may not make sense, but we try to make them support our preconceived images.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:11 AM

Quote:
If you sincerely want answers to this question, read the book of Hebrews.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:26 PM

45,696 posts, read 27,308,055 times
Quote:

You could not be more far off than you are here.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:50 PM

45,696 posts, read 27,308,055 times
Quote:
Yes, Jesus was the Son of God.

Some good text to read describing Jesus is Colossians 1:15-18.

You can get some of the dynamic between Jesus and the Father when Jesus prays to the Father in John 17:1-11

Old 05-08-2015, 12:22 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,955,987 times
Jesus went to the cross to die for our sins, we see the ugliness of sin as we see Him dying(bleeding to death) on the cross, sin is ugly. we need a Savior as we can't save ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity