Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 01:02 PM

101 posts, read 86,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Don't you agree that God IS agape love? Don't you agree the God IS Spirit? Don't you agree that "Moral is moral. It is absolute and does not change depending on WHO does it or says it? Don't you agree that Jesus commanded us to teach the Gospel (Good News) that He is the Savior of ALL men? That it is worthy of all acceptance?
I accept the scripture that says "God is Love". I agree with the scripture that says "God is Spirit".

Jesus is the savior that provided salvation to all who believe on him as scripture says.

Moderator cut: you can't accuse somebody of having hate for Christians.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-11-2014 at 08:54 AM.. Reason: removing hate speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 01:05 PM

63,935 posts, read 40,202,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisW View Post
I accept the scripture that says "God is Love". I agree with the scripture that says "God is Spirit".
Jesus is the savior that provided salvation to all who believe on him as scripture says.
Then what Spirit do YOU use to test the verses? Are you using your own personal interpretation of the word "especially?". Because the verse says "ALL men, especially those who believe." You seem to be interpreting "especially" as "exclusively." Is that true?

Old 09-10-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisW View Post
It was the part of your post putting down Christians that I could not follow. You seem to have a hate in you for Christ and His people. Why is that?
Huh??? What could ever possibly give you that idea??? Please explain. I AM a Christian and follow Christ's instructions to His disciples to "love God and each other" daily and repent when I don't. I use agape love as my standard for what is Christian because Christ demonstrated His agape love unambiguously by His scourging and crucifixion. He loved EVEN His torturers and murderers . . . something you or I could probably never do.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:11 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,942,124 times
I realize that you are looking for common values Christians in general embrace .
I embrace Jesus Christ as God in the flesh , the word of God alone and with all authority then ,now and forever.
It is Jesus we are accountable to, and He takes His cues from the Father .
Jesus taught obedience to the Father EXCLUSIVELY , even when it meant saying things to and about the religious establishment, that infuriated them . Jesus was not nice , He was strait honest ,and laid out The Fathers expectations , with out sugar coating it like Paul did.
Jesus taught the narrow way and few there be that find it , and the broad way leads to hell ,and many will go there.
Jesus demanded obedience and reprimanded the disciples for calling Him Lord but ignoring the things Jesus instructed.Luke 6;46,
This shoots down the idea, that His teachings were figurative ,and not actual expectations.
They are, actual expectations..
If you water down Jesus teaching, you are not His disciple, period.
Matthew 23;7,8, do not be called Rabbi /teacher, father, or master , these titles belong between God and his children.
The only teacher Jesus authorized to teach the believer in His place, is the Holy Spirit
The believer's teaching/ gospel proclamation responsibility, is to the ignorant.
Go you into all the world . Making disciples unto Jesus, not men.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I
The main problem with Christianity is CONTEXT and NOT reading the bible in its proper and correct context.
True. The proper context for a Christian is the true nature of God as revealed by CHRIST! The incorrect context is to apply the nature of God in the OT described under the veil of ignorance (blind minds) that Christ came to correct. Most of mainstream Christianity uses the context of the OT War God of the Israelites . . . NOT the God revealed UNAMBIGUOUSLY by Christ as agape love
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Please clarify what you mean by "authority" -- And also, how one is to verify that the 'guidance' they claim is coming from the Holy Spirit is to be tested, if not by scripture.
You have it completely backwards. We do NOT test the Spirit using the words "written in ink." We test the words "written in ink" against the Holy Spirit (Comforter) of agape love and what God has "written in our hearts" under the New Covenant instituted by Christ . . . who abides with us. I said it very clearly in my other posts that The absolute standard that MUST be applied to every verse is Agape love. God IS agape love so anything that is NOT compatible with agape love is NOT from God or Jesus. The test of the Spirit of anything in the Bible is . . . Agape Love. God IS agape love and God IS Spirit. It is objective and absolute. If the Spirit guiding YOU is not agape love . . . it is NOT of God or Jesus, period.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:18 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,041,835 times
Still some Christians will not believe that Jesus is irreverent to their faith .....So the only thing every one in Christianity could believe is that Christianity in their life is important , Hopefully or they would be walking away not believing anything ......Then there are many who have the wisdom and understanding of God from heaven and will believe alike in many areas

Old 09-10-2014, 03:24 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,264,910 times
If we cannot all agree to love our neighbor whom we have seen...

Once "christianity" gives up trying to DOMINATE the world by enforcing sharia law, then we might be able to agree that LOVE is the greatest commandment of all.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Then what Spirit do YOU use to test the verses? Are you using your own personal interpretation of the word "especially?". Because the verse says "ALL men, especially those who believe." You seem to be interpreting "especially" as "exclusively." Is that true?
You are trying to go off topic it seems. This thread is not to argue but to talk about what we agree on. YOur questions seem to indicate you think you don't agree with something. In that case it's off topic.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
If we cannot all agree to love our neighbor whom we have seen...

Once "christianity" gives up trying to DOMINATE the world by enforcing sharia law, then we might be able to agree that LOVE is the greatest commandment of all.
Sharia law is not a part of Christianity it belongs to islam.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
That's pretty messed up right there, Dennis.
I think you owe Mystic an apology.
I have a right to my opinion and you are not in a position to tell me what to do. Let that sink in! Now stay on topic. (just jokin')
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity