Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 10:13 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,717,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
No one plans to protest loudly. They plan to be civil and just stand and pray respectfully. Nothing wrong with that.

Our healthcare was stated by Christians with opening hospitals. Study history.
I have studied the history of healthcare. My wife just retired after 30+ years as an administrator, the last employment from a denominationally related hospital. Her assessment--"they are just as crooked and hide as much from the public as publicly owned hospitals."

Try not studying the history DENOMINATIONS write.

And you do want to protest loudly. I'll bet any amount of money the TV trucks will be set up across the street and dozens of you protesters will be interviewed in hopes that someone will let fly with a zinger that can be seen on the local evening news.

And THAT is what "Christians" have turned into. Sound byte artists. And all the people can say "Praise God!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 05:04 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I have studied the history of healthcare. My wife just retired after 30+ years as an administrator, the last employment from a denominationally related hospital. Her assessment--"they are just as crooked and hide as much from the public as publicly owned hospitals."

Try not studying the history DENOMINATIONS write.

And you do want to protest loudly. I'll bet any amount of money the TV trucks will be set up across the street and dozens of you protesters will be interviewed in hopes that someone will let fly with a zinger that can be seen on the local evening news.

And THAT is what "Christians" have turned into. Sound byte artists. And all the people can say "Praise God!"
I hope it doesn't turn out like that but that would be the fault of the media, not the church holding the prayer service.

Old 09-09-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
I hope it doesn't turn out like that but that would be the fault of the media, not the church holding the prayer service.
IF one is aware that the media are going to show up--and goes anyway--then YES, it is the fault of the church. They were deliberately seeking attention.

Hold that prayer service in a closet like Jesus suggested.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
IF one is aware that the media are going to show up--and goes anyway--then YES, it is the fault of the church. They were deliberately seeking attention.

Hold that prayer service in a closet like Jesus suggested.
Jesus also said to go out in the town square and spread His words. No better way than this.

Old 09-09-2014, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Jesus also said to go out in the town square and spread His words. No better way than this.
Which verse of scripture was that--"Go tell the nations"--?

That can be done by missionaries, or at home by inviting the homeless to come to service and share a meal following--or simply by handing out tracts and singing Christian songs in the town square--in an area that isn't bringing on conflict with other groups. Of course our businesses should all be waving the Christian flag to see us downtown praising Jesus.

No matter how you try to word this, the church you are lifting up is attempting to fuel conflict--and egged on by a politician, no less. And that is exactly my point. American churches are primarily motivated by political dialogue--not by meekness, righteousness, caring, loving, and giving. And how's that been working out for us as a nation? Pretty crappy it appears. We have more churchgoers per 1000 citizens than virtually any other "Christian" nation, but the amount of real spirituality is a toilet bowl reality. And I believe it is because we let politicians call the shots on what is moral or immoral instead of just living it out and letting the witness of our lives do the good.

If Satanists want to protest Christian practices--let them. If they practice their belief--stay away from them. Why should Christians do the sort of thing that we are forever accusing the lost and sinful of doing. It's because we are no different from the world.

If you want to be a real Christian--stand up in your church and tell them that protesting the Satanist meeting publicly is the sort of thing that Pharisees would have done in Jesus' day. And that as real Christians your church should be having a prayer meeting in your own sanctuary praying for all those participating in Satanist practices that God would have mercy on them---then send them an invitation to come to your church following their convention for supper on the house (of God). And don't say a thing to any of them about who they are or what they practice. When they attempt to goad you, simply reply, "We want you to know that God loves you and because He does, we do too. And this is the way Christians respond to those that oppose them."

I know it doesn't appeal to you--and it doesn't because THAT is the way Jesus taught us to love our enemies and to pray for those that despitefully use us. If you only do good to those whom you love, how different are you from the Satanists?

Old 09-10-2014, 12:06 AM

Actually, that is what we are doing and have been doing ever since we heard of this black mass. Parishes around the country have been fasting and praying for it not to happen. Why, because it goes against Christ and our church, tries to mock it.

No politician is involved in this, only the arch-bishop of OK City and other religious in that city and around the country.

I am sure they would be very happy to invite the satanists to come to church, etc as you suggest. Now try to convince them to come if you want something to do.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Actually, that is what we are doing and have been doing ever since we heard of this black mass. Parishes around the country have been fasting and praying for it not to happen. Why, because it goes against Christ and our church, tries to mock it.

No politician is involved in this, only the arch-bishop of OK City and other religious in that city and around the country.

I am sure they would be very happy to invite the satanists to come to church, etc as you suggest. Now try to convince them to come if you want something to do.
The invitation must be extended in order for it to be rejected. It is in YOUR state. You should be trying to convince them to come.

In addition, in post #2 you linked the reference that your Governor has publicly opposed this. I'm sure the Governor's very public response had nothing to do with catching the eyes of parishioners at your church who suddenly felt empowered to attempt what will be a media draw. Politicians always decry what they feel will be abominable to their constituency, but stay far enough away that no mud gets on their hands.

Why doesn't your bishop and priest ask the good governor to attend your rally? I'll bet a dollar against a stale donut that the governor has "other business" to attend to but will send her sympathies in support of the good Christian effort. It's positively a no-brainer to see how politicians manipulate denominations and then remind those denominations at election time how much support the politician gave for what is actually unchristlike actions.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:59 AM

It's not my state. I don't know what they have done as far as inviting anyone to anything but the Church is always open for anyone to come at anytime to talk and join in prayer if they wish.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:22 PM

There will be a Eucharist Holy Hour of Reparation for this on EWTN

Sunday 9/21 @ 8pm ET

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

Old 09-15-2014, 04:41 PM

Default You can see the Satanist and Archbishop Coakley on the video

Tulsa exorcist facing increasing 'demonic activity'; Black Mass Sunday - Local - TulsaWorld

Satanic Black Mass

When Satanists at the civic center in Oklahoma City conduct their public Black Mass at 7 p.m. Sunday, Catholics across eastern Oklahoma will be marching around their church buildings in an hour of prayer.

Diocese of Tulsa Bishop Edward J. Slattery has asked every priest in the diocese to conduct a Eucharistic Holy Hour during the time of the Black Mass, with outdoor processions, to "give a public witness to our faith in the Eucharist which is being so profoundly mocked and ridiculed by this event."

The Black Mass is designed to be a parody and a mockery of the Roman Catholic liturgy, and is being strongly protested by Oklahoma Catholic leaders.

Organizers of the Black Mass have told news outlets that it will be a toned down version, using vinegar instead of urine, and a negligee-clad woman instead of a nude woman, in order to comply with state law.

It will conclude with a Satanic exorcism, designed to expel the Holy Spirit from the Satanist's body, contrasting a Christian exorcism, which expels demons from people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity