Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 04:34 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,249,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Yeshua !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2014, 07:51 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,791,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
Peacegiver, thanks for your time and effort, but since you can not produce God name, I will take it that you don't keep his commandments. because nothing of God is secret, especially his name. so thanks again, good day.
Nothing is a secret?

"The Lord God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophet's."

Old 08-23-2014, 08:06 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,249,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Nothing is a secret?

"The Lord God does nothing without revealing His secrets to His servants the prophet's."
well you're not revealing nothing.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:05 PM

Quote:
well you're not revealing nothing.
As the son of man says; "If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

"The man who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves me and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father,I too shall love him and reveal myself to him."

"Abide in my love. You will abide in my love if you keep my commandments just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in His love."

"The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He instructed me."

Old 08-24-2014, 08:42 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,609,734 times
He didn't have a "name". per se. His name wasn't Yeshua and it wasn't Hosea or
Joshua. This was the Son of God. Mary knew it, Joseph knew it, and others knew it
before His ministry even began. As in Isaiah and Matthew he was called as in referred
to as Emmanuel (God is with us). Iesous or Joshua (God is Salvation) is another "name",
so are Philo and Eusebius who connect Iesous with "a Savior" - "Soter" aka Theo Soterion, Soteria Kyrion... these were early Greeks who were speaking of why His "name" was
transliterated as Iesous.. none of this matters much to us. Feel free to "call" Him
whatever you wish of these names, if for some reason Jeshua makes you feel closer
to Him, that's fine... but in reality there is only one account of what "they shall call Him"
in the Bible and that is Emmanuel. The most important point, however is to try and
actually imagine what a "name" meant to these people and especially to those who surrounded His early life.. They knew this child was beyond having a "name" like
Simon or Saul, etc. In this respect He did not have a NAME. He was only referred to
as either "God is with us" or "God is salvation".
He was beyond having a name since his Birth.

Old 08-24-2014, 08:59 AM

Jeremiah 23:6
"In days to come I will raise up a righteous shoot to David. As king he will govern and reign wisely. He will do what is right and just in the land. In his day Judah shall be saved, Israel shall dwell in peace and the name they will give him is the Lord our righteousness, "says the Lord.

Old 08-24-2014, 09:03 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,087,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
He didn't have a "name". per se. His name wasn't Yeshua and it wasn't Hosea or
Joshua. This was the Son of God. Mary knew it, Joseph knew it, and others knew it
before His ministry even began. As in Isaiah and Matthew he was called as in referred
to as Emmanuel (God is with us). Iesous or Joshua (God is Salvation) is another "name",
so are Philo and Eusebius who connect Iesous with "a Savior" - "Soter" aka Theo Soterion, Soteria Kyrion... these were early Greeks who were speaking of why His "name" was
transliterated as Iesous.. none of this matters much to us. Feel free to "call" Him
whatever you wish of these names, if for some reason Jeshua makes you feel closer
to Him, that's fine... but in reality there is only one account of what "they shall call Him"
in the Bible and that is Emmanuel. The most important point, however is to try and
actually imagine what a "name" meant to these people and especially to those who surrounded His early life.. They knew this child was beyond having a "name" like
Simon or Saul, etc. In this respect He did not have a NAME. He was only referred to
as either "God is with us" or "God is salvation".
He was beyond having a name since his Birth.
Where was He ever called Emmanuel in the NT?...

Last edited by Richard1965; 08-24-2014 at 09:21 AM..

Old 08-24-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
God taught me that his name is JESUS, once more, is this the name God taught you, Yes, or no?.
G-d didn't teach you anything, this is all your own belief...His NAME is Yahua...

Old 08-24-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkutuq View Post
Yeshua !

So, everyone is going to be named Yeshua?...One thing, we are not servant of Yeshua...

Old 08-24-2014, 12:32 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,731,564 times
I now get where the OP is going with his thought process. He is one of a splinter group of Christians that believe the name "Jesus" is a bastardization of the Roman god, Zeus. Problem is the original NT writings were all in GREEK from which our English translations were derived.

Further, a Jewish scholar, David Talshir, Rabbinic Hebrew As Reflected in Personal Names, agrees that Yeshua is more or less the original Hebrew name, but even the pronunciation used by Messianic Christians today is completely improper from how any Hebraic speaker uses it.

Got this from reading another Jewish writer, Avram Yehoshua, who debunks the "authority" of Messianics in their misunderstanding of the name Yeshua.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 08-24-2014 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: corrected name spelling, name of book by Talshir
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity