Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 09:13 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,256,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Especially for this observation. I call them enthusiasms, and the biggest example is that of Calvin and his idea that God's sovereignty requires micromanagement.
I call them children of God holding the truth. all scriptures do agree. if one ignore just one then they are not in truth. so everyone should be of the same doctrine. or is it just your, or the one's doctrine that is right?. no, only God doctrine is correct

scripture, Isaiah 5:20 "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!21 Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight22 Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink23 Which justify the wicked for reward, and take away the righteousness of the righteous from him! 24 Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, so their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel”.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:45 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,987,150 times
Time for this thread to sputter on out

Old 10-06-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
well, lets see what our friends ww and dan will answer with first?.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:38 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,250,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
LOL, that's man for you, but listen, you're not rejecting me, LOL, you're rejecting God word. see you don't know who God is. instead of admitting that you're in ERROR, you become as the bible say "hard hearted", stiff "necked" just as those Jews of our Lord day when he was in flesh and blood. now as for the Lord's NAME, now that's a tautology. and let me make it plain, God NAME is "JESUS", got it?.
No such notion is present anywhere in the Bible.

Quote:
JESUS. now what you need to worry about is, if God name , "JESUS" is "ON", your forehead.

now that's three strikes in just one posting.
That's completely nonsensical.

Quote:
since you asked a question I will answer, by scripture, your question, "how Jesus could adopt titles originally designating God", answer, because he is God, shared in flesh, supportive scripture,
That's called begging the question.

Quote:
Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is,God with us”. Dan O. since you’re a Hebrew expert, and not a greek one.
Yeah, you don't know either at all, and you barely speak English, so you're hardly the judge of my expertise.

Quote:
this scripture is taken from Isaiah, hebrew. one question, “How is God with us?”, it a simple answer. if you cannot answer it, I will.

peace.
First, that text is a reference to the birth of the king Hezekiah. Second, theophoric names are not theological assertions. Third, you also have names like "Ahijah," or "YHWH is My Brother," and "Abiyah," "YHWH is My Father." Fourth, the presence of God was conceptualized as "with" the nation of Israel in a variety of ways.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:40 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,250,382 times
Quote:
Now where is my two resident poster?, Wardendresden, you up first, do Revelation 5:6 and Revelation 3:1 refer to Jesus the Christ?, yes or No.

and to Dan O. “How is God with us?”

I know by now you should have search enough to find the answers, well?. don’t answer all at once.

peace.

I'm at work, kid. It's my lunch break, so I'm taking the time to respond to your nonsense. You failed to show you could even comprehend my question to you, much less provide a legitimate response. Do you have anything to contribute besides ignorant dogmatism?

Old 10-06-2014, 01:24 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,759,248 times
Quote:
lets see if these two verses refers to Jesus the Christ.
Revelation 5:6 "And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

Revelation 3:1 "And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead". Jesus Christ HAVE the seven Spirits. so it do refers to him.

Wardendresden, you got one right, God is "A" Spirit. or as you say "The" Spirit. (smile).

now do 5:6 and 3:1 refer to Jesus the Christ?, yes or No.
So you lose at the FIRST verse of Revelation you brought up, so now you bring out another. Casting your net in a mud pond to see if you can catch a swordfish?

So read ALL of Revelation 3:1 through verse two. I'll write it for you so you don't need to look up what another apologist has to say for the Trinity or that Jesus is the ONE GOD:

Quote:
And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; 'I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.
Jesus speaking here!! Right?

And He is speaking in the following verse, too--

Quote:

Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your deeds complete in the sight of (does it say ME?--no it doesn't) MY GOD!!!
Uh oh, Jesus has a God!

And go on down to verses 5 and 6--Jesus speaking here too:

Quote:
He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I (Jesus) will never blot his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name BEFORE MY FATHER AND HIS ANGELS.
You think you have "knowledge" about God, but you fail to read all the text in any verse in context. You are slinging mud against the wall to see if any sticks.

Go do some critical study of scripture and refrain from spouting dogma.

Bottom line the debate you and I are engaging in is puerile as neither of us has a foundation in Greek. Just say you want to believe it and let it be done. I want to follow where the evidence leads so I can't be done--it's just that I've discovered the evidence doesn't lead to where you've parked your car.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:33 PM

DAN, thanks for the reply.

to rap this topic up . it is the Son of Man, Jesus, the "which is", (I AM), "which was", (THAT), "Which is to come", (I AM), GOD. Revelation 1:4 is taken straight out of Exodus 3:14. I AM, is our Lord JESUS first dispensation, which he told the Jews, John 8:58. hence in Revelation 1:4 "which is". both the first and the last "which is", are the "I AM" in Exodus 3:14. and the "which was", is the "WAS" in John 1:1. WHEN HE GOD MANIFESTED in FLESH.
follow the columns and learn

....Exodus 3:14: "I AM"*******"THAT"********"I AM"
.......Rev. 1:4: "which is"...... "which was"....."which is to come"
Dispensation: "CREATOR"........SAVIOUR..........COMFORTER
His WORK:.......SPIRIT...........FLESH/MAN...........SPIRIT

LOL, that was weak, really weak on Isaiah 7:14. oh well, lets get the Spiritual understanding of the subject. listen to the word of God. Isaiah 8:1 "Moreover the LORD said unto me, Take thee a great roll, and write in it with a man's pen concerning Mahershalalhashbaz. that’s not God son, (smile). what was Isaiah the prophet to write, listen, 2 And I took unto me faithful witnesses to record, Uriah the priest, and Zechariah the son of Jeberechiah. 3 And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Mahershalalhashbaz. 4 For before the child shall have knowledge to cry, My father, and my mother, the riches of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria shall be taken away before the king of Assyria. who is this, Israel?, and that did happen before the child could cry. now understand that was the NORTHEN KINGDOM, now the Judgment of the SOUTHERN KINGDOM JUDAH.
verse, 5 The LORD spake also unto me again, saying, 6 Forasmuch as this people refuseth the waters of Shiloah that go softly, and rejoice in Rezin and Remaliah's son; 7 Now therefore, behold, the Lord bringeth up upon them the waters of the river, strong and many, even the king of Assyria, and all his glory: and he shall come up over all his channels, and go over all his banks: 8 And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel. there it is “O Immanuel”. Your land, O Immanuel: This refers back to the “Immanuel” prophecy of Isaiah 7:14. LOOK, LISTEN. and LEARN, The land that the Assyrians will invade do not, and I say again, the LAND that the assyrian will invade do not belong to King Ahaz, or Judah. It belongs to the Lord God Almighty himself, "Immanuel". did you hear the scripture, read verse 8 again, the Land belong to "the coming Messiah, to Immanuel. you missed that Revelation. for out Judah shall spring our Lord, "TO SAVE HIS PEOPLE", (supportive scripture, Matthews 1:21. this is where the Unitarians ERROR at, looking for a physical salvation. Immanuel is Judah land. Just as God is with the King in Judah, so is the Lord God who is KING in Judah, and will save "HIS" people. and this is how God is going to save "his" people, and this will also answer the, "with us", question. here is the Revelation according to Matthews 1:23, God is with us, simple, by being in a body of flesh and blood. that's how God was with us. to be in the earth realm legally, one must have a body. that's why the demons always try to possesses a body. now the opposite, according to John 1:1, the WORD was "WITH" God how?, answer, "Spirit". John 4:24. the Lord JESUS obtained a body to possesses, to carry out his own will. for he is the ARM of God. and now dan o. you know that the prep "of" translate the genitive case of nouns, concerning as here, the subject, Spirit, and the object, the flesh body. (Smile). Jesus Christ in concrete form is the objective of the abstract Spirit, GOD. conclusion, God shared himself in flesh to accomplish his work.

so that excuse of Isaiah 7:14 is just that, an excuse for not knowing the TRUTH.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
So you lose at the FIRST verse of Revelation you brought up, so now you bring out another. Casting your net in a mud pond to see if you can catch a swordfish?

So read ALL of Revelation 3:1 through verse two. I'll write it for you so you don't need to look up what another apologist has to say for the Trinity or that Jesus is the ONE GOD:

Jesus speaking here!! Right?

And He is speaking in the following verse, too--

Uh oh, Jesus has a God!

And go on down to verses 5 and 6--Jesus speaking here too:

You think you have "knowledge" about God, but you fail to read all the text in any verse in context. You are slinging mud against the wall to see if any sticks.

Go do some critical study of scripture and refrain from spouting dogma.

Bottom line the debate you and I are engaging in is puerile as neither of us has a foundation in Greek. Just say you want to believe it and let it be done. I want to follow where the evidence leads so I can't be done--it's just that I've discovered the evidence doesn't lead to where you've parked your car.
Wardendresden, no need for any closing argument. the case is OVER. you're too late.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:12 PM

if you fella's would have read your commentaries on Isaiah 8:8 it would have helped, but Oh well.

Old 10-06-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
well nateswift, I guess it's time for this thread to sputter out now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity