Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2014, 11:14 AM

10,104 posts, read 5,773,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
But marriage is a LEGAL union---only in your mind have you made it a RELIGIOUS institution. What the law has joined together, you have no basis to put asunder.

And WHERE does JESUS SAY homosexuality is evil? You can't put your finger on a single verse where Jesus condemns it. So YOU'RE condemning it usurps the position of Jesus who said God is the judge of hearts. The only sin, and I mean only sin, you have any right to point a finger at---is yours--and from your postings, I believe those you intend to ignore in favor of what you see as the sins of others.

I see you ignored my point about bestiality. Because there isn't a verse where Jesus specifically mentions homosexuality then that is proof positive that He supports it? Why didn't Jesus talk about marriage also being between same sexes if God designed that too? Jesus does condemn sexual immorality. Now prove to me that homosexuality is not part of sexual immorality.

And of course, you twist the single verse about judge not into meaning that I should accept and embrace people's sinful nature. I shouldn't dare say it's wrong huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 11:18 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,303,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So the expectations of society is that a woman MUST have a partner? If I was faced with the choice of going against my nature and have sex with a man or just stay single, I would stay single.
I think staying single and celibate is a great choice for you.

Please....

Old 10-12-2014, 11:18 AM

10,104 posts, read 5,773,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You did not address my point at all. Do you or do you not see the difference of consenting adults interacting to that of an adult forcing themselves on a minor?
Your noted difference (and I even predicted this would be your comeback in my original statement) has nothing to do with my point. The point is you are punishing a segment of society for something they have NO control over. That is if I am to believe that ppl are born with different sexual orientations. I do not. God designed us all to be heterosexual.

Old 10-12-2014, 11:37 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,961,912 times
Quote:
Your noted difference (and I even predicted this would be your comeback in my original statement) has nothing to do with my point. The point is you are punishing a segment of society for something they have NO control over. That is if I am to believe that ppl are born with different sexual orientations. I do not. God designed us all to be heterosexual.
Jeff, please don't tell me you can't differentiate between what consenting adults do, and what an adult does to a child?

Pedophilia is wrong whether it is male on male, female on female, or male/female on to the opposite sex. It has nothing to do with orientation, but everything to do with one of the people involved cannot give consent, either actually can't, or legally can't.

And if you don't see a difference in that and what consenting adults do, I thing a power much greater than any god you may believe in needs to be of assistance in your moral compass.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:08 PM

760 posts, read 774,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
They can't bring love into it. That would humanise gay and lesbian people. Much easier to vilify someone when you reduce them down to just body parts and sex acts.
Much the same way the Native American Indians were vilified as "godless sub-humans" and slaughtered like sheep to steal their land and resources, ditto for kidnapping black people in Africa to become slaves- after all they were all just "godless sub-humans" anyway. Basically the same sentiment is seen today as it has been towards gays- those "godless sub-human SINNERS" and they are treated the same as the Natives were, only today, they don't usually KILL gay people as they did the Natives, at least not entire groups of them these days!
It's usually the occasional gay person who winds up beaten and draped over a fence in Wyoming and left for dead like Mathew Shepard was, or the black disabled man in a wheelchair- Mr Byrd, who was dragged to death behind a car on a country road because he was black.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:49 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,685,988 times
Quote:
I see you ignored my point about bestiality. Because there isn't a verse where Jesus specifically mentions homosexuality then that is proof positive that He supports it? Why didn't Jesus talk about marriage also being between same sexes if God designed that too? Jesus does condemn sexual immorality. Now prove to me that homosexuality is not part of sexual immorality.

And of course, you twist the single verse about judge not into meaning that I should accept and embrace people's sinful nature. I shouldn't dare say it's wrong huh?
There is nothing immoral about two consenting adults loving one another. .

Old 10-12-2014, 01:27 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,753,173 times
Quote:

I didn't say Jesus SUPPORTS homosexuality. I said it isn't important enough for Him to even MENTION it, as opposed to people who claim to follow Him. So why don't you start a thread about bestiality---it's about as prevalent as homosexuality. It's hypocritical to focus on the sins of others and not focus first and foremost on your own. It's also against what Jesus taught--you know, the plank in your eye story?

I'm proving to you something about your own sinfulness. I'm already quite aware of mine, so I don't point fingers at people who are no worse than me. You do.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:31 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,753,173 times
Quote:
And you are now arguing with scientists who say there is some genetic predisposition to homosexuality. But then I guess you argue with scientists over how old the world is and whether or not it was created in seven days. Once one puts blinders over their eyes they refuse to hear about what reasonable people are seeing.

And all you need to do is consult Wikipedia to see the studies that are linking genetics and homosexuality--

Studies of brain structure[edit]

A number of sections of the brain have been reported to be sexually dimorphic; that is, they vary between men and women. There have also been reports of variations in brain structure corresponding to sexual orientation. In 1990, Dick Swaab and Hofman reported a difference in the size of the suprachiasmatic nucleus between homosexual and heterosexual men. In 1992, Allen and Gorski reported a difference related to sexual orientation in the size of the anterior commissure.

Sexually dimorphic nuclei in the anterior hypothalamus

---the INAH3 group appeared to be twice as big in the heterosexual male group as in the gay male group; the difference was highly significant, and remained significant when only the six AIDS patients were included in the heterosexual group. The size of INAH3 in the homosexual men's brains was comparable to the size of INAH3 in the heterosexual women's brains.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 10-12-2014 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: added wikipedia quotes

Old 10-12-2014, 01:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,301,058 times
Quote:

You can say it's wrong. You get to have to an opinion. We all do. You can tell people your opinion

What you can't do is deny rights to the LGBT community based on your opinion. You don't have the right to stop a Gay Pride from happening because you don't like what you see. (And because you have to sit in traffic. A little self-centered, maybe?)

If your worried about people's sinful natures..... start working on yourself.

p.s. Here's who DID accept and embrace people: Jesus.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 10-12-2014 at 01:57 PM..

Old 10-12-2014, 02:38 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,961,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You can say it's wrong. You get to have to an opinion. We all do. You can tell people your opinion

What you can't do is deny rights to the LGBT community based on your opinion. You don't have the right to stop a Gay Pride from happening because you don't like what you see. (And because you have to sit in traffic. A little self-centered, maybe?)

If your worried about people's sinful natures..... start working on yourself.

p.s. Here's who DID accept and embrace people: Jesus.
I wonder how Jeff feels about the mega church near my place in Florida which cause ME inconvenience. Every Sunday, they have police blocking off a PUBLIC road to allow church goers to enter or egress that facility. Enter, I can sort of see, as it can back up traffic. But egress????? Why? What's so special about those church goers that they need to be able to exit without waiting? If they are so filled with what ever spirit they think fills them when they go to church, wait. Absorb that feeling. Talk to the people in your car about it.

But don't inconvenience the rest of us who couldn't give a fiddlers fluff about your spiritual needs, and especially your desire to leave that place of worship. We don't care... it was your choice... wait. And if it takes two hours, great. Means you had more family time, right?

I suppose Jeff thinks otherwise though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity