Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 01:08 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,419,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDante View Post
Thanks for your response. So what or who do you classify false religion (or Babylon the Great) to be? Do you classify false religion to be any religious group outside of Christianity or feel there is one true group out of the thousands of denominations of Christianity?

I do agree with you there will be a point where God, like in Noah's day, cuts off mankind that is isolated from him, teach false teachings or live contrary to his commandments. So you're saying you believe the GT starts, then the fall of Babylon, then Armageddon but once the GT starts ones in false worship are stuck in that thinking? See I always otherwise believe reading Revelation Babylon the Great's fall starts the GT, then the GT plays out until there's a vicious attack by Satan on God's people which then God acts and Armageddon starts. The fact the bible says we must endure to the end shows the judging period, at least to my understanding, to be until the moment Armageddon starts which is the point we know we have endured.
Just as in Noah's day there were survivors under God's protection, in Jerusalem when Babylon destroyed the city and in the 1st century. There will always be obedient survivors as it is God's will for the earth he created to be inhabited or Satan would win.The GT ends in Armageddon and is a part of it, justa s teh GT in Jerusalem included the destruction, not just an interim period.

Quote:
I agree with the first point of your response a lot. However, the second part the twinkling of the eye I thought reading the bible that reference was about the anointed who will serve as judges along with Jesus? It was my understanding only the anointed are immediately in a twinkling of the eye raised from death to serve with Jesus in heaven. I researched the term "rapture" and found out it's no where found in the bible. That might be splitting hairs since the meaning of rapture is being called up, which the scriptures mentions but once again seems to refer to his anointed. I like to know a few scriptures to back up your point this is referring to all his servants and not just his anointed. In my studies it talks about the condition of the dead and even refers to faithful followers such as David, Abraham, etc "sleeping" with their forefathers. It then talks about the first resurrection but says these ones will be given immortality, something we will not have if not anointed. The second resurrection however mentions these ones would be judged both the righteous and unrighteous and in Ps 37:9-11 mentions how these ones will reside on earth. If we're all called to heaven then who is on the earth after Armageddon?

Thanks for your patience and thoughts.
Those on earth are:

(Acts 24:15) 15 and I have hope toward God, which hope these [men] themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

They are not yet ready for eternal life but during the time after Armageddon and under Christ's rule:

ASV Revelation 22:2 in the midst of the street thereof. And on this side of the river and on that was the tree of life, bearing twelve manner of fruits, yielding its fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.

All alive will need that healing.

Then the next step is the fulfillment of:

ESV Psalm 37:29 The righteous shall inherit the land and dwell upon it forever.

I am looking forward to:

NIV Job 33:25 then his flesh is renewed like a child's; it is restored as in the days of his youth.

No flesh in heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 07:20 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,979,331 times
Right, ' No flesh in heaven ' because ' flesh ' can Not inherit the kingdom - 1st Corinthians 15 v 50

Old 08-19-2014, 07:43 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,979,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDante View Post
So your response kind of goes back to my original question. I agree with you that Peace & Security precedes the fall of false religion however if ones know there would be a sign doesn't it seem, just like a death bed confession, some would just wait until that sign THEN rush to make changes at the Peace & Security sign? I don't want to come across like Jonah who was upset that the Ninevites could change at the last second I just wanted to be clear.

See I also weigh my compassionate side since I understand this is ETERNAL life or death at stake. Part of me thinks some individuals, because of upbringing, mental or emotional issues, weakness, etc just cannot understand or grasp this. They are distant from God but if they really understood would be someone favorable to God such as Paul. We as humans though, and lets be fair more so religious individuals, sometimes comes across way more judgmental than even God and see things black and white while God see's all factors. We can also agree that Satan has confused BILLIONS with false teachings which in turn has resulted in some cases good people being confused and swept into that religion or teachings. Some might say they should be logical but it's no different than a person raised a Catholic, a JW, a Baptist, Mormon etc who are passionate and feel VERY strongly about their beliefs and actually pity anyone not in their religion. There are so many Christian denominations with many that tells it's followers only we will be saved this is on top of the hundreds of thousands of other religions it seems God would want ALL to know completely without confusion. If the bible says God really does not want ANY to perish it seems before final judgment he would do what he's done in the past. Meaning... I wonder if this GOOD NEWS that must be preached we think is being done now by some religions is actually just a precursor and the REAL good news will be done by God's elect, the bible mentions even his two witnesses. This would seem to fall in line with past times God before final judgments sent out representatives or prophets to warn of the imminent destruction. How much so would God do this before the largest event mankind has EVER or will EVER experience? THEN it seems logical that just like many Israelites who saw all the miracles of God first hand, saw his power, saw his love but STILL will not want to serve God thus would deserve their eternal punishment and could not claim ignorance. It would seem that those who die and judged by their past actions he also take in consideration of what God sees in them, any mental or emotional defect, etc so it seems the same would apply to those on earth today.

Lastly, you mentioned about God cleaning out his house, which I always understood that to mean his people BEFORE the fall of BTG. Is your thought that BTG falls is the cleaning house where only his loyal people will stand? If so, then who do you believe are his people? And, if these ones are standing after BTG it was mentioned by another person that it's too late to come to God at the GT but what would prevent ones who see this from realizing this and joining now knowing there is people supported by God? Didn't the Egyptians who were being punished by God in fact not only join his people out of Egypt but also were saved from the military forces along with Gods people?
First, most people don't pay attention to Scripture, and 1st Thess. 5 vs 2,3 doesn't mean anything to them.
There will be No last minute jumping on the band wagon, so to speak because people will be judged by Matthew 25 v 40 on how they have treated Jesus ' spiritual brothers ' who were alive on earth. Please notice Isaiah 11 vs 3,4 because Jesus does Not judge by the mere appearance to the eyes, but Jesus sees what the heart is.

So, who are God's people on earth ? they are the ' humble sheep ' alive on earth at the time of Matthew 25 vs 31,32 .
So, besides Jesus ' spiritual brothers ' [ Luke 12 v 32; Rev. 20 v 6; 5 vs 9,10; 2 v 10 ], the sheep [< the other sheep - John 10 v 16 ] will not be destroyed, but can have the opportunity to remain alive on earth right into the start of Jesus' coming 1000-year kingdom reign over earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity