Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 12:08 AM

124 posts, read 118,600 times

Advertisements

Yes I have seen a therapist. Didn't really get too far, he liked new age spiritualism but said I can use My God our Father instead to make it personal and for me.

And thank you expatCA. I do need more friends. And repentance is very hard when I have nothing else to lean on. I know I need to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 01:07 AM

27 posts, read 19,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
When I felt somewhat that way, I happened upon someone who needed help and caring. Getting out of my self concern did the job. I don't know if you can do that deliberately, but it might just be worth a little effort.

Or get plugged with other believers around you. I went through a hard time and just completely walked away. I was angry at the Lord. My heart was hard and I was stubborn. But as I went out of my comfort zones and really tired to connect with other ladies, their personal stories humbled me. My compassion had returned. I believe God grabbed a hold on my heart through this girl.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:55 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
It sounds as if you don't think highly of yourself as an individual. God is the only way out of this situation, just ask God in to your life and He will come in to your heart and mind. You have to put your complete faith and trust in Him, subsequently you will see the differences to living a happy and fulfilled life. You will love what the Lord has done in your life and will make you feel good about you which in turn will make you turn to others and share that wonderful feeling, no longer that sadness or numbness or the ominous feeling hanging over you
Heart and mind?...They're the same thing...

Old 10-13-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAK87 View Post
Or get plugged with other believers around you. I went through a hard time and just completely walked away. I was angry at the Lord. My heart was hard and I was stubborn. But as I went out of my comfort zones and really tired to connect with other ladies, their personal stories humbled me. My compassion had returned. I believe God grabbed a hold on my heart through this girl.
That's awesome I need to get more connected

Old 10-13-2014, 01:48 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,919,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
I don't know if that's the correct term, but what I haven't been feeling describes it well. I have been unable to cry, and unable to feel anything in my life for a while. I have heard God helping us have a soft heart again, but nothing gets through my heart. I Don't get moved by anyone or anything, even crying. I really need help and I am unable to open to God in prayer. I also doubt Gods goodness because he won't help, but that's a lie I cannot break. Do I just force my faith and believe and I'll recover? Any success stories welcome, please help.

The only way to win = Matt 16:24--- Few have.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:53 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,614 times
Quote:
Yes I have seen a therapist. Didn't really get too far, he liked new age spiritualism but said I can use My God our Father instead to make it personal and for me.

I would look into another therapist then, and not someone who uses new age spiritualism or religion to treat his/her patients.
Do you find it hard to feel empathy, remorse, or guilt? Are you able to have any close relationships with people?

Old 10-13-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post
I would look into another therapist then, and not someone who uses new age spiritualism or religion to treat his/her patients.
Do you find it hard to feel empathy, remorse, or guilt? Are you able to have any close relationships with people?
Yes to both of those. I have no empathy and no connection. I want it back!

Old 10-14-2014, 01:27 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,614 times
Quote:
Yes to both of those. I have no empathy and no connection. I want it back!
If that is true then I think you need more than just religion. I am surprised that the therapist you did see didn't take your case more seriously.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:28 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,162,840 times
A miracle.

Old 10-14-2014, 02:49 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Heart and mind?...They're the same thing...
Oh yeah, explain please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity