Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can the Bible Alone Actually Prove the Trinity?
Yes 19 50.00%
No 17 44.74%
Sortof 1 2.63%
Not sure 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 12:46 PM

14,960 posts, read 17,301,908 times

Advertisements

Hi, all who are followers of the Father and Jesus do not have to believe that the Father, Son, and Spirit are the same. This is only an opinion if someone maintains this. Only God knows who His true followers are. God bless.

Old 10-26-2014, 12:55 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,256,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Hi, all who are followers of the Father and Jesus do not have to believe that the Father, Son, and Spirit are the same. This is only an opinion if someone maintains this. Only God knows who His true followers are. God bless.
Hi Sha,
the topic is not about opinions, but proof. and there is no proof of any trinity, not according to the bible

peace

Old 10-26-2014, 12:59 PM

Hi 101c, it is about opinions when someone suggests that someone is not a true follower of God because they do not believe that the Father, Son, and Spirit are the same. or that Jesus is the Father.

Quote:

all the true followers of the Spirit knew, and understood this.
but as the bible states, NOT ALL MEN HAVE THIS KNOWLEDGE.

I don't believe in the Trinity, but it is not my job to suggest that those who do believe in the Trinity are not true followers of God Only God knows who His true followers are. God bless.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Hi 101c, it is about opinions when someone suggests that someone is not a true follower of God because they do not believe that the Father, Son, and Spirit are the same. or that Jesus is the Father.

I don't believe in the Trinity. God bless.
Good, but what I was saying is if one have an opinion, the topic say prove it, I hope by scripture, that's all.

because all of the trinity scriptures that was used to support it is eliminated. so the question now is the JESUS question.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:11 PM

But do you not see a problem in saying that "only true followers of the Spirit knew and understood this?" if you believe that the Father, Jesus, and Spirit are the same. We cannot place ourselves as judges in this regard. Just like those who believe in the Trinity should not judge others who do not believe in the Trinity, like this. And neither should I.

God bless.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
But do you not see a problem in saying that "only true followers of the Spirit knew and understood this?" if you believe that the Father, Jesus, and Spirit are the same. We cannot place ourselves as judges in this regard. Just like those who believe in the Trinity should not judge others who do not believe in the Trinity, like this. And neither should I.

God bless.
the truth will make one free.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:37 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,152,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineBlue View Post
Mormons say that Jesus Christ is the "literal" son of God like in this interview.
Yes, Mary is the literal mother of Jesus Christ. God is the literal Father of Jesus Christ. If Jesus Christ is the "Only Begotten Son of God," then God is His literal Father -- whether you choose to believe it or not. The fact that we also believe Mary to have been a virgin following both before and after her Son was conceived ought to alleviate any further fantasies about His conception you may be entertaining.

Quote:
It's strange that it's so hard trying to get a clear explanation of what that exactly means from official sources.
It's not hard at all. I can stick 100% to official sources and provide a clear explanation of what we believe. If you don't get it, that's nobody's fault but your own.

Good grief. You won't trust official LDS sources for accurate information, but you'll trust CARM. President Hinckley was not saying that Mormons believe in a Jesus who is different from the Jesus spoken of in the Bible, but that they believe in a Jesus who is different from the Jesus spoken of in the man-made creeds. And this thread has pretty much proven that the Jesus of the Bible is different from the Jesus of Christianity's creeds.

Quote:
Referencing a book by Bruce R McKonkie.

Bruce R. McConkie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If that's accurate, then the "Jesus" of Mormonism can hardly be called an eternal, supreme creator God as we usually conceive of it.
You mean as you conceive of it. Mormons believe that Jesus Christ, acting, from the very start, under the direction of His Father, was the Creator of our universe. For those who may actually be interested in "the facts," McConkie was an LDS leader (never President of the Church, however) who wrote a book which he called, "Mormon Doctrine." Even according to the Almighty Wiki, "Church leaders were surprised by its publication (since he had not asked permission and was not asked to develop such a work) and responded that while they applauded the attempt of the book to fill a need, it used a harsh tone. [Said to be] "full of errors and misstatements... it is most unfortunate that it has received such wide circulation."

Last edited by Katzpur; 10-26-2014 at 02:45 PM..

Old 10-26-2014, 02:44 PM

28,152 posts, read 30,152,232 times
Quote:
I don't believe in the Trinity, but it is not my job to suggest that those who do believe in the Trinity are not true followers of God Only God knows who His true followers are. God bless.
Well put, Shana.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:49 PM

God is a Spirit, meaning that God is the Holy Spirit. it is the Holy Spirit that is the LITERAL FATHER of that flesh that was conceive in her (Mary's) womb, supportive scripture, Matthew 1:20 "But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. so if one want to go literal, by definition, the Holy Spirit is the actual Father, according to scripture. well that just shot down any trinity.

John 3:6 "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. and God is SPIRIT, (see John 4:24).

Old 10-26-2014, 03:18 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,250,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousseff View Post
I agree with this.

A corporeal person does not fulfill the classical concept of deity as a transcendental, infinitely powerful, supreme being.
And that is a philosophical conceptual construct that did not exist until centuries after the composition of the biblical texts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousseff View Post
That is not to say that other people don't have different conceptions of deity, like we see above, but the context here and common parlance would infer we are talking about the standard or classical conception of deity.
I would suggest that challenging that standard conception is perfectly valid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity