Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 09:02 AM

124 posts, read 118,511 times

Advertisements

There have been many end time visions from prophecies, all the way from aliens to the whole USA being destroyed. And soon, anytime. How can we be positive knowing our futures are gonna be horrible and might come to an end, including dreams of family and a spouse? Are they all true, or are some fake prophecies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 09:04 AM

And I wouldn't post this just for fun. There are a lot, a lot of people say the same things and have similar dreams... How can I view God as positive and loving and for us? I walk around like I shoul be dead anyways doesn't make a difference. It's bad

Old 10-13-2014, 09:22 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,825,976 times
You seem to be making a vague reference to Acts 2:16-18, which refers to Joel 2:28 (NASB):

Acts 2:17 - 'And it shall be in the Last Days,' God says, 'that I will pour forth my Spirit on all mankind; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and young men shall see visions and your old men shall dream dreams;

Joel 2:28 - "And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

... But, beyond that, nothing else you have said seems either rational or related (?) --

Old 10-13-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
You seem to be making a vague reference to Acts 2:16-18, which refers to Joel 2:28 (NASB):

Acts 2:17 - 'And it shall be in the Last Days,' God says, 'that I will pour forth my Spirit on all mankind; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and young men shall see visions and your old men shall dream dreams;

Joel 2:28 - "And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

... But, beyond that, nothing else you have said seems either rational or related (?) --
Have you tried reading revelations as a good end time reference?

Old 10-13-2014, 10:30 AM

33,223 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
There have been many end time visions from prophecies, all the way from aliens to the whole USA being destroyed. And soon, anytime. How can we be positive knowing our futures are gonna be horrible and might come to an end, including dreams of family and a spouse? Are they all true, or are some fake prophecies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djmagnum View Post
Have you tried reading revelations as a good end time reference?
The United States is not mentioned in any Biblical prophecy. However, considering the course our Country is on it is certainly inviting divine judgment. It's been said that if God doesn't punish the United States He owes Sodom and Gomorrah an apology.

Regarding the Book of Revelation and its prophecies concerning the Tribulation, if you have received Christ as Savior you will not go through any part of that future seven year period since the Church will be raptured and resurrected before the Tribulation begins.

Happiness is not dependent upon the circumstances and details of life. Happiness is a mental attitude and is internal. If you are basing your happiness on dreams of having a spouse and a family, many people have found that dream to be a nightmare. Happiness is based on what you think in your soul. Not on what you have.

Jesus Christ is in control of history, and whatever divine judgment may come upon this Country, the believer who is growing spiritually through learning and applying the Word of God to his life, whose relationship with God is right, has nothing to worry about regardless of the circumstances he may find himself in.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:26 PM

That is true

Old 10-13-2014, 06:00 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,131 times
GINOLJC 2 all,
addressing the OP only. good topic. personally, I don’t believe in any PRE Tribulation Rapture, that's just me ok. but a gathering at the end time?, yes, but the Lord Jesus, God will separate the righteous, and the unrighteous. the bible tells me that we’re already in tribulation, and it just going to get worst. according to John in Revelation, tribulation have already begun. supportive scripture, Revelation 1:9 "I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. so John was in TRIBULATION then, I wonder why he just happen to be on the island, I 'm sure it was not for vacation time. and two, I’m sure John was in the Church of the Lord Jesus, because he was writing what he had saw to his, the Lord Jesus, church. and the apostle Paul and his companions was in TRIBULATION every day of their natural lives. in their travels, the doctor, and the preacher, Luke recorded it. just read the book of Acts. and where ever their travels took them, they, as the apostle put it, had trouble, or tribulation on every side, 2 Corinthians 4:8 "We are troubled, ( TRIBULATION), on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; 10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. and in many places he told of other, who put their lives on the line also, for example, the husband and wife team of,......... Romans 16:3 "Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus:4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles. many more was in danger of their lives, but that did not stop them. [God always take care of his own]. for in him we live and in him we die, dead or alive we're his, see Roman 14:7-9.

and as for any rapture, pre trib, or post everyone have their own belief, and that’s fine. but I go by what God, the Lord Jesus himself said, and he don’t lie. for example, the parable of the wheat and the tares. lets pick it up at verse 28 to get the understanding, we know the parable, Matthew 13:28 " He said unto them, An enemy hath done this, (sowed tares in with the wheat), The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?. (now, the revealing answer), 29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn”. if one will keep one hand here on Matthews 13:28-30 and with the other, open to Revelation chapter 14 starting at verse 13, and read all the way to the end of the chapter, you will understand what you have just heard what Lord said in Matthews 13 about the “END OF THE WORLD”....... THE HARVEST. so if you think that you’re going first, I suggest you re-read chapter 13 of the parable in Matthews, and Revelation 14, again. because this is just the START of the HARVEST of the world. let me say it again, this is JUST THE “START”, of the END. people will be leaving here but not in the upward manner, (smile). I suggest one have his NAME on your forehead, just as it was in in Egypt. the death angel PASSED OVER, by the blood being on the “over head”, or on the post of the DOOR, and the Lord JESUS is our DOOR POST, with his NAME on our overhead/forehead, because he have made us “PILLARS/door posts in his temple/house. that if one is made a “PILLAR”, or as in Egypt a door post, (see Rev. 3:12). he said that he will write his name on our “foreheads”, and the forehead is where the MIND is. Romans 8:5 "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. the first to be gathered are the tares.

this scripture rang so true, John 8:24 "I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. did he NOT make it plain?, Isaiah 43:10 "Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. he clearly said, “I am he”. we are his witness, having his NAME, "JESUS", on our mines.

so my suggestion is to believe on the “NAME”. believe on the “NAME”. and that name is “JESUS”. and be baptize in that NAME, “JESUS”, and be covered by his shed blood on your door post.

be blessed.

Old 10-13-2014, 07:34 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,856,150 times
The "prophets" were usually re-interpreting past events, or else predicting natural outcomes based on the way the people were behaving, people going against the ways of God. They were in tune with the ways of God (at least when they were inspired to be writing those particular books) and they were trying to communicate what God was revealing to their hearts.

So I don't believe anything was "supernaturally" predicted in the Bible. No crystal ball nonsense. That's mostly fiction and you find it in every religious mythology. Some of the stuff that seems that way was written after the fact, in order to illustrate things in a story setting. Nothing more than that.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:39 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The "prophets" were usually re-interpreting past events, or else predicting natural outcomes based on the way the people were behaving, people going against the ways of God. They were in tune with the ways of God (at least when they were inspired to be writing those particular books) and they were trying to communicate what God was revealing to their hearts.

So I don't believe anything was "supernaturally" predicted in the Bible. No crystal ball nonsense. That's mostly fiction and you find it in every religious mythology. Some of the stuff that seems that way was written after the fact, in order to illustrate things in a story setting. Nothing more than that.
prophets don't predict, nor use crystal balls, they speak what was told to them by God. no re-interpreting, supportive scripture,
2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. so no prophet of God spoke on their own, but it is God speaking

Old 10-14-2014, 02:18 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,540,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

Perhaps you should study the prophecies regarding Jesus and that all in their detail came true concerning Him. It is written in the New Testament, "We have a more sure word of prophetcy." Better then just any mans testamony because it is proven that all came true and no man with any inteligence can get around it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity