Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2014, 02:15 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,255,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
My wife and I have two children, both by in vitro fertilization. As such, I have never actually gotten my wife pregnant. And yet my two children really are mine in every sense of the word.

We are told that the Holy Spirit came upon her. We are also told elsewhere that Jesus was the literal Son of God the Father. Our feeble technology can accomplish the same thing. The Holy Spirit is infinite. Do you think that the Holy Spirit is any less powerful than the doctors that implanted my son and daughter into my wife's womb? One might accurately say that the pregnancy came from those doctors. In point of fact, it wouldn't have been possible without them. But they are not the daddy. I am.
first, great that you and your have children, so the title is not binding to biological reproduction. now the question, Jesus said out of his own mouth that he is the Son of God, now who is Father, as you said, "We are told that the Holy Spirit came upon her". well the bible said, Matthew 1:18 "Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost". so can you agree that the child was of the Holy Ghost?, yes or no?

Old 10-07-2014, 02:24 PM

without playing any games, the verse that settles the matter is Matthew 1:20 two verses down from 18, "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. now, you know the ramification of this right.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:48 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,753,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
without playing any games, the verse that settles the matter is Matthew 1:20 two verses down from 18, "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. now, you know the ramification of this right.
You go from Revelation to Isaiah to Matthew to John---still casting that net into muddy waters and still providing no evidence. The fact that you do not know Greek but pretend to do so is particularly telling with regard to your dogma. Since it couldn't come from the Greek, it doesn't even show up in our horrible English translations, you have nothing to offer except that's the way you think it is.

Since YOU will not close a thread you said in so many words is dead, I'll leave it to you so you can preach to yourself. Perhaps others will get that idea as well.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You go from Revelation to Isaiah to Matthew to John---still casting that net into muddy waters and still providing no evidence. The fact that you do not know Greek but pretend to do so is particularly telling with regard to your dogma. Since it couldn't come from the Greek, it doesn't even show up in our horrible English translations, you have nothing to offer except that's the way you think it is.

Since YOU will not close a thread you said in so many words is dead, I'll leave it to you so you can preach to yourself. Perhaps others will get that idea as well.
smile, LOL, dead to you. I told you Wardendresden, I'm not playing any games. now did you understand G243 Allos?. apparently not. and two it makes no difference where I or you go in the bible, the truth is always there. so my conversation with you is at an end also. as the apostle Paul said, if our gospel is hid from you, it's because you're lost, good day

and peace.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:03 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,249,485 times
Quote:
smile, LOL, dead to you. I told you Wardendresden, I'm not playing any games. now did you understand G243 Allos?. apparently not.
I already explained to you how you grotesquely misunderstand and misrepresent what that word means, and the notion that the Trinity can be at all informed by that one incredibly common and generic function word is just unimaginably ludicrous and ignorant.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel O. McClellan View Post
I already explained to you how you grotesquely misunderstand and misrepresent what that word means, and the notion that the Trinity can be at all informed by that one incredibly common and generic function word is just unimaginably ludicrous and ignorant.
talk, talk, talk, no substance. no scripture, so talk to the hand.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:48 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,249,485 times
Quote:
talk, talk, talk, no substance. no scripture, so talk to the hand.
In other words, "Nu-uh!"

Old 10-07-2014, 04:13 PM

godofthunder9010, here is the implications. by the Holy Spirit being the conceiver of that flesh, and blood in Mary’s womb, he have the title “Father”. and that leaves only two in the so called Trinity. it takes three to make a trinity?...... right. it have always been said, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. one put the TRUE GOD last, and made another person with a title Father. see the ERROR. and the Son is the Holy Ghost, according to John chapter 14, as well as John chapter 12, which Isaiah saw in chapter 6 of his book. there is no mistaken identity as to who the Lord Jesus is.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:38 AM

GINOLJC, to all.
its amazing how people try to get rid of the Lord Jesus Christ, or try to explain away his virgin birth. lets get the record right. the Lord Jesus in the old testament, is without flesh, without bone, and without blood is Spirit. think of it this way, granted this is a crude example, but lets go with it anyway. think of a person who is all thoughts without a body, lets say, “Spirit”, or one who is all THOUGHTS, or think of it this way that someone, say GOD is all MIND. in Spirit form, or all MIND, meaning all thoughts, how could he communicate with someone else?. no one can read, or understand his thoughts, just like you and I. I cannot read what you’re thinking in your mind but if you “EXPRESS” yourself in a way for me to understand you, then we can communicate. example, to know what someone is thinking, they would write down on paper with ink the thoughts that they was thinking. in this way the person is EXPRESSING himself in ink and paper. now God, who is all thought, or Spirit, Expressed himself in ink and paper by having the prophets write down his thoughts, hence the Logos, or the written word. the written word is the object that we can see, and understand. but in the new testament, that which we read and understand in the old testament is now EXPRESSED in flesh and blood directly, the rhema, the WORD, made flesh. now, God spoken unto us directly. scripture, Hebrews 1:1 "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds”. John 1:14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. the Word which is thoughts, Spirit, OT, is now MANIFESTED in flesh and blood. think of that Body that God prepared for himself as the Ink and the Paper, EXPRESSING himself, or manifesting, or making himself known directly. Hebrews 10:5 "Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me”. he God in the OT told us what he would do, he would EXPRESS himself as a man like you and I. this was in the mind of God before the beginning of the Worlds.

that’s the reason why Adam, the first one, is the pattern or the IMAGE of what God was going to express himself in. the First Adam was the figure of God to come in, or be “diversified” in as a man, or Adam. Adam, the term itself means “ANOTHER”, yes “ANOTHER”, the KJV can translate Adam as “ANOTHER”. meaning, God is coming in his OWN IMAGE, as an “ANOTHER”, of himself, which is his EXPRESSION of himself in flesh and bone, or the ink and the paper. scripture, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come. that’s why God said in Genesis 1:26, let us. the us here, is the Diversified share of God to come. that’s why in the OT God is called an, H430 אֱלוֹהִים 'elohiym, meaning a plurality of one, simply put “ANOTHER” of himself, that is to come. that’s why the Lord Jesus say, “MY”, Father, or MY God, showing possession of himself. this H430 אֱלוֹהִים 'elohiym, or this plurality of God is EXPRESSED in the NT as G243 Allos. meaning the “ANOTHER”, but the same sort. “diversity" is no new concept, it always was. for example OT, Zechariah 13:7 "Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. most bibles have the cross reference to Matthews 26:31, Mark 14:27, or John 16:32. but without doubt, this is the Lord Jesus Christ. but here in Zechariah 13:7 it reveals the “diversity” of God clearly. here it is. the verse said, “Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts”. three things to take note of. #1. the word, “ FELLOW”. H5997 עָמִיתּ `amiyth (aw-meeth'). here it means, companionship, concretely, a comrade or kindred man. but the revealing fact is that the word can be translated as “ANOTHER”. this “ANOTHER” is God fellow. meaning he is God's “ANOTHER”. and this “ANOTHER”, is a man, flesh and blood, that is God fellow, supportive scripture, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross”. Christ, God in Flesh, this man, God’s “ANOTHER”, is God “FELLOW”. and ANOTHER in the Greek that EXPRESS this man is G243 ALLOS.

the third thing to understand is that this is the LORD, all caps, of host who is speaking. what is so important about this description?. answer, the LORD of host is the redeemer. and this man that is God fellow is the REDEEMER. and God is the only saviour, and Jesus is that SAVIOUR.

if one cannot see it now then they are gross blind. re-read this post.
I don’t preach Christ in a MYSTERY, I preach Christ REVEALED. the MYSTERY, is over. as some say, I go from Genesis to Revelation, yep, that’s right, because he is the SAME God from Genesis to Revelation.

Old 10-08-2014, 05:56 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,658,031 times
we do not explain the away the virgin birth. Because we use what we know to try and describe what we don't know. So we do not explain events like that. What we do is ask you to explain the event using what we do know also. We ask that you do not explain this event with things we do not know. It's that simple.

My god would never ask his child to follow anything that goes against the world he shows you. The only thing written by the hand of god himself is the rock record and the collective events around you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity