Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 11:02 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,250,382 times

Advertisements

Isn't the rock of the planet earth just rock? And isn't salt a mineral?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 03:31 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,867,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Thinker View Post
You're a geologist?
Yes.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:13 AM

9,706 posts, read 10,087,096 times
in Matthew 16: 18 says Peter and all Jesus believers, and on this rock, I will build My Church and the gates of hades will not overcome it ``........In 1 Corinthians 10:4 ``And did all drink for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them and that Rock was Christ ``..Talks of the miracles which God brought Moses was a rock ... Like the miracle rock of horeb which God brought water out of a large rock while Moses was in wilderness with the Israelites from Exodus 17:6........ See Moses and the tabernacle was a shadow of the messiah to come with many metaphors .......Says that Christ is a rock and Christ comes by Gods Holy Spirit

Old 10-11-2014, 07:19 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,166,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
Found out something interesting--at least to me. Not only do we eat of the rock (Jesus and the word) but we also eat of the rock of the planet Earth(salt).
God/creator is all things visible and invisible---in a way we eat of his flesh through the things grown from the ground.
When a volcano erupts it shoots out elements that when mixed with water form salts.When water evaporates it comes down and washes the Earth and particles into rivers that flow into the oceans. Without volcanoes we would all die eventually when all salt was used up(billions of yrs). Earth has a molten core that when too much gas builds in pockets it erupts shooting gases and particles that ends up as salts and nutrients that we need. Thank God for a hot core planet.
Our best vitamins and minerals come straight from the plants and roots that grow from the ground.

In saying these things I discovered that the longest living creatures on Earth are those in the ocean(whales), those that eat huge amounts of vegetation and roots(elephants) or eat salt and minerals from near the ocean(macaws). The longest living true carnivores living in the wild (also the largest) live 15-18 years (tiger/polar bear) and up to 30 yrs captive. Of course we know we need salt, vegetables, and grain--man can live to be over a 100.
If we do not eat of the (ROCK) we would all die. The more we eat of the ROCK the longer we live.
The carnivores have to get their salt and nutrients indirectly from the weak, young and sick--far better to get the vitamins straight from the source.

Anyone have theories on why we have a hot core? They say that Jupiter is surrounded by HOT gases in a place where the temperature surrounding it is almost -500 degrees. Does Mars have a hot core, will it move into our life belt and become a sister planet that can hold life? Was Venus once a planet that held life and life died due to it moving too close to the sun or burning up from the inside? Are our planets in the making to become viable while slowly moving closer to the sun? The planets closest to the sun are hard rock planets while the ones farther out are gas. Evolution with creation--hand in hand
Don't forget that Jelly Fish that reassurects itself after it dies and starts it's lifecycle over again...

Shin Kubota is a professor at Kyoto University's Seto Marine Biological Laboratory. He began studying the gelatinous sea creatures in 1979, and there's one type with which he's particularly preoccupied: the scarlet jellyfish.

"They don't die," Kubota says, "they rejuvenate." He adds that they are one of three jellyfish species in japan that are considered "immortal."

"One day in my plankton net, there was a small scarlet jellyfish from (the) south, which had many sharp sticks stuck into its body," he recalls. "I thought 'poor thing' and removed all of the sticks, hoping it may become better and swim again. But it didn't and shrunk. However, it rejuvenated!"- Are 'immortal' jellyfish the key to eternal life? - CNN.com

Old 10-11-2014, 07:47 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,256,760 times
2 Alt Thinker........................................... ......................................... smile, your name fit you, spiritual eyes.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:07 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,132,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Amateurs. I'm a professional. Lol
Quote:
You're a geologist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Yes.
That rocks!

Me, I used to be a stoner.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:47 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,256,760 times
GINOLJC, 2 all.
addressing the OP only, I Love the play on words here. both spiritually, and physically speaking I may address each. 1 Corinthians 10:4 "And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ”. who is the ROCK?, answer, Deuteronomy 32:3 "Because I will publish the name of the LORD: ascribe ye greatness unto our God. 4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he”. now who made the universe, the solar system, and this planet?, answer, the ROCK, JESUS Christ, GOD himself. all things came from the Ground, including man, except that which he who gives us life, or spirit, and breath. supportive scripture, Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so”. it is the Earth that bring forth, and it it is the Lord Jesus that gives forth,LIFE. for example, sound. be it a trumpet, or a man speaking, both comes from the GROUND. but both need air, or the pneuma to come ALIVE, to make SOUND.

SO, AS THE T.V. SERIES SAY, THE THIRD “ROCK” FROM THE SUN?, Generally speaking.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:34 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,867,469 times
Quote:
That rocks!

I think we had a couple of stoners in our department.

Old 10-12-2014, 08:36 AM

32,533 posts, read 22,166,735 times
Quote:
That rocks!

Ahh, I remember the stoners in High School, long hair, work boots, jeans, black tee-shirts with AC/DC, Megadeath, etc....Smoked pot out back during lunch time...

Old 10-12-2014, 01:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,488,286 times
You need a balanced diet, too much of anything is not good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity