Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 09:14 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,893,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
greeting, no the Jesus of the gospel , "ACCOUNTS", is GOD, the Spirit, in flesh. he is no mere religious character created, he JESUS, is the Creator of EVERYTHING. and yes he "represent", take note here, he represent "HIS" Spirit in Flesh and Blood, which is what man is, an IMAGE of God. who better to represent their own self in Flesh and blood that God, the Holy Spirit himself. that why
Colossians 1:15 states, "Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature". and this is no GRAVEN IMAGE either, the real deal. just like you and I. God the Holy Spirit, which is the Only God, came in Flesh and blood his IMAGE that he created at the Garden, in Genesis 1:26, HIS OWN IMAGE, supportive scriptures,
Isaiah 42:13 "The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies. and to make sure that he came, Isaiah 35:4 "Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.

so Ozzy, tell us who came according to Isaiah 35:4, and coming as a man according to Isaiah 42:13?. thanks in advance.

"where there is knowledge, stay not ignorant"

Peace
Someone coming "as a man" or "like a man" is a literary device. That is a metaphor (or simile) describing what God is LIKE. It doesn't have to refer to just one man. The character Jesus said that people following him would do even GREATER things than he did. How come Christians never discuss this heretical statement that Jesus made?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2014, 09:23 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,249,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Someone coming "as a man" or "like a man" is a literary device. That is a metaphor (or simile) describing what God is LIKE. It doesn't have to refer to just one man. The character Jesus said that people following him would do even GREATER things than he did. How come Christians never discuss this heretical statement that Jesus made?
who is the only SAVIOUR?, that answer the first question, and for people following him would do even GREATER things see post #9

Old 09-27-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
who is the only SAVIOUR?, that answer the first question, and for people following him would do even GREATER things see post #9
Who was Job's redeemer? Was it God or an extra person not mentioned in the book of Job? Is Christ the redeemer a different "person" than the redeemer of Job?

Who are the followers of Christ? Don't say "Christians" because most of the Bible believing Christians I have met have no use for Jesus or his message.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Who was Job's redeemer? Was it God or an extra person not mentioned in the book of Job? Is Christ the redeemer a different "person" than the redeemer of Job?

Who are the followers of Christ? Don't say "Christians" because most of the Bible believing Christians I have met have no use for Jesus or his message.
Job's REDEEMER is the Lord JESUS Christ as well as yours and mine. Jesus the Christ is the LORD of hosts. in the Old testament the flesh have not come yet, Job and all the OT saint had to wait for Christ, as we. see Ozzy the Lord Jesus is the Spirit, who you call God in the OT, without flesh, without bone, and without "blood", Spirit.

and No Christ is no SEPERATE PERSON, he is the Share, or the "diversity" of God in flesh. God had to come in flesh in order to die for your, mine, and Job sins. yes the one whom you call Christ is the LORD of host, scripture Isaiah 44:6 "Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God”. notice the identity LORD of host, LORD is all Capitalization, indicating GOD, and there is ONLY ONE GOD. and if you're not sure that it is our Lord and Saviour Jesus the Christ, here is the proof. the first and the last is the same first, and the Last in Revelation 1:17 & 18 please read both of these verses carefully.

and as for the followers, they are the holy one, (smile). supportive scripture, 1 Peter 1:15 & 16.

but understand this, there are Christian, and Christian indeed, just as there are disciples, and disciples indeed. seek and learn the difference. there is no need to put down anyone who say that they are a Christian, they, as well as us are still learning. just because our Faith is not where their Faith is, (either more mature, or NOT), our Lord Jesus can accomplish himself in all of us who seek him in Spirit and truth.

and two, thanks for the questions, I see that you seek understanding, I will do my best to answer any question one might have concerning our Lord JESUS. understand this Ozzy, I believe and teach diversity only, no trinity, no oneness, no JW doctrine, no unitarian doctrine either. I simply teach what the Spirit teach, (see 1 Cor. 2:13). and because of that teaching I believe in the only TRUE GOD, who is the Spirit, the HOLY SPIRIT, the ONLY TRUE GOD. Holy is his Character, and Spirit is his NATURE, hence the title, Holy Spirit.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:04 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,791,330 times
Quote:
GINOLJC, to all.
Peacegiver, correct, the Lord Jesus is the one who sent the Comforter, which is his Spirit, which is him, the Holy Spirit. I take it that you believe that the Lord Jesus do not, and cannot lie, right. well listen, John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever[font=Verdana]”

"where there is knowledge, stay not ignorant"

PS, good topic, because it brings out good information.

peace
I looked up the word another in the Blue Letter Bible Greek lexicon and it is as I thought which is something or someone different. You contend it is Jesus in spirit which is only partly correct because you think Jesus is singular but the son of man is many. The son of man is the servant of God who does God's will, His works. So the new comfortor is a new son of man. This new comfortor will guide others to all the truth by testifying as Jesus did so as to glorify Jesus and the Father.

You have been telling me that Jesus is the Father which I have already discovered. Yes, He went back to the Father as He said but while on earth He was portraying the son, the servant of God, the son of man. He was showing those that would truly follow Him how to be the son, the servant of God.

The son of man will come at a time you least expect. Stay awake or you won't know when your lord will come.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
I looked up the word another in the Blue Letter Bible Greek lexicon and it is as I thought which is something or someone different. You contend it is Jesus in spirit which is only partly correct because you think Jesus is singular but the son of man is many. The son of man is the servant of God who does God's will, His works. So the new comfortor is a new son of man. This new comfortor will guide others to all the truth by testifying as Jesus did so as to glorify Jesus and the Father.

You have been telling me that Jesus is the Father which I have already discovered. Yes, He went back to the Father as He said but while on earth He was portraying the son, the servant of God, the son of man. He was showing those that would truly follow Him how to be the son, the servant of God.

The son of man will come at a time you least expect. Stay awake or you won't know when your lord will come.

here is the definition in Vine, as I told you to use Vines to get a better understanding, here it is for you. see peacegiver, "another" in our English Language have two meaning in the Greek, listen, 1, G243 allos, 2. G2087 heteros, have a difference in meaning, which despite a tendency to be lost, is to be observed in numerous passages. Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort;" heteros expresses a qualitative difference and denotes "another of a different sort." Christ promised to send "another Comforter" (allos, "another like Himself," not heteros), John 14:16. Paul says "I See a different (AV, "another") law," heteros, a law different from that of the spirit of life (not allos, "a law of the same sort"), Rom 7:23. After Joseph's death "another king arose," heteros, one of quite a different character, Acts 7:18. Paul speaks of "a different gospel (heteros), which is not another" (allos, another like the one he preached), Gal 1:6-Gal 1:7. See heteros (not allos) in Matt 11:3; Acts 27:1; in Luke 23:32 heteroi is used of the two malefactors crucified with Christ. The two words are only apparently interchanged in 1Cor 1:16; 1Cor 6:1; 1Cor 12:8-10; 1Cor 14:17, 1Cor 14:19, e.g., the difference being present, though not so readily discernible.

They are not interchangeable in 1Cor 15:39-41; here heteros is used to distinguish the heavenly glory from the earthly, for these differ in genus, and allos to distinguish the flesh of men, birds, and fishes, which in each case is flesh differing not in genus but in species. Allos is used again to distinguish between the glories of the heavenly bodies, for these also differ not in kind but in degree only. For allos, See MORE, OTHER, etc. For heteros, See OTHER, STRANGE.

Note: The distinction comes out in the compounds of heteros, viz., heteroglossos, "strange tongues," 1Cor 14:21; heterodidaskaleo, "to teach a different doctrine," 1Tim 1:3; 1Tim 6:3; heterozugo, "to be unequally yoked" (i.e., with those of a different character), 2Cor 6:14.

Now once you have read and UNDERSTOOD these definition then we can talk. if you need any help with the definition just ask. peace, and may the Lord Jesus open your mind and eyes.

Old 09-27-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
but understand this, there are Christian, and Christian indeed, just as there are disciples, and disciples indeed. seek and learn the difference. there is no need to put down anyone who say that they are a Christian, they, as well as us are still learning. just because our Faith is not where their Faith is, (either more mature, or NOT), our Lord Jesus can accomplish himself in all of us who seek him in Spirit and truth.

and two, thanks for the questions, I see that you seek understanding, I will do my best to answer any question one might have concerning our Lord JESUS. understand this Ozzy, I believe and teach diversity only, no trinity, no oneness, no JW doctrine, no unitarian doctrine either. I simply teach what the Spirit teach, (see 1 Cor. 2:13). and because of that teaching I believe in the only TRUE GOD, who is the Spirit, the HOLY SPIRIT, the ONLY TRUE GOD. Holy is his Character, and Spirit is his NATURE, hence the title, Holy Spirit.
Yes, I agree.

Old 09-27-2014, 01:03 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,791,330 times
Quote:
here is the definition in Vine, as I told you to use Vines to get a better understanding, here it is for you. see peacegiver, "another" in our English Language have two meaning in the Greek, listen, 1, G243 allos, 2. G2087 heteros, have a difference in meaning, which despite a tendency to be lost, is to be observed in numerous passages. Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort;" heteros expresses a qualitative difference and denotes "another of a different sort." Christ promised to send "another Comforter" (allos, "another like Himself," not heteros), John 14:16. Paul says "I See a different (AV, "another") law," heteros, a law different from that of the spirit of life (not allos, "a law of the same sort"), Rom 7:23. After Joseph's death "another king arose," heteros, one of quite a different character, Acts 7:18. Paul speaks of "a different gospel (heteros), which is not another" (allos, another like the one he preached), Gal 1:6-Gal 1:7. See heteros (not allos) in Matt 11:3; Acts 27:1; in Luke 23:32 heteroi is used of the two malefactors crucified with Christ. The two words are only apparently interchanged in 1Cor 1:16; 1Cor 6:1; 1Cor 12:8-10; 1Cor 14:17, 1Cor 14:19, e.g., the difference being present, though not so readily discernible.

They are not interchangeable in 1Cor 15:39-41; here heteros is used to distinguish the heavenly glory from the earthly, for these differ in genus, and allos to distinguish the flesh of men, birds, and fishes, which in each case is flesh differing not in genus but in species. Allos is used again to distinguish between the glories of the heavenly bodies, for these also differ not in kind but in degree only. For allos, See MORE, OTHER, etc. For heteros, See OTHER, STRANGE.

Note: The distinction comes out in the compounds of heteros, viz., heteroglossos, "strange tongues," 1Cor 14:21; heterodidaskaleo, "to teach a different doctrine," 1Tim 1:3; 1Tim 6:3; heterozugo, "to be unequally yoked" (i.e., with those of a different character), 2Cor 6:14.

Now once you have read and UNDERSTOOD these definition then we can talk. if you need any help with the definition just ask. peace, and may the Lord Jesus open your mind and eyes.
Correct. The the word Jesus used is allos as in another. So you confirm my OP the comfortor or advocate is another person.

Thanks for your input. By the way I have already understood the definition of the word allos in the greek.

To get abetter understanding you should use Blue Letter Bible and the Greek lexicon. Here you go.

allos
Pronunciation

ä'l-los (Key)
Part of Speech
adjective

Root Word (Etymology)
A primary word

Dictionary Aids
Vine's Expository Dictionary: View Entry

TDNT Reference: 1:264,43
Trench's Synonyms: xcv. ἄλλος, ἕτερος.

Outline of Biblical Usage
another, other

Click for Synonyms
KJV Translation Count — Total: 160x
The KJV translates Strongs G243 in the following manner: other(s) (81x), another (62x), some (11x), one (4x)

Concordance Results Using KJV
Strong's Number G243 matches the Greek ἄλλος (allos),
which occurs 160 times in 141 verses in the Greek concordance of the KJV
Page 1 / 3 (Mat 2:12–Mar 15:41)
Tools specific to Mat 2:12
Mat 2:12
And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another G243 way.
Tools specific to Mat 4:21
Mat 4:21
And going on from thence, he saw other G243 two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them.
Tools specific to Mat 5:39
Mat 5:39
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other G243 also.
Tools specific to Mat 8:9
Mat 8:9
For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, G243 Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
Tools specific to Mat 10:23
Mat 10:23
But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: G243 for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
Tools specific to Mat 12:13
Mat 12:13
Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other. G243
Tools specific to Mat 13:5
Mat 13:5
Some G243 fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
Tools specific to Mat 13:7
Mat 13:7
And some G243 fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
Tools specific to Mat 13:8
Mat 13:8
But other G243 fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
Tools specific to Mat 13:24
Mat 13:24
Another G243 parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Tools specific to Mat 13:31
Mat 13:31
Another G243 parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:

Old 09-27-2014, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post

Peacegiver, good, that you got the definition, now if you will, I will try to give you my understanding of it. listen, you said, "you think Jesus is singular but the son of man is many". NO, "THE SON of MAN" is singular. as in the "Offspring" Glorified, because in him dwells the fullness of then Godhead, "BODILY". but understand this Peacegiver, in that understanding of G243 Allos he is God, the Elohim. see my topic on this. Elohim is a plurality of “ONE”. but one might say, “how can one be a plurality”, simple, being the share, and not “a” share, but the THE SHARE. meaning the Same Sort. see, the word sort in G243 Allos means, when used as a noun, 1. a particular kind, species, variety, class, or group, distinguished by a common character or nature. our Lord Jesus Nature is the SAME as the Spirit, hence equal. that why when our lord said “ye are god”. it was not including himself. because he is God, not in the human class by nature, or angelic. understand plurality. listen to the definition of, H430 you can find it in the Brown-Driver-Briggs dictionary online, http://biblehub.com/hebrew/430.htm
plural in NUMBER, notice it said number, and not numbers, as in the "s" at the end indicating many. Our lord Jesus is NOT MANY, but ONE. see, our Lord Jesus nature is not our NATURE, he just put on or TOOK PART, in our Nature, and was not a PARTAKER of Flesh and blood. see Hebrews 2:14. took part, and partaker are different in nature. now with that, our Lord Jesus is "Another", as in G243 Allos, instead of G2087 heteros, for if our Lord Jesus was G2087 heteros with God, the Spirit, then the GREATER THAN question would disprove as to his deity as God almighty, because G2087 heteros express a qualitative difference. Elohim in Hebrew express plurality in “NUMBER”, as in a room full of Judges all are Judges but not everyone is the SAME PERSON. but since he, (the Lord Jesus is the SAME PERSON, so how is he a plurality in NUMBER, but the SAME PERSON?, answer, he is the SHARE, hence a numerical difference, (in flesh), but the same Person in NATURE. see this in your mind as this. a room full of Judges who is the same Person, not a copy of himself, but a share fully of himself. like in the matrix, Smith, the man dress in black with the dark shades. a many of him, but the SAME ONE at one time. but back to our room full of Judges, if they was G2087 heteros, all are judges but one might be from earth, another from mars, another for venues, see what I’m getting at. all are Judges but their nature are different. I know that was a poor example, but I hope it help. what I’m saying is this. the Lord Jesus is of the SAME SPIRIT “EQUALLY” in NATURE, hence, the SAME PERSON only in a different Form, and that form is what he came in, is his own IMAGE, man, which by the way also mean "ANOTHER" look it up in the strong, (see Genesis 1:26). he shared himself equally in Nature, but hunbled himself in Flesh and Blood to suffer a death for our sins. (see Phil 2:6-8). and the word Form in verse 6 is ,G3444, morphe, meaning NATURE, and its base is G3313 μέρος meros, meaning division, or “SHARE”. there is the answer, “SHARE”. our lord Jesus is the “SHARE”, of the Spirit fully. hence the plurality in NUMBER, and not NUMBER(s). scripture, Colossians 2:9 "For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. and by sharing the Spirit equally, hence the understanding in Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. yes the Spirit of Christ was in the OLD TESTAMENT, supportive Scripture, 1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: 11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow”. there is the answer, “the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify”. and the word signify means declare, which meas to make know, or to announce officially; proclaim. this is what prophets and preachers do. in the OT the prophets prophesy as the SPIRIT move them. there it is in a nut shell.

Last edited by 101c; 09-27-2014 at 01:35 PM..

Old 09-27-2014, 01:24 PM

also peacegiver, I confirmed your OP, but not in the way you think. listen "another" is the same person. as in John 14 the Holy Ghost is not G2087 heteros, to the Christ but is G243 allos with the Christ, re-read your definition again. the same person.

and if you like I can also prove it from the OT also. see, John 14 tell us that the Holy Spirit, God, is Jesus Christ. that was why I kept asking who sent the Comforter. it's the SAME PERSON. this is where the trinity is in error at, as well as oneness, JW, and unitarian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity