Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 06:08 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,247,886 times

Advertisements

Now back to the topic at hand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 06:18 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,434,896 times
The name Jesus (Gr., I·e·sous′) corresponds to the Hebrew name Jeshua (or, in fuller form, Jehoshua), meaning “Jehovah Is Salvation.” The name itself was not unusual, many men being so named in that period. For this reason persons often added further identification, saying, “Jesus the Nazarene.” (Mr 10: 47; Ac 2:22) Christ is from the Greek Khri·stos′, the equivalent of the Hebrew Ma·shi′ach (Messiah), and means “Anointed One.” Whereas the expression “anointed one” was properly applied to others before Jesus, such as Moses, Aaron, and David (Heb 11:24-26; Le 4:3; 8:12; 2Sa 22:51), the position, office, or service to which these were anointed only prefigured the superior position, office, and service of Jesus Christ. Jesus is therefore preeminently and uniquely “the Christ, the Son of the living God.”—Mt 16:16

He is not The Almighty. This is a long-standing misinterpretation that many are unwilling to acknowledge. It is illogical and suggests that Jesus might be insane, directing prayer and supplication to himself. Jehovah was truly the Father or Life-Giver to this firstborn Son and, hence, that this Son was actually a creature of God is evident from Jesus’ own statements. He pointed to God as the Source of his life, saying, “I live because of the Father.” According to the context, this meant that his life resulted from or was caused by his Father, even as the gaining of life by dying men would result from their faith in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.—Joh 6:56, 57.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:19 PM

Well lets examine these scriptures closely.
John 14:13 "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it”
if the Lord came in the father name, then what is his name?.

John 15:16 "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you". again if he came in the father's name, what is his name, or is the father's name JESUS?.

John 16:23 "And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you".
same thing?.

John 16:24 "Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

John 16:26 "At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you":

well lets look a little bit closer,
Revelation 3:12 "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name".

so who name did he write upon the overcomers?.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post

He is not The Almighty. This is a long-standing misinterpretation that many are unwilling to acknowledge. It is illogical and suggests that Jesus might be insane, directing prayer and supplication to himself. Jehovah was truly the Father or Life-Giver to this firstborn Son and, hence, that this Son was actually a creature of God is evident from Jesus’ own statements. He pointed to God as the Source of his life, saying, “I live because of the Father.” According to the context, this meant that his life resulted from or was caused by his Father, even as the gaining of life by dying men would result from their faith in Jesus’ ransom sacrifice.—Joh 6:56, 57.
thanks for the reply, ok, you say Jesus is not the Almighty Read Rev 1:17 & 18 and read Isaiah 44:6 and come back and tell us is this two person or ONE?.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:27 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,789,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
you're correct, because Adam is "WHAT" she is vs "WHO" she is in Name.

thanks, all those scholars are in ERROR, unlearned in God wisdom.
The name Adam has different applications. Most translations say man or mankind in place of Adam.

Lexham English Bible
Male and female he created them. And he blessed them. And he called their name "Humankind" when they were created.

Genesis 5:2 NAS
New American Standard
He created them male and female, and He blessed them and named them Man in the day when they were created.

Genesis 5:2 NCV
New Century Version
He created them male and female, and on that day he blessed them and named them human being.

Genesis 5:2 NIRV
New International Reader's Version
He created them as male and female. He blessed them. And he called them "man" when they were created.

Genesis 5:2 NIV

He created them male and female and blessed them. And when they were created, he called them "man. "

Genesis 5:2 NKJV
New King James Version
He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created.

Genesis 5:2 NLT
New Living Translation
He created them male and female, and he blessed them and called them "human."

Genesis 5:2 NRS
New Revised Standard
Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them "Humankind" when they were created.

Genesis 5:2 RSV
Revised Standard Version
Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created.

Here is the hebrew lexicon definition from Blue Letter Bible;

Lexicon :: Strong's H120 - 'adam

אָדָם

Transliteration
'adam

Pronunciation
ä·däm' (Key)

Outline of Biblical Usage
man, mankind
man, human being
man, mankind (much more frequently intended sense in OT)

Adam, first man

city in Jordan valley

KJV Translation Count — Total: 552x
The KJV translates Strongs H120 in the following manner: man (408x), men (121x), Adam (13x), person(s) (8x), common sort (with H7230) (1x), hypocrite (1x).

Old 08-22-2014, 06:29 PM

8,183 posts, read 6,941,575 times
This thread reminds me of a passage in an old classic, "The Secret Garden". If you're not familiar with the book, it may be a bit hard to decipher..

Quote:
"Do you believe in Magic?" asked Colin. "That I do, lad," she answered. "I never knowed it by that name but what does th' name matter?

I warrant they call it a different name i' France an' a different one i' Germany. Th' same thing as set th' seeds swellin' an' th' sun shinin' made thee a well lad an' it's th' Good Thing. It isn't like us poor fools as think it matters if us is called out of our names. Th' Big Good Thing doesn't stop to worrit, bless thee. It goes on makin' worlds by th' million-worlds like us. Never thee stop believin' in th' Big Good Thing an' knowin' th' world's full of it-an' call it what tha' likes. Tha' wert singin' to it when I come into th' garden."

"I felt so joyful," said Colin, opening his beautiful strange eyes at her. "Suddenly I felt how different I was-how strong my arms and legs were, you know-and how I could dig and stand-and I jumped up and wanted to shout out something to anything that would listen."

"Th' Magic listened when tha' sung th' Doxology. It would ha' listened to anything tha'd sung. It was th' joy that mattered. Eh! lad, lad-what's names to th' Joy Maker," and she gave his shoulders a quick soft pat again.
I always think of this when folks talk about names.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
The name Adam has different applications. Most translations say man or mankind in place of Adam.

Lexham English Bible
Male and female he created them. And he blessed them. And he called their name "Humankind" when they were created.

Genesis 5:2 NAS
New American Standard
He created them male and female, and He blessed them and named them Man in the day when they were created.

Genesis 5:2 NCV
New Century Version
He created them male and female, and on that day he blessed them and named them human being.

Genesis 5:2 NIRV
New International Reader's Version
He created them as male and female. He blessed them. And he called them "man" when they were created.

Genesis 5:2 NIV

He created them male and female and blessed them. And when they were created, he called them "man. "

Genesis 5:2 NKJV
New King James Version
He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created.

Genesis 5:2 NLT
New Living Translation
He created them male and female, and he blessed them and called them "human."

Genesis 5:2 NRS
New Revised Standard
Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them "Humankind" when they were created.

Genesis 5:2 RSV
Revised Standard Version
Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created.

Here is the hebrew lexicon definition from Blue Letter Bible;

Lexicon :: Strong's H120 - 'adam

אָדָם

Transliteration
'adam

Pronunciation
ä·däm' (Key)

Outline of Biblical Usage
man, mankind
man, human being
man, mankind (much more frequently intended sense in OT)

Adam, first man

city in Jordan valley

KJV Translation Count — Total: 552x
The KJV translates Strongs H120 in the following manner: man (408x), men (121x), Adam (13x), person(s) (8x), common sort (with H7230) (1x), hypocrite (1x).
That's my point. Adam is "WHAT" she is, and not "WHO" she is. "EVE" is "WHO" she is in PERSONAL NAME. see the difference. we all are Adams, but your personal name here on the site is "Peacegiver" see the difference. example, if we went to McDonald's, I ordered a sandwich, the first thing the clerk would say WHAT kind of sandwich?. then I would say, Big Mack, or quarter pounder, ect.... see, sandwich is a common name, but big mack is the personal name of the "sandwich", see it now?

Old 08-22-2014, 06:34 PM

As it is written; (Father)"I have revealed your name to those to whom youve given me."

The name is known to those who earn it. It is a revelation to those who keep the commandments of the son of man and the will of God.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
That's my point. Adam is "WHAT" she is, and not "WHO" she is. "EVE" is "WHO" she is in PERSONAL NAME. see the difference. we all are Adams, but your personal name here on the site is "Peacegiver" see the difference. example, if we went to McDonald's, I ordered a sandwich, the first thing the clerk would say WHAT kind of sandwich?. then I would say, Big Mack, or quarter pounder, ect.... see, sandwich is a common name, but big mack is the personal name of the "sandwich", see it now?
Got it.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Got it.
there you go, thanks to JESUS.

see, just like titles, Father is a common name, (noun), it's so common even the devil have it, "Father of lies". personal name and proper name, common name, are confusing at time but one must take their time and really listen to what is said, and used.

but I thank God for you, you picked that up quickly. I been watching your posts they are good one, so keep up the good work

may God, the Lord Jesus bless you.

and again thanks for the response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity