Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 08:03 PM

10,125 posts, read 13,995,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You did nothing of the sort. You misconstrued what was being conveyed, and now your trying to justify that.
No I did not. There is nothing to justify. Unless you are going to tell us why those things were written as they were, you or the other poster have proven anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Well, you got the first part right, but not the second. I know the bible well, I understand it from the way it was written, not how someone on a pulpit wants to interpret it for me, and I use the Pythagorean Theorem often. How the heck else would you estimate the height of a tree?
You cannot "estimate" the height of a tree with the Pythagorean Theorem. No way possible you use it often, making a statement like that. It's not even practical to use unless it's your profession. I digress. You are trying hard to be condescending but now you are making yourself look bad. The point was, memorizing the Bible doesn't mean you understand. Case in point. You remember the Pythagorean Theorem, but you don't know how to use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 10:34 PM

3,639 posts, read 3,344,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
No I did not. There is nothing to justify. Unless you are going to tell us why those things were written as they were, you or the other poster have proven anything.

You cannot "estimate" the height of a tree with the Pythagorean Theorem. No way possible you use it often, making a statement like that. It's not even practical to use unless it's your profession. I digress. You are trying hard to be condescending but now you are making yourself look bad. The point was, memorizing the Bible doesn't mean you understand. Case in point. You remember the Pythagorean Theorem, but you don't know how to use it.
Bordering on this

No True Scotsman - RationalWiki

Edit: I'll do you one better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK7P7uZFf5o

Old 11-26-2014, 11:18 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,112,399 times
Born this way? An evolutionary view of 'gay genes'

Old 02-02-2015, 08:03 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,973,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
If you search this forum for similar threads, you will find several posts with links showing where homosexual behavior is documented in hundreds of different kinds of animals.
Right on, I totally get that.

But my question is, why are there so many various beliefs and in that people research all types of documents that could relate to all ways of life and comparable to both animals and mankind- to include animals stealing meals, multiple partners, group beatdowns, etc...

Why must I be looked down upon when confessing to sleeping with well over 200 women and their mothers while married to 2 women, a man, and a baby lamb? Why isn't there a definitive common understanding across the board?

I believe it is called selective outrage. And it also depends on what time the of the day one posts on forums which results in the difference in responses.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:07 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,973,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I can pull out multiple reports on sex addiction. Why can't we all employ self-discipline for the better of mankind- procreation? Furthermore, why can’t I have my side piece and be in peace?

All I am asking for is balance. If you can have yours, just leave me and the rest of us that choose to have multiple consensual partners and wives in peace.

Btw, my catholic mother would kill me if she ever read this...

Old 02-02-2015, 09:12 AM

1,100 posts, read 797,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
In general, I agree with that.

Except the sexual sins affects the person like no other sin. I think that's part of the reason people take more offense to this particular sin than stealing, murder, etc.

1 Corinthians 6:18 - Flee immorality. Every other sin that a man commits is outside the body, but the immoral man sins against his own body.

But I am looking for people to explain why homosexuality should be considered as valid.
I would have to say that the reason why they would think that it is valid is because of the way they feel and think; although not necessarily always in that order.

We are living in a sexually hyped society where Barbie dolls and ripped abs/ muscle bound action figures are already programming children in the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye, and the pride of life where the love of the Father is not in them. The society leads us to judge by outward appearances and the motivation for acceptance has to refer to that standard which drives the sin nature to its end where its fruit can take many forms, meaning, not always ending in worshipping the creature more than the Creator in winding up as a homosexual.

If you consider fornicators in the way they sin; I knew of a believer in Christ whom cannot believe that God would ask them to abstain from sex before marriage. I "think" he was trying to convey how impossible it was. Of course, later on, he had complained about having had a date with a beautiful blonde co worker in how she was no "fun". I can't say that she said "no" to sex or anything since he did not get into it with me about it since he knew my position about God saying that sex before marriage is a sin.

In other words, they say it is valid because the sin has dominion over their lives without acknowledging that it is a sin. It is a part of them and to them, it seems absurd to deny the way they feel or think.

Sinners cannot differentiate between passion and true love. Even male & female relationships are fueled by passion of what they believe is love until one or the other or both become dissatisfied and develop a wandering eye which is what lust will do to a couple, seeking someone "better"; someone they can connect with more when in fact, they are just seeking to satisfy their lust & thus themselves.

When sinners do not realize how Jesus can save them from their sins, but instead see Him as a guantlet to deny their sin nature by their religious flesh which is hard and impossible to do, they will validify sin.

That is the easy way out, but some sinners will come to a point and not accept it when that sin is destroying their lives, doing things that they had thought they would never do as that sin will reap corruption for sowing to the flesh per His words.

And some of them did call on Jesus for deliverance, and He did save them from their sins just as some of them continually rely on Him to keep them from their sins whereas others, having used their liberty foolishly to sow to the flesh, and wind up falling back into sin again.

I reckon when they validify any sin, one can inform them that when sin starts destroying their lives, Jesus is waiting for them to call on Him for help to save them from their sins to be free of them to love others as God would enable us to love by His power of Him living in us as promised.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:15 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,244,899 times
Validity? What is meant by this question? Are we asking if there is an explanation or justification for "ALLOWING" homosexuality to exist?

OMG. folks, OMG....Homosexuality is HERE and it is HERE to stay--despite the discrimination, threats of death and containment and what ever else the fundamentalist church wants or threatens to do to stop homosexuality.

Listen up CHURCH, there are 613 LAWS in the old testament, most if not all are either so irrelavant today they are ignored or they are so silly we as a society know better than to even try and enforce them.

When is the last time anyone on the planet took Two wave loaves of bread baked with salt must be offered on The Feast of Weeks (Pentecost). (Leviticus 23:17)? or when did anyone here experienced the Jubilee year when all the land is to be returned to its appointed owners. (Leviticus 25:23-28)?

I believe the reason why we do not enforce these silly laws let alone laws regarding divorce--

Deuteronomy 22:22 "If a man is found sleeping with another man's wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die." which is CLEARLY explained in the New TEstament in Matthew 19:9 "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery." So there is ABSOLUTELY NO MISTAKE WHAT GOD SUPPOSEDLY INTENDED FOR ADULTERERS.

And yet, some of the biggest FAMILY VALUE people in this country are on their 3-4 or even 5 marriage. Others are married just for the sake of "hiding" their real sexual orientation and yet others don't even care enough to keep it on the low and engage in "premarital sex" without being rebuked by anyone let alone an authority from the church.
When is the next stoning scheduled??

Just think, if all theses meaningless laws are no longer in effect, maybe just maybe, they were originally intended to hold the people of the day accountable and remind them that God is God and that by NOT violating these silly laws, the people acknowledged God and the role He has in life? (and when I say God, others may use a different name and have a different backstory, but still reference the same God)

How is this old heretic doing so far?

So, while we do not hold all the old worn our 613 LAws of the Old Testament, we cling as if life itself depends on stomping and BEATING (LITERALLY and PHYSICALLY) homosexuality out of the person and existence?

Why do we understand the 613 laws are no longer valid? Has there been something that has happened which has elevated or perhaps even replaced the laws? Surly there is a rational explanation for the church to have dropped these laws and those related to ADULTERY / DIVORCE?? After all, one's soul is a terrible thing to waste just because we willingly chose to ignore sacred laws just for convenience? (Other than it was probably the WEALTHY and POWERFUL that insisted on DIVORCE.)

OH WTF...SNAP>>SNAP>>SNAP>>>

I am pretty sure we all KNOW what "happened" to replace those 613 archaic laws---

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

------------------------------------Matthew 7:12

And if this little tid-bit was conveniently overlooked by the faithful, here it is again, as SPOKEN by the fellow most of us know as JESUS---in Matthew 22:36-40

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?"
Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment.
And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'
All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

So, give that the MAN said ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS HANG ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS the other 613 no longer matter...the ORIGINAL 10 no longer matter, DIVORCE no longer matters, and we as believers NO LONGER should feel compelled to hunt out "SIN" and force people to change...

But if we do, might I strongly suggest we start with the REAL destructive behaviors that have tore asunder MANY FAMILIES and done so much damage to FAMILY VALUES---

ALCOHOL
GAMBLING
GREED
OPPRESSION

Then we just might have enough time to worry about silly things like who loves who.

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."

----------John 8:7

Old 02-02-2015, 10:11 AM

1,100 posts, read 797,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Validity? What is meant by this question? Are we asking if there is an explanation or justification for "ALLOWING" homosexuality to exist?
I believe the question was geared towards those that would validify homosexuality for their own personal lifestyle; not those that "allow" for homosexuality as in the legal arena, but I may be wrong.

Quote:
Then we just might have enough time to worry about silly things like who loves who.
Child molesters can say that they love children so the line has to be drawn somewhere about who loves who and how, especially when "they" want public approval for what "they" do behind closed doors, and yet "they" want everybody to mind their own business; the "they" meaning homosexuals; not child molesters.

Quote:
When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."

----------John 8:7
If the thread was about condemning homosexuals to death, that scriptural reference would be applicable, but it is not.

If society was geared towards justifying child molestation as another form of love that needs to be taught to little children in schools and force churches and the American people to accept them or be silent; otherwise, hate speech and bigotry will be the means for civil lawsuits, which side would you be on?

I do not see fornicators nor adulterers trying to come out of the closet to get society to validify what they do behind closed doors as normal and to use legal means to threaten a civil lawsuit if anyone says what they are doing is a sin.

But anyway, I believe the thread is about why homosexuals believe it is okay and what means would they use to validify their behaviour as normal and natural that they think they need to come out from behind closed doors to make others accept their lifestyle as not sinful, let alone, not wrong, at all.

Society is already allowing for homosexuality; this is why I believe the thread is about "what" people are using to validify homosexual behaviour. I'd say they are confusing the sin of lust for love.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:22 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,210,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
...snip... I'd say they are confusing the sin of lust for love.
I'd say you're wrong.

Again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity