Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 09:21 PM

63,844 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What kind of an IMPOTENT God requires puny human beings to enforce His Will???? Clearly you do not consider all the things you believe about God using reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
So we should still be burning witches at the stake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
If God was the authority and He commanded it, absolutely. I can't think of a logical reason why not.
Then you have absolutely NO concept of morality nor what a real God IS. I repeat: "What kind of an IMPOTENT God requires puny human beings to enforce His Will????" It puts me in mind of the Star Trek episode when Kirk asked "What would God need with a Starship?" You follow a puny and impotent God.
Quote:
God commanded that adulterers be stoned to death. God is perfectly just and fair. Just because today's society has trivialized sin does not mean God has. It is still worthy of death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
Incredible that people of your mindset are still hanging on in the 21st century. I think the term for this is "knuckle draggers". I would not trust you alone with children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
LOL!
And still people don't believe me when I say that there is almost no difference between Christian extremists and Muslim extremists like Al Qaeda and ISIS.
The ONLY thing standing in their way from grabbing the nearest "witch" (i.e. anyone they dislike) and sawing off her head with a hacksaw and posting the video to YouTube is secular law.
They're out there, ladies and gentlemen ... as the above quote by JJ_Maxx attests.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
They are definitely among us - yes - killers on a leash.
It is the tragedy of humankind that religion under the control of power-hungry men has so corrupted any sense of morality and agape love that such Neanderthal thinking survives in the mainstream religions.The regret and remorse for the poor misguided majority will be very great . . . but not so great as those who are responsible for promoting such non-love as a sign of faith in God. They carry a heavier burden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yeah, seems a little suspicious doesn't it? I mean, these posts by JJ are so totally over the top insane, you gotta start to wonder if JJ's purposely taking things to the most absurd level, perhaps to make the point that assuming that everything within the bible is good and true is a dangerous thing. I say, well done. You had me going, JJ.
I would wish that this were true, Pleroo . . . but I fear it is not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
I believe in God and what He says, not the opinions of men.
What you believe about God is entirely the product of the opinions of men. You cannot possibly be listening to the Comforter guiding you to what God has "written in our hearts in agape love. You have elevated the "precepts and doctrines of men" above Christ who abides with us. You test the Spirit of nothing and blindly accept the words "written in ink" by men who were under the veil of ignorance (blind minds) over reading the OT. May the light of God's love remove the darkness in your mind.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:31 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,957 times
Quote:
What you believe about God is entirely the product of the opinions of men. You cannot possibly be listening to the Comforter guiding you to what God has "written in our hearts in agape love. You have elevated the "precepts and doctrines of men" above Christ who abides with us. You test the Spirit of nothing and blindly accept the words "written in ink" by men who were under the veil of ignorance (blind minds) over reading the OT. May the light of God's love remove the darkness in your mind.
Using quotations doesn't make your false statements any more true. Just FYI. As I said, go back to one of your other dozen threads where you preach your false doctrine.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:46 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,929,957 times
Quote:
Why would I tell Him He was wrong? Jesus and I do not disagree on this issue. Jesus never denied her guilt or that her killing wasn't deserved. However, the people who would have to be the ones to do the execution were guilty of God's Laws as well and were not fit to be the executioners in this case because they themselves had not followed Gods Laws in their actions. Jesus took on the sins of humanity so that we could be saved from the punishment we deserve. Don't confuse the Old Covenant vs. the New Covenant. Under the New Covenant God withholds His judgment until after death and allows everyone to choose to accept the grace of Christ.
According to the conditions Jesus delineated is anyone ever fit to be an executioner?

Old 09-22-2014, 09:49 PM

Quote:
As long as you judge false teaching by relying on the words "written in ink" instead of those God has "written in our hearts" under agape love and the guidance of the Comforter . . . you will err. You reject the New Covenant and continue to rely on the Old "written in ink" and stone. You do not trust what is in your heart because your mind has been indoctrinated into the "precepts and doctrines of men" and you do not believe that Christ the Living Word of God ACTUALLY abides with us. Those who believe Christ instituted the New Covenant DO trust our hearts and the guidance of the Comforter in agape love. Agape love is our standard for testing the Spirit of everything . . . not words "written in ink" by blind minds from reading the OT.

2 Corinthians 3:14-17

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail (ignorance) untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail (ignorance) is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail (ignorance) is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord (Jesus), the vail (ignorance) shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit (agape): and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Quote:
Quote:
Using quotations doesn't make your false statements any more true. Just FYI. As I said, go back to one of your other dozen threads where you preach your false doctrine.
I use the same source you do . . . but I test the verses with the Spirit of agape love because God IS agape love. Anything that is NOT compatible with agape love is NOT of God or Jesus. You do NOT test the Spirit of anything you believe . . . that is why you follow false doctrine. You seem to have developed a Moderator complex . . . thinking you can order other posters around. What is that all about????

Old 09-22-2014, 10:00 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,245,419 times
Quote:
I believe in God and what He says, not the opinions of men.
But the notion that the Bible is what God says is itself just the opinions of men. It's something you chose to believe based on what people told you.

Old 09-22-2014, 11:50 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,254,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel O. McClellan View Post
But the notion that the Bible is what God says is itself just the opinions of men. It's something you chose to believe based on what people told you.
It was the unwavering belief of Jesus Christ and that's good enough for me. I don't believe in Jesus because I believe in the Bible, I believe in the Bible because I believe in Jesus.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:44 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
It was the unwavering belief of Jesus Christ and that's good enough for me. I don't believe in Jesus because I believe in the Bible, I believe in the Bible because I believe in Jesus.
Well, with the thought process you have displayed, I can unwaveringly assure you that Jesus doesn't believe in you, and that's all that will matter on judgment day.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:50 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,356,140 times
Quote:
I'm confused

Where did you learn about Jesus. Was it through reading the Bible, or the spoken words of a person, or something else?

Old 09-23-2014, 02:05 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,719,600 times
Quote:
Why would I tell Him He was wrong? Jesus and I do not disagree on this issue. Jesus never denied her guilt or that her killing wasn't deserved. However, the people who would have to be the ones to do the execution were guilty of God's Laws as well and were not fit to be the executioners in this case because they themselves had not followed Gods Laws in their actions. Jesus took on the sins of humanity so that we could be saved from the punishment we deserve. Don't confuse the Old Covenant vs. the New Covenant. Under the New Covenant God withholds His judgment until after death and allows everyone to choose to accept the grace of Christ.
And here is the sad truth. Even the most conservative textual critics of scripture, such as Daniel Wallace, believe the entire story of the woman taken in adultery is a scribal addition to the Bible--as in it shouldn't even be printed in your Bible, as nice a story as it is.

The reason I like it is because whenever I start thinking of picking up stones to toss, I wonder what it would be like to be standing in the middle of the circle, friendless, accused, helpless, and praying just one somebody would stand up and say, "let he who is without sin toss the first stone."

The fact is JJ, YOU deserve to be in that circle, but God may have decided to have mercy on you and let you out. Now you are finding others to put in the same circle from which you were released.

I think Jesus told a similar story, a parable, about a man forgiven of his debt by his master, who, upon release, goes out and finds someone who owes him money and has them thrown in jail until he is paid in full. You might want to review how things went for that "forgiven" servant.

Take a hard look at your life. YOU deserve to be in that circle. And if you can't find the reason, look again.

Hurry, I think I see people picking up stones and putting them in a basket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity