Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 08:46 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,797,321 times

Advertisements

Some people think that everyone stumbles. That all sin. Why would God say these things if it is not possible to achieve? Why would Jesus say that the righteous go off to eternal life if it's not possible?

It's not possible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god.

Hosea 14:9

"Let him who is wise understand these things, let him who is prudent know them,upright are the ways of the Lord the righteous walk in them but sinners stumble in them."
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 08:50 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,969,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Some people think that everyone stumbles.

They think it, because it is a fact.
Stumbling is not the problem.
Not learning from the stumbling is the problem.

just my .02
peace,
sparrow

Old 09-15-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
They think it, because it is a fact.
Stumbling is not the problem.
Not learning from the stumbling is the problem.

just my .02
peace,
sparrow
So when do they stop stumbling? Why can't they achieve righteousness?

Old 09-16-2014, 02:45 AM

8,186 posts, read 6,969,222 times
Quote:
So when do they stop stumbling? Why can't they achieve righteousness?

They = we. We're all in this together. When all of the non-love has been refined out of us. We're each learning and growing and maturing, in our own way and in our own time.

Old 09-16-2014, 05:11 AM

7,341 posts, read 6,967,173 times
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach and guide in God's will, so one can be obedient to God realtime.
Jesus said, "God is Spirit , and they that worship Him Must worship Him in Spirit and in truth. "
Jesus did not say God is the knowledge of scriptures, nor did he say God is the religion or the temple.
He made it clear that one cannot worship God with out the Holy Spirit, yet men insist in saying they do, and leave the Holy Spirit out of their worship. out of their daily life .
How is that serving God?
Jesus asks , "why do you call me Lord, but do not do the things I tell you ?"

Old 09-16-2014, 05:29 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,651,686 times
That's right, Jesus stood against liter religion. The literal bible is not what he spoke to. But the rather the spirit of the book.
providing the holy spirit is like providing gravity. What he did, as all good teacher do, is provide an usable example that a "class" could use as needed in their lives. And it is a good one I might add. But also "in spirit" means "verb". Do not worship a thing but rather worship actions or through actions. "God is love", well "Love" is a verb not a thing. There really are no things, but that for another day.

Old 09-16-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach and guide in God's will, so one can be obedient to God realtime.
Jesus said, "God is Spirit , and they that worship Him Must worship Him in Spirit and in truth. "
Jesus did not say God is the knowledge of scriptures, nor did he say God is the religion or the temple.
He made it clear that one cannot worship God with out the Holy Spirit, yet men insist in saying they do, and leave the Holy Spirit out of their worship. out of their daily life .
How is that serving God?
Jesus asks , "why do you call me Lord, but do not do the things I tell you ?"
There are different interpretations of the same words so how can the "holy spirit" as you think be giving different views to individuals? Could it be that the holy spirit is not as you think or are only some correct ,others condemned?

Jesus said the son of man would free others and that to know the truth is to continue in his word. So, to continue in His word is how to know the word of God and to do that one must be in the son of man, the servant of God.If the son of man is the truth as Jesus said then it is by the words of God as the son of man that an individual is free.
Reference;

"If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple, then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

"If the son frees you, you shall truly be free."

Old 09-16-2014, 02:51 PM

45,810 posts, read 27,453,308 times
Quote:
Some people think that everyone stumbles. That all sin. Why would God say these things if it is not possible to achieve? Why would Jesus say that the righteous go off to eternal life if it's not possible?

It's not possible for man to be saved but everything is possible for god.

Hosea 14:9

"Let him who is wise understand these things, let him who is prudent know them,upright are the ways of the Lord the righteous walk in them but sinners stumble in them."
All has sinned and fallen short of God's glory. Nowhere is the possibility given that anyone born of the flesh can achieve righteousness on their own.

God has allowed us to become righteous through the possession of Christ through the Holy Spirit, whom we receive upon having faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:21 PM

9,703 posts, read 10,074,057 times
See Christians are righteous through the cross of Christ , God sees saved people in the earth by the righteousness of Lord Jesus Christ , and Not by the righteousness of man and His abilities to keep from sin ,................. Even though man keeping from sin is a bonus for God and a Worship of Him and His Word .................. See sin comes on man in this world as it is a evil place , and if man keeps from sin then the devil will come and put sin on man , which they are to rebuke the devil to Jesus , as they resist taking any sin the devil tries to put on Him....... Still saved man needs to keep Jesus commands and strive to be unselfish in love charity as Heaven does in their posture and keep from all indifferences forgiven to the Lord , as these thing Lord Jesus will judge our posture in righteousness with Him

Old 09-16-2014, 04:49 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,118,047 times
Quote:
There are different interpretations of the same words so how can the "holy spirit" as you think be giving different views to individuals? Could it be that the holy spirit is not as you think or are only some correct ,others condemned?

Jesus said the son of man would free others and that to know the truth is to continue in his word. So, to continue in His word is how to know the word of God and to do that one must be in the son of man, the servant of God.If the son of man is the truth as Jesus said then it is by the words of God as the son of man that an individual is free.
Reference;

"If you continue in my word you are truly my disciple, then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

"If the son frees you, you shall truly be free."
Finally! A really good thread!

I am not saying that I am right,but what I have been taught throughout life is that the Holy Spirit convicts YOUR heart as to what is right/wrong for you personally and to help guide you for the things God has planned for you...I quit playing clubs,bars,state fairs,writing/recording secular music etc when I was saved and I felt convicted to do so,but some musician friends who have been saved have continued to play secular music in other venues...I was convicted not to do it,they were not...I don't judge them as being wrong,but convicted in other things that do not bother me nor seem wrong to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity