Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can the Bible Alone Actually Prove the Trinity?
Yes 19 50.00%
No 17 44.74%
Sortof 1 2.63%
Not sure 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 04:36 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,246,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanaBrown View Post
Why do you have say, "carnal eyes" when you may have just had a different perspective or viewpoint? I see that Jesus has a God that He prayed to. This was not just a title. He said that He came forth from the Father and that He had a God. The Father is the source of all things, even Jesus. He is much more than a title if He is the source of all things. God bless.
come fort from God is the SHARED Spirit, ok Sha, who came here, Isaiah 35:4

Old 10-26-2014, 04:42 PM

14,890 posts, read 17,179,835 times
101c, Jesus speaks of coming forth from the Father and He speaks of God's Holy Spirit coming forth from the Father. He always points us to the Father, the One whom He calls, the One and Only True God. God bless.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:43 PM

514 posts, read 471,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
What? If we're discussing whether or not the formal doctrine of the Trinity can be proven by the Bible, it is entirely relevant to point out that the philosophical constructs surrounding the development of this doctrine were not present in biblical times.
It's relevant to the thread, but it's not relevant to the point I was making.

Quote:
Yeah, well maybe if that poster had done his homework before mouthing off, we'd still be on the original topic.
If Mormonism disagrees with the orthodox conception of deity (which it obviously does), then he did his homework fine. You're the one who's misunderstood him.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:44 PM

Again. my belief is that Jesus came on behalf of the Father, the invisible God. He represented Him. When we "look" at Jesus, we "see" God, the Father, because He is His exact image, 101c. When you look at an image of something, is that the real thing? God bless.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:48 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,246,422 times
Quote:
101c, Jesus speaks of coming forth from the Father and He speaks of God's Holy Spirit coming forth from the Father. He always points us to the Father, the One whom He calls, the One and Only True God. God bless.
who is the SAVIOUR, Sha?, listen,
Isaiah 43:11 "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour.” Now who is this born saviour, Luke 2:11 "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. remember there is only ONE saviour. and Isaiah 35:4 say that the saviour is coming to save us. so Sha in Isaiah 35:4 who is coming, the Father, or the Son, read Isaiah 35:4 again for clarity

Old 10-26-2014, 04:49 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,992,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineBlue View Post
The passage above merely points out the tenets of the Godhead. It's irrelevant to what we're talking about because noone here has questioned Mormons' belief in the divinity of Jesus.
It was stated that Mormons "explictly reject the deity of Jesus." And that is false. If the LDS scriptures say that Jesus Christ is "God," they clearly accept His deity.

Quote:
I'm still looking for a clear answer to this question
I don't think you are. I think you've already decided for yourself what Mormons believe, and absolutely nothing is going to change your mind.

Quote:
According to the Mormon view is Jesus an eternal, uncreated being, or is he created, and the product of a spiritual "birth" from the union of gods and goddesses in outer space (as Smith's sermon and McConkie's book would suggest?)
According to Mormonism, Jesus Christ is an eternal being. He was God in the beginning, He was God during His mortal ministry, and He is God today. That said, we also believe that was also "with God" in the beginning. That alone clearly implies that the two are separate individuals. He is subservient in authority to His Father, whom He refers to as His God, but has all of the same divine qualities and attributes His Father has. He acts under His Father's direction in all that He does. The two are "one" in will, purpose, mind and heart. Mormons believe that Jesus Christ is divine in every sense of the word and that He justly refers to himself as "God" in the Doctrine & Convenants, which is a part of the official LDS canon.

Last edited by Katzpur; 10-26-2014 at 05:12 PM..

Old 10-26-2014, 04:52 PM

God is the ultimate Savior, 101c, because He is source of all things. He is the source of Jesus and He saves us through His Son, Jesus Christ. Remember, Jesus acts on behalf of the Father. God bless.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:52 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,992,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousseff View Post
If Mormonism disagrees with the orthodox conception of deity (which it obviously does), then he did his homework fine. You're the one who's misunderstood him.
No I'm not. He said that Mormons explicitly reject the deity of Jesus Christ. That's false. It was false the first time I said so, the second time I said so, and the third time I said so. It will be false if I have to say it another hundred times. Hopefully that won't be necessary. Had he said, "some groups deny the concept of God as set forth in the Nicene Creed," he would have received no argument from me.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:55 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,501,774 times
Quote:
Why do you have say, "carnal eyes" when you may have just had a different perspective or viewpoint? I see that Jesus has a God that He prayed to. This was not just a title. He said that He came forth from the Father and that He had a God. The Father is the source of all things, even Jesus. He is much more than a title if He is the source of all things. God bless.
Yes, Jesus did say that ... but under what context \ circumstances?

The Bible teaches that for Jesus to be true human, he relinquished the same qualities \ power \ authority \ equality as God Philippians 2:6-8

Such statements comes from what is known as his state of humiliation ... "he humbled himself, made himself nothing" Philippians 2:6-8

Old 10-26-2014, 04:55 PM

1 Cor. 15

27 For He has put all things in subjection under His feet. But when He says, “All things are put in subjection,” it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him. 28 When all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subjected to the One who subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all in all.

101c, who subjected all things to the Son and who is the Son going to be subject to in the end?

God bless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity